IGNORED

Royal Baby is a Boy

victoriasponge

15 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Ah.  For me it was Leonard Whiting.  Never heard of him?  He was in the mid 1960s Zeffirelli film version of Romeo and Juliet.  And then faded away into obscurity.

(I know this is 4 pages back, but I just had to respond. :) ) Of course I know who he is. I have the movie on DVD! I need to watch it again and see if I still think he is callipygian.  ;)

Special thanks to @Marian the Librarian for teaching me a new word on the DPIART thread awhile ago!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170830-000920.thumb.jpg.c557fa880c4f4f6f3b0b978b04639bf6.jpg

Screenshot_20170830-001240.thumb.jpg.c689c0cbb5569f79e10dce244783279e.jpg

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

As for Charles.  Oh, honey.  Everything about the guy is odd.

Going back to the freaking 70s, my mother said Charles was beyond odd and if they could, they would skip over him.

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Going back to the freaking 70s, my mother said Charles was beyond odd and if they could, they would skip over him.

I still think it's a shame Princess Anne isn't the Crown Princess - out of those siblings she seems to have her head most firmly screwed on and to be the most actually suited to the job. That would have left Charles a lot freer to go off and do weird stuff.

I am not a big fan of the royals but I actually like Charles, a lot of things regarding conservation he said years ago are being proven as correct. I don't think he would disrespect his mother and refuse to give Edward the title, they may not be close but I'm pretty sure he has forgiven him for breaking the agreement about filming William at University. Edward was wrong to do that, he was exploiting his nephew to try boost his failing film company. 

I do wish Anne was higher up the succession, I always felt that rule was outdated. I'm glad Charlotte won't be overtaken by her brother.

Baby’s name is Louis Arthur Charles <3

I love it and I’m so happy they didn’t go with any of the top names being touted by the bookies. 

73ADABED-49C4-43B0-9250-3A305DB2EC1D.png

Louis was Prince Philips uncle that was killedby the IRA right? He was close to Charles if I remember correctly.

Personally not a fan of the name, but I didn't like George either. I think all three children have equally formal/older fashioned nanes which does make them a little less abrasive. I understand why they chose the names the context of personal significance, bit they just are too old for me.

I never thought they'd consider James (because of Catherine's brother and  William's cousin), and whenever Arthur Philip was suggested I'd get the giggles because Captain Arthur Philip sailed the first fleet to Australia. I know it's in William's name but I'm not sure including something that could cause controversy would be a good idea. Same goes for Albert as a first name because of the piercing!

I wonder if the s will be say or if it will be loo-ee. I must say I prefer the latter. I also think Charles would sound better before Arthur, but overall it’s a nice name. 

7 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I wonder if the s will be say or if it will be loo-ee. I must say I prefer the latter. I also think Charles would sound better before Arthur, but overall it’s a nice name. 

I'm sure it will be Loo-ee, because that's how it's pronounced in the UK, and how Louis Mountbatten pronounced it.

So the Cambridges recycle one of Prince George's middle names.

Which makes Elizabeth Grace Maxwell, sister of Ruthanne Elizabeth Maxwell, actually a royal naming trendsetter (not that she'll ever realise).

No one has ever or will ever accuse William and Catherine of bring creative or imaginative or Daring in any choice they make. If a name is good enough for Grandpa it’s good enough for their son.

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Baby’s name is Louis Arthur Charles <3

I love it and I’m so happy they didn’t go with any of the top names being touted by the bookies. 

Ha! I got two out of three in my office pool. I didn't think they would go with Charles because of Charlotte so I had Louis Arthur Philip. Can't wait to get to work to see if I was the closest!

21 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

Hold up. Americans pronounce Louis as Lewis?

Mind blown. :Bang2:

I now have an Inspector Morse ear-worm...

I think it’s a really lovely name actually. It’s traditional (obviously), but Louis sounds nice enough with George and Charlotte. 

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

No one has ever or will ever accuse William and Catherine of bring creative or imaginative or Daring in any choice they make. If a name is good enough for Grandpa it’s good enough for their son.

To be fair, they don’t really have the option to be imaginative or daring. They have to try and pick names they like from a narrower than average selection - that can’t be too easy at times. And many couples feel that names good enough for family members are good enough for their children, my husband and I among them. I think they’ve done a relatively decent job so far considering the restrictions likely placed on them when picking names. 

26 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

Hold up. Americans pronounce Louis as Lewis?

Mind blown. :Bang2:

Not that I’m aware of. I’m in New England and I’ve always heard Louis pronounced the French way. Lewis is a separate name with a different pronunciation.

Louis is nice. I just don't like that it's already one of George's middle names. 

I've always pronounced Louis as Loo-ee Lewis is Lew-iss. Although student teaching a few years ago I was thrown off a bit having a Hispanic student named Louis who pronounced it Luis. Had to catch myself a few times before calling on him  

I’m glad they reused the name Louis. I was afraid they wouldn’t because it’s George’s middle name. It’s much better than Albert or Arthur. 

If they were going to reuse one of George's middle names, I would have preferred Alexander. 

It's not bad, but I'm surprised by it. 

The bookies must be happy.  Well, except for Paddy Powers who already paid out on Arthur.  Louis as a first name wasn't even in the top ten. 

I like it. :lol:

I like the name. Gotta say, I'm surprised Phillip wasn't a part of the name however. 

Hope Prince William gets some good shut eye soon. I found it very relateable how he was nodding off. 

I am surprised. I did not see Louis coming. I’m so so on the name, I was hoping for something else. But on the other hand, thank god it’s not Prince Albert!!! The lack of Philip is really surprising, but perhaps Harry wants to use it as a first name for his children. 

If William and Kate have another, and it’s a girl, people will be insanely clamouring for them to use Diana, since now they’ve repeated a name. 

I like the name, it goes well with George and Charlotte. It is traditional but it is already a common name here. 

My friend posted on Facebook that her young daughter after watching the the Royals on TV said to her, if I marry Prince George does that mean I'll become a princess then queen.

They were insanely clamoring for Diana when Charlotte was born even though realistically it would never happen knowing how the rest of the family  particularly Charles and The Queen   feel  about those years. And if nothing else it’s not a royal name anyway. 

I think Harry will go for Francis for his first Girl or as a middle name for his first son. 

There is Serious speculation that Phillip is being saved Zara who is due next month I believe.

I don't think the Queen or Charles would have said no to Diana as a first name. 

I do think it was never an option, though, because they didn't want their daughter to be constantly compared to her dead grandmother. 

Archived