IGNORED

Reborn dolls - please for the love of god talk about them here!

quiversR4hunting

4 hours ago, Briefly said:

Yeah, that really creeps me out too!  If someone wants to collect dolls, that's fine. I don't care how detailed people make their dolls that they collect.  But I have to draw the line at the birth stories and taking them out in public, pretending that they are babies, etc.

I remember a few years back, there was a scammer who claimed to be pregnant and then claimed that the baby was either stillborn or died right after birth. She had pictures of her baby and it was actually a reborn doll or a lifelike baby doll. She was trying to scam people and was caught because I think someone recognized the "baby" as a specific model of doll.  I think Rose was in her name.  That's usually the first thing I think of when I see these dolls.

Omg, are you thinking about April Rose?  I so remember that.  That was some crazy shit!

3 hours ago, jozina said:

The surgery was just...?????? As ridiculous as it is how dreadful it was (eg putting on a mask after you scrub, touching your mask after...ew ew ew) nearly distracted me from how creepy the dolls were. It didn't though. Heel pricks??? The "nurse" looked like she wanted no part of that insanity. How do you even get into that? "Hey, wanting to film a birth of my Down Syndrome twin dollies. Want to play the nurse?"

Right?!?  It was one of the most bizarre things I've ever watched.    And then when they said something about it being for her family to watch?  Uh, no.  Not entertaining a delusional fantasy.  Sorry crazy cakes.  

4 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Those are the creepiest ones I've seen so far. Not good at all artistically speaking. 

Agree.  Some lady on one of the local buy/sell/trade groups on Facebook has been selling her reborn dolls.  Everyone ignores her, and I'm pretty sure the creeped the fuck out vibe is unanimous.  That said, the dolls (artistically speaking) are gorgeous.  They are obviously high quality.

The ones in this video, though?  Honestly, they look like crap.  The eyes are all wrong.  Too bright, and always looking to the side.  They look poorly made.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What did I just watch.  She says that one of the women is struggling to get pregnant, and they are doing some tests?!?  

Lord help a duck, I've never heard such craziness.  Is she paying this woman to pretend like she's battling infertility with her?  What even is this shit?!  My god, I just can't.  

Jesus.

4 hours ago, Briefly said:

I remember a few years back, there was a scammer who claimed to be pregnant and then claimed that the baby was either stillborn or died right after birth. She had pictures of her baby and it was actually a reborn doll or a lifelike baby doll. She was trying to scam people and was caught because I think someone recognized the "baby" as a specific model of doll.  I think Rose was in her name.  That's usually the first thing I think of when I see these dolls.

April Rose! I remember that. 

1 hour ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

I fell down a rabbit hole on r/RebornDollCringe and I now have the WEIRDEST banner ads...

Thanks for that rabbit hole. the local R4R's were getting kinda boring, and there is only a handful of bloggers I like to snark on. 

“Down syndrome twins” (what the actual fuck were you thinking—you are birthing fake babies, you ratchet up the drama with a fake diagnosis) Nice job having your teen daughter assist in your horrible role-play fantasy...enlist a mental health professional, you now, for her when she hates you later.

baby body-1

baby eyes- 0

if you suck at making eyeballs, don’t make eyeballs!   They look like babies whose eyes got plucked out by the fake monkey baby and replaced by the fake baby ophthalmologist.

15 minutes ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

replaced by the fake baby ophthalmologist.

Well there’s a career for my dad once he retires from you know, human ophthalmology. 

I am pleased to report that the baby on my flight was real. I’m assuming based on the fact she only cried a little bit, and one of these reborn babies (especially that Britton) would totallycry the entire 7 hour flight (meaning the “Mom” would fake cry on behalf of her “baby”). I wonder if these people would get their doll a passport...

I’m also assuming reborn dolls don’t cuddle their parents in the same adorable way real babies do. I’m glad that taking a break from these whackadoos for several hours restored my love of babies and I no longer fear all of them are secretly dolls (well, maybe some of them are...)

And it’s amazing how fast I went from knowing nothing about this community to hating Britton just like the reditors.

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

One more thing. This was a link on the GOMI thread. NIGHTMARES FOR DAYS.

