IGNORED

Lori Alexander 46: She Sure Is Highly Edumacated

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I am starting to think her mom has taken a turn...

The post is another copy and paste job, and the Instagram mentions sitting with her cousins.

That's what I think too. She's not even deleting comments as usual. and just one maybe two post a day and not even here own.  On Sunday there weren't any on FB. 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope her mother passes with dignity surrounded by light and love, if that's what's going on. May her family be comforted, and may this work a change for the better in Lori's heart.

Spoiler

Wow...reading Alyssa's Instagram today kind of broke my heart.  

How often does Lori bring up infertility and "barrenness"?  She has to know how much it hurts her daughter.  

How could she??  Omg, I just can't...what kind of monster does that to her own child?

I don't understand that, either. I mean, it isn't that I want to see Lori exploit her daughter's situation and publicly discuss her, and I guess it's good that she isn't doing that. I hope Alyssa stays away from her mother's blog and social media. She is seems to have a beautiful and courageous heart, and she doesn't need to wade through her mom's manure.

15 hours ago, purjolok84 said:
On 5/21/2018 at 7:36 AM, Hisey said:
Anyone who says different is fooling themselves or doesn't do the laundry.

Not fooling myself, but it's really not a big deal in our house, and I hate the dryer and the stupid stigma against drying my clothes on a clothesline outside. It's pathetic, really, that somehow my choice to hang my clothes outside is either "gross" or "brings down housing values" which is just silly. We all have underwear! Who cares! 

47 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Not fooling myself, but it's really not a big deal in our house, and I hate the dryer and the stupid stigma against drying my clothes on a clothesline outside. It's pathetic, really, that somehow my choice to hang my clothes outside is either "gross" or "brings down housing values" which is just silly. We all have underwear! Who cares! 

Sheets on the clothesline is the best thing ever. My clothesline broke this spring and I was so sad. Trying to find a new line 

2 hours ago, Koala said:
  Hide contents

Wow...reading Alyssa's Instagram today kind of broke my heart.  

How often does Lori bring up infertility and "barrenness"?  She has to know how much it hurts her daughter.  

How could she??  Omg, I just can't...what kind of monster does that to her own child?

What did Alyssa say? I don't know her last name to look her up.

Davies is vile and I'm not going to click on that link to read the same old women hating shit he always spews. 

If Lori's mother had taken a turn for the worse I wish them all the best. It's a hard thing to go through and my thoughts are with them. 

Just read Alyssa's post and I love her honesty as much as it also breaks my heart. The struggle is so real for couples and women who want to have babies. I hope she's able to have one or a path the adoption is opened to them. Thoughts and prayers to her and her husband. 

I have avoided Lori for a couple weeks because of her apparently flippant attitude about her terminally ill mother.  

My father-in-law died 15 days ago, eight months after we buried my mother-in-law. My husband was in fear of losing his job at one point because he has spent eighteen months caring for and burying both parents. To see Lori go on with her petty little blog and worthless doodles makes me sick. 

I'd have a little respect for her if she'd post something like "I'm going to close up shop for a few weeks so I can spend time with my family as we care for my mother in her last days."  She seems to think her words are so freaking important that she can't leave her tens of followers without her wisdom for even one day.  

My husband and I have literally looked at each other several times in the past months and said "what day is it?"  Since the funeral, two weeks ago, we have felt like we are experiencing severe jet lag. We have been in a time warp. I realize we can't know what is going on in Lori's mind but her mother's illness seems to be not even a blip on Lori's radar. 

As far as Lori's incessant posting about having children, if Ken was a halfway decent father, he'd put a stop to it. He'd pull put Cabinet Man's line and say "Woman, that shit isn't going to fly around here! I will not have you hurting our daughter any longer!"  

I've probably shared too much and now I'm all worked up again. I don't even care. This woman is vile. 

I am so sorry for your loss, @usmcmom

This reader is a real gem... 

As we head into parenthood, this has been my goal - to not get a bunch of stuff. Yet somehow the stuff is almost forced on me by having to have several baby showers. I am trying to be very intentional about my registry but know that additional things will follow. I suppose I will return things if we don’t need them.

Bless her heart- the things she needs for her baby are being "forced on her" by kind friends and family.  Must be awful.  Good thing she's got a solution- she's going to be "very intentional" about what she grifts for.  Maybe she should even send out a warning that any item not specifically from her "intentional" list will be returned immediately.  Then she probably wouldn't have to worry about a baby shower at all, because her friends would likely tell her to go take a flying leap.  

Wow...what a piece of work.

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am so sorry for your loss, @usmcmom

This reader is a real gem... 

Bless her heart- the things she needs for her baby are being "forced on her" by kind friends and family.  Must be awful.  Good thing she's got a solution- she's going to be "very intentional" about what she grifts for.  Maybe she should even send out a warning that any item not specifically from her "intentional" list will be returned immediately.  Then she probably wouldn't have to worry about a baby shower at all, because her friends would likely tell her to go take a flying leap.  

Wow...what a piece of work.

Or just tell them to donate to... St.Jude's children s hospital

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. They really do help. 

