IGNORED

Teri Maxwell talking about recipes and multi-tasking: does what...

samurai_sarah

...every person in history has done: multi-tasking.

But in true Maxhell fashion, this is news to all of us heathens:

https://blog.titus2.com/2018/03/14/multitasking-and-multi-multitasking/

P.S.: Everyone, please feel free to do what I just did: Open a thread about something that bugs/interests/otherwise engages you!!! Like, uh, anything...Seriously! No, I mean it. Really! :)

(See, I put a smiley face there to underline the content of my message. Surely, that solves it all. Right?)

1 minute ago, freethemall said:

Okay but that blog post and similar ones have been discussed at length in the main Maxwell thread....

Oh well, after so many years of following Maxhell, it all starts to blur. Thanks for the reminder!

her definition of multi-tasking and mine are very very different.

(Says the person who is waiting for an email to come through, so has a phone with an alert set, setting on the pile of paperwork w/ that to my left, a pen and a notepad with a ongoing to do list on my right, a computer on my lap and a TV on)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 4:36 AM, freethemall said:

Okay but that blog post and similar ones have been discussed at length in the main Maxwell thread....

Hah. Yeah, this quest to generate multiple threads shouldn’t lean too heavily on the Maxwells :) 

If you want to discuss the push to have new content, please take that to the proper spot which is in community discussion.  Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

If you want to discuss the push to have new content, please take that to the proper spot which is in community discussion.  Thanks!

No, I think it’s totally fine. Comment was just a snark on the boringness of Maxwelldom.

So while I was reading Teri's drivel, I was listening to my daughter, answering her, and typing this response.

Multitasking? I'd say multiplaying, but that's just me. 

Why do the Maxwells have to act as if they're the inventors of things.... 

cutting up vegetables and maximizing your time in the kitchen isn't multitasking. It's being efficient!

• 3 weeks later...

Why was she proud of this? She wasn't making multiple dishes at once, she was just using part of an onion to meal prep. God this is sad. 

23 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Why was she proud of this? She wasn't making multiple dishes at once, she was just using part of an onion to meal prep. God this is sad. 

I agree, this isn't multitasking, it was all cooking. Multitasking is doing more than one activity at once. 

6 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I agree, this isn't multitasking, it was all cooking. Multitasking is doing more than one activity at once. 

I guess when your entire life has been scheduled in 15 minute increments for years, you have no idea of what multitasking even is. 

The only time I’m not multitasking is in my sleep. It’s not a stressful thing; I’ve been doing that since I was a kid. 

Okay, so I kind of empathize with Teri here.  I've got periods of really bad anxiety* and when I'm feeling at my capacity just to get through my work and the tasks of daily living, taking one proactive step to lessen my workload in the future is a MASSIVE achievement.  If I managed to make TWO meals in one day after I finished work, I totally would think that worthy of a post on Facebook or Tumblr.  

That said, I work an average of 10 to 12 hours a day in what I think is a pretty high stress job and sometimes weekends.  I'm not sure Teri's day is comparable... but she clearly has some struggles, so I empathize.  

* SPOILER I haven't received treatment since I left Ontario because I live in a province that has a doctor shortage despite the for-pay healthcare.  Yay.  :( 

Archived