IGNORED

Royal Baby is a Boy

victoriasponge

I really liked the first season and didn't like the second season. Mostly due to Philip and his constant whining.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So cute. It’ll be fun to see what he looks like as he grows up. Part of the reason I find huge families like the Duggars and Bateses interesting is to see how genetics play out over that number of siblings. I don’t think Will and Kate will quite make it to 19, though. :P

He's precious! As much as I like how they re-use clothes and everything, I'm so curious to see how these kids are normally dressed. I doubt they spend every day in woolen sweaters and trousers. I wonder if George wears like.. paw patrol shirt, and Charlotte wears Peppa Pig or whatever. I wish we could see some modern pics of them. I understand why William and Kate release such formal portraits of them, but it'd be nice to see another side of the family, too. 

4 hours ago, viii said:

He's precious! As much as I like how they re-use clothes and everything, I'm so curious to see how these kids are normally dressed. I doubt they spend every day in woolen sweaters and trousers. I wonder if George wears like.. paw patrol shirt, and Charlotte wears Peppa Pig or whatever. I wish we could see some modern pics of them. I understand why William and Kate release such formal portraits of them, but it'd be nice to see another side of the family, too. 

I've read that the formal clothing is just for official events, in part so they don't get recognized as easily when they're out in more normal/modern clothing, like when they go to the park with their nanny.

Yeah, that’s true. They’re put in those sorts of outfits when there will be official photographs of them, or for times like when George and Charlotte visited their brother in hospital (although of course George was in school uniform). I guess Charlotte will end up going to the same school, it’s co-ed. 

Also: Zara Phillips (Anne’s daughter) is expecting her second child. After her previous pregnancy ended in miscarriage, I hope this one goes well. Miscarriage sucks, especially when your family is in the public eye like hers is.

That makes sense, I just wish we could see informal pictures of them. I'm curious to Kate's style for them. Knowing Kate, it's probably still quite muted and preppy. 

• 6 months later...

Tagging this on here - Kate’s sister named her baby’s Arthur ... so George, Charlotte and Louis have no chance of getting a baby brother named Arthur :( (I think William and Kate will have one more Bub).

This totally confused me at first because I thought we found out Harry and Meghan were having a boy, and then I looked at the date, ha. 

But yeah, I saw that Pippa named her son Arthur Michael William... it's a nice name, I'm just sad it's not belonging to a royal baby. I reeeeeally wanted a Prince Arthur. I'm guessing Kate knew her sister wanted to use that name, and that's why it made Louis' middle name, but not his first name. 

Oh, nice. I've always loved the name Arthur! Kind of sad there won't be a Prince Arthur, but maybe Pippa called dibs, haha.

Which is completely fair. Pippa's kids will always be overshadowed, even within the family, as much as I'm sure they'll try not to. If Pippa felt strongly about some names, it was kind of Kate to allow her to have them, even if she didn't have to. 

I mean, I've always loved the name Elizabeth. That's been my name from day one, and my sisters both know it. When my niece was born, my sister said they were stuck on two middle names, one of them being Elizabeth. She asked if I preferred them not to use it, and she would be okay with my answer either way. I asked them not to, since I have that name for a child, and they went with the other option. They didn't have to, nobody owns a name, but I really appreciated that they didn't, and I'm sure Pippa feels the same. 

Archived