I've been on FJ for too long - the first thing I thought was "that baby cage is bigger than the ones Jill puts her kids in" - send help!

Dear Free Jinger Friends:

When you are tempted to stay awake until 12:39 on a school night, eat too many cookies and explore fake babies, step away from the device. 

xoxo,

Monster 

I've actually read of cases where someone smashed in a car window, thinking a living infant has been left inside, only for it to be a reborn doll.

12 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I've actually read of cases where someone smashed in a car window, thinking a living infant has been left inside, only for it to be a reborn doll.

It’s happened quite a few times. Which is why when someone asked to see my dolls I put them in the trunk. :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The teenager (her actual daughter?) in the video was basically my expression watching it the entire time--she was not having this silliness. 

She is going to have a hell of a lot to talk about with her therapists. That time my mom forced me to be a pretend nurse while she did a pretend c-section to deliver pretend babies. 

Like StepMonsterinLA I too have advice. If you put a video up on Facebook showing someone faking a c-section of twin babies at your old place of work, make sure you have a plausible explanation for why you found the video in the first place.

”It was from a website predominantly discussing the harm done by fundamentalist.” No, that’ll annoy the people who still speak to the fundie relatives and I’ll have them breathing threats of hellfire down my neck.

”I enjoy looking up creepy fake dolls and the women who have built up complex delusional systems around them.” No, makes me sound weird too.

”The Internet. You know.” Yeah that’ll do. 

That poor poor daughter. There’s another video of a “birth” where it starts off following an ambulance. Does she drive around trying to find one? Have a dash cam set up for the fortunate moment when she sees one? So bizarre.

As I mentioned before, I'm a doll collector and part of the "doll community" which means I Have Seen Some Shit. 

The creepiest one was the girl who had a reborn doll made and named after a famous mommy vlogger's daughter. It fucked me up so bad, you know putting your kid on the internet is prone to attract some bizarre stuff but yikes!! Granted, the doll's "mommy" was about 15 at the time but it's still old enough to know better. 

7 hours ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

baby body-1

baby eyes- 0

if you suck at making eyeballs, don’t make eyeballs!   They look like babies whose eyes got plucked out by the fake monkey baby and replaced by the fake baby ophthalmologist.

Eyes are so critically important for dolls! IDK why porcelain doll makers never figured that out, the vast majority of them have thousand-yard straight ahead stares which contributes hugely to the "creepy" factor. I have before spent a good half hour just getting the eyes in the right position in one of my (not-reborn) dolls.

I can't imagine spending the money these things cost and not making sure the eyes are perfect. My BJDs are much more stylized and I'm still picky about eyes for them... glass or urethane only for me. One cool thing about well-made doll eyes... they can "track". Like seem to follow you, just a little! Makes them look more realistic, but also makes them easier to position. My current favorite eye brands  are Dollshe (only have one pair, they are expensive) and Mako (have a few, want more though). The most I've ever spent on eyes was $60, I think, but that was a one-time purchase years ago. My budget is lower, now.

I agree the oddest thing about reborn dolls are the people treating them as real. Carrying or strolling them around a doll show? Sure! That's your people. (I always carry a doll around at doll shows, usually whichever one I'm shopping for.) Doing photoshoots? Sure, that's part of the fun! Forcing unwilling people NOT in the hobby to participate? Not cool. Not cool at all. 

7 hours ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

Dear Free Jinger Friends:

When you are tempted to stay awake until 12:39 on a school night, eat too many cookies and explore fake babies, step away from the device. 

xoxo,

Monster 

I’ll further add if you take a red eye and don’t sleep on the plane and you land in the early morning and your body is crying by the afternoon then you’ll think Amber Portwood’s new baby looks like one of those dolls and wonder if her whole pregnancy was a dramastic (to use Jenelle’s word) lead up to unveiling the doll. Cross your fingers for a spin off show on these dolls.

5131972C-18DA-41A6-A826-82A654E0DEB0.thumb.png.54b30e7a130db02f23fd57e774742c54.png

Also I spent all day suspiciously looking at babies to see if they were moving or not/still as a doll. Fuck I might need to tell my therapist about this so she can help me  recover.

