IGNORED

Stephen Hammer, Harvard Law Graduate

14 hours ago, byzant said:

Does anyone have a link to discussion about his wife search/ their relationship or anyone able to give a summary. Its before my time but sounds fascinating 

I wrote a very snarky summary of the courtship ages ago for Fj's "Who's Who."  

Scroll down for the courtship story.  The problem is that although snarky, that summary is absolutely true.  Stephen found Meredith's blog while browsing the internet and sent her an email.   She turned the email over to Daddy, Tim, who corresponded with Stephen and researched his Godliness for months without even telling Meredith.  There was the requisite 17 page questionnaire.  Tim finally approved M and S corresponding and eventually meeting.  They got engaged the second time Stephen visited the family in person. 

And Meredith lost her mind about wedding planning.  It was the Fundie girl's dream.  She closed her blog after they were married, but Sheridan's OTT flower girl dress lives on in FJ's memory and on the Alexander's blog. ;)

http://alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/sheridans-flower-girl-dress.html

There is also Mama Joy's summary of the courtship here: http://alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/last-journal-entry.html

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Before Stephen came on the scene, Meredith blogged regularly and seemed to be quite the entrepreneur, with her various businesses (baking, bush hogging, real estate, farm work) not to mention being a sister mom to her little sister who was, IIRC, about 15 years younger. Considering her fundie, SAHD beliefs, she was fairly independent & out in the world.

She also was responsible for homeschooling all her siblings, mothered Sheridan, and processed chickens on the side.  And she wore defrauding tops with shoe string straps! 

But she was very much a SAHD,  The Alexander family beliefs were utterly poisonous and as Fundie as you can get, Vision Forum edition.  They were good at hiding the worst of them when called out, like young Oliver's defense of slavery on the Refiner's Fire blog being made private.

As far as Stephen Hammer goes, I think he's either aiming for a political career in TX or he's working his way up to being a judge.  He has always given me the shivers.  Not in a good way.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Thank You 4

@Bethella -- thank you! Jeez-o-petes, 19 years. No wonder poor Sheridan had such a hard time when Meredith married & moved away. 

@Palimpsest - thank you for the links. Somehow, I'd never seen Joy's recap post -- PDF-ing now it for the cyberstash, to hold against the day Stephen runs for a judgeship or higher office. 

No, in spite of her entrepreneurial bent & spaghetti straps, Meredith is fundie to the core and her parents are just as bad -- some really loathsome beliefs. They all clearly thought they'd hit the fundie jackpot when Stephen "stumbled" across Meredith's SAHD blog.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 months later...

It appears Hammer #6 arrived sometime around the beginning of the year.  

No giant bow on its head so it must be a boy. Any guesses on names?

Screenshot_20200618-113527.png

• Upvote 1