Regarding that poor mother who is afraid of getting too many gifts - she could, you know; not have a registry. That would cut down on lots of "extras."  Most people tend to buy basics for baby showers, in my opinion, unless faced with a registry that specifies a lot of different items. 

And just because, I am going to show you what a joke both Lori and KB Davies are.

On Feb. 7, 2014, Lori posted the following quote to her blog:

1700176202_Youmightbe....PNG.82df28e27aaccb6da44e0f51c497a4c7.PNG

That's right.  If men don't want you, it may be because you aren't hot enough.  That was Lori's message to Christian young women.  

Today, she quotes another "man" (KB Davies).  Take a look at what he says:

I don’t hear anything about teaching them to love themselves the way they are, rather than “toning” their skins and yearning to wear make up and lace wigs when they grow up.

No clue wtf a "lace wig" is, but whatever...I don't get around much.

He continues:

All they know is how to dress sexy, look good, and wear makeup.

Funny, isn't it?  In a pathetic, what the hell is wrong with these people kind of way.  

Why don't they just come out and admit that they hate women?  It'd be so much easier than preaching a sermon on why women should do  _________, and the immediately preaching a sermon on how you can't believe they are doing the very thing you told them to do.

It's ridiculous, and it's a no win for the women.  

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'd LOVE to hang my clothes outside.  I have many times in the past.  Unfortunately, I am allergic to everything that grows at our current location and I would be miserably ill if I wore clothes that had been dried outside.

I think the stigma is a holdover from when only more well off people could afford dryers and so drying your clothes outside was a sign you couldn't afford one.  Most people outside the US do not have dryers, so it really is not an issue.

4 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

My late great-grandmother received a dryer late in her life (she was born in early 1900s and lived to her mid-90s) and while she dried some things in it, she liked the clothesline. She refused to dry her underwear in the dryer telling everyone her panties felt better after drying on the line. 

@usmcmom, so sorry for your loss. No one can understand the helplessness and exhaustion of caring for and losing a dying parent until going through it. Hugs to you, usmcdad, and the usmckids.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

And just because, I am going to show you what a joke both Lori and KB Davies are.

On Feb. 7, 2014, Lori posted the following quote to her blog:

1700176202_Youmightbe....PNG.82df28e27aaccb6da44e0f51c497a4c7.PNG

That's right.  If men don't want you, it may be because you aren't hot enough.  That was Lori's message to Christian young women.  

Today, she quotes another "man" (KB Davies).  Take a look at what he says:

No clue wtf a "lace wig" is, but whatever...I don't get around much.

He continues:

Funny, isn't it?  In a pathetic, what the hell is wrong with these people kind of way.  

Why don't they just come out and admit that they hate women?  It'd be so much easier than preaching a sermon on why women should do  _________, and the immediately preaching a sermon on how you can't believe they are doing the very thing you told them to do.

It's ridiculous, and it's a no win for the women.  

If I was a young Christian women who was single and looking for a mate and read this I would feel so horrible about myself. If the wrong girls reads this it could cause them to self harm or starve themselves. No true Christian would ever say this to a person. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because someone doesn’t meet Lori’s standards for beauty,  not sure what they are since she is underweight and not the most attractive person, doesn’t mean they aren’t beautiful. 

Sorry for your loss @usmcmom.

We have a tumble dryer in our house. The weather is too dodgy most of the year for an outside clothes line to be reliable. We had one at one point, but we used it less and less and now it’s not there anymore.

And I don’t even have words for how much of a bitch Lori is. She can go shove her “advice” up her arse.

Lori, you twunt, I know tons of perfectly wonderful girls and women who fit your exacting standards of appearance, and they can’t freaking give it away. For every conventionally pretty girl who makes up her mind to get her MRS degree and succeeds, there are ten who try and fail. And legions of others who shrug and say, eff that shizz.

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

My father-in-law died 15 days ago, eight months after we buried my mother-in-law. 

You have my heartfelt condolences. My mother died on February 26 of this year. 

37 minutes ago, Hane said:

so sorry for your loss. No one can understand the helplessness and exhaustion of caring for and losing a dying parent until going through it.

So, so true. The last few months of my mothers life were hell, I was relieved that the pain finally ended.

She's busily sharing old blog posts on FB, and if anyone dares disagree with her, she posts a link to yet another of her posts (which ironically, was written by someone else). 

Time well spent, Lori.  :pb_rollseyes:

Spoiler

Hey Lori?  Since you've got lots of free time to waste on the net, how about wandering your judgemental self over to your daughter's Instagram to offer a word of support.  

Oh, who am I kidding.  Lori doesn't offer support to anyone.  

Well, at least her aunt reached out.  Makes perfect sense,  Lori's sister reaches out to Lori's daughter.  Lori seeks out people to argue with on FB.  

@usmcmom Sorry for your loss. :(

I hope Lori for her mother's sake just put the blog and social media on hold so that she can take care of her mom. Or post an update of her mom's condition. People will understand. Hope all is well.

• Destiny locked and unlocked this topic
  • Destiny locked this topic

Archived