I’ve seen that documentary someone linked to. Not gonna lie, I felt like those people needed help. I remember there was a couple on it where the husband was totally not into it. I bet that marriage didn’t last. I also found it weird how people seemed convinced they were real, they don’t to me. Although maybe that’s because I know in advance that they’re fake? 

I also read a story once where a woman spent thousands of pounds on outfits for her dolls, but refused to buy treats etc for her own, real life daughters, who were 12 and 13 at the time. I would’ve been so pissed off if I was them. I wanted to punch that woman. 

45 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’ll further add if you take a red eye and don’t sleep on the plane and you land in the early morning and your body is crying by the afternoon then you’ll think Amber Portwood’s new baby looks like one of those dolls and wonder if her whole pregnancy was a dramastic (to use Jenelle’s word) lead up to unveiling the doll. Cross your fingers for a spin off show on these dolls.

5131972C-18DA-41A6-A826-82A654E0DEB0.thumb.png.54b30e7a130db02f23fd57e774742c54.png

Also I spent all day suspiciously looking at babies to see if they were moving or not/still as a doll. Fuck I might need to tell my therapist about this so she can help me  recover.

Oh lord. Talk about a person who SHOULD only mother dolls...

Does anyone have a link to the Facebook for "Britton Rose" who "speaks" in awful baby talk and gets into all sorts of hijinks? Reddit isn't allowing any posts about her because she was getting harassed (out of all the reasons behind sending death threats, "posts twee scenarios as a doll for fellow fans" is probably the stupidest I've seen so far), but I'd like to give her a follow. 

I can't cope with the fact there's Britton Rose who talks du her mommy wike is all da dime, and Britton Joy, who is in the poop video, and who's mother makes her teen daughter appear in it too.   I've seen Britton as a surname, but it makes no sense as a given name!

The all time maddest one on that Reddit is Hecti Chunks, who went private after the whole internet found her....  she had a terrifying stalking account, when she stole and photoshopped photos of a country singer as the father to her "children" and OMG GET A RESTRAINING ORDER, MAN, SHE HAD LOST IT!!

6 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I can't cope with the fact there's Britton Rose who talks du her mommy wike is all da dime, and Britton Joy, who is in the poop video, and who's mother makes her teen daughter appear in it too.   I've seen Britton as a surname, but it makes no sense as a given name!

The all time maddest one on that Reddit is Hecti Chunks, who went private after the whole internet found her....  she had a terrifying stalking account, when she stole and photoshopped photos of a country singer as the father to her "children" and OMG GET A RESTRAINING ORDER, MAN, SHE HAD LOST IT!!

Back in the early nineties, I actually knew a girl whose little brother was named Britton (possibly spelled differently, I was too young to think about it and remember it)--who would have been born in the mid-to-late eighties, if my memory serves. That said, the family was Mormons from Utah, who IMO can have some pretty out-there, made-up names at times. His three sisters, one of whom was my friend, also had fairly unusual names, especially for the area. 

It's funny, because I wouldn't think twice about meeting a baby (male or female) nowadays with the name Britton, but at the time, my mother was all "OMGWTFBBQ" at these kids' names. (This is compared to my family, where creativity of any sort is an affront to the ancestors--everyone is "Joel," "Joe," or "Lee" in some combination). I feel obliged to say they were a lovely family, though. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I think it is time for you to step away from this thread and get some sleep.

This may or may not be one of the scariest, most disturbing threads on this website. :pb_lol:

I'm cracking up at you all being suspicious of babies now. Who knows, maybe half the babies we see in public aren't even real. :pb_eek: This is nuts.

P.S. Broadway geek here. Last year The Great Comet of 1812 (based on a section of Tolstoy's War & Peace) was on Broadway, and Sonya Rostova was played by Brittain Ashford. So... There's an example of a variation of Britton as a given name. 

I've spent way too much time scrolling through #rebornroleplay on Instagram. I may never sleep again.

Screenshot_2018-05-08-12-52-41-1.png.c154981727633494ef9a820a2376be21.png

Archived