IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

11 hours ago, Caskett4ever said:

Erin is 27. Whitney is 24 (but will be 25 in a few days). Alyssa is 23.

This is so crazy- I am 31 and I thought for the longest time Erin and Whitney are older than me. It is partly down to their demeanour (having children, seem to have their life perfectly in order) and to their looks (having a defined fashion style, wearing lots of make up most of the time). I thought they were like 3-5 years older than me.

Now, I get that the make up is of course partly for filming but in their Insta they are mostly all dolled up too. It is funny that most people look way younger when you see them without it. 

What I would like to know- how do they treat their skin? Especially with all the make up. They probably aren’t using any overly expensive products. Wish they would share it with their audiences.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2018 at 1:26 AM, jqlgoblue said:

I agree that Erin is an impressive pianist, especially given the training and musical choices she has had. However, to me she comes off as technically correct but without authentic feeling behind the music. Any feeling I've seen seems to just be "more and louder is better".

Yes this. My middle daughter is a music major and there is so much more to it than just playing- when to be louder, or more quiet, when to slow it down or speed it up. Erin is talented- how awesome would it have been if she could've gone on to get a degree in music. 

On 9/15/2018 at 4:23 AM, Illmarryyoujana said:

I’m sure the kids got to play plenty. Most pictures I see of families with small kids are them being distracted or in a resting face. In 20-30 years they’ll treasure how often they were photographed with their family. 

Yeah, I'm 32 and don't have a lot of pictures of me with my parents as a kid because digital/phone cameras were not a thing. I wish I had more pictures now, even if I was pulling an unamused face in them.

I’m guilty of hiding from the camera. I’m really trying to do better, I swear. It’s hard though. I take a million pics of my kids but rarely any of the kids and myself. A picture of my husband, myself, and our children is rare. 

On 9/17/2018 at 12:26 AM, jqlgoblue said:

I agree that Erin is an impressive pianist, especially given the training and musical choices she has had. However, to me she comes off as technically correct but without authentic feeling behind the music. Any feeling I've seen seems to just be "more and louder is better".

I think she's a great pianist too but it's her technical ability that throws me off. Both she and Jinger Vuolo I think have a lot of talent but the way they actually hit the keys seems really flat vs arching your hands up a little. 

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guilty of hiding from the camera. I’m really trying to do better, I swear. It’s hard though. I take a million pics of my kids but rarely any of the kids and myself. A picture of my husband, myself, and our children is rare. 

Please do.

My mother nearly died in February and I remember crying because I could barely find any pictures of her and I when she was in the hospital and we were not sure if she would make it. It sounds stupid but I had to go to work and wanted to take a picture with her in my purse as comfort. But I couldn't find much.

She took all the pictures when I was younger meaning there are plenty of me and my father. But they rarely switched over. And this was in the 80s/90s, before digital cameras obviously.

When we got older and digital cameras did become a thing, she would avoid the camera because of her appearance - she was self conscious about her weight or her wrinkles etc.

When she recovered and got out of hospital, I started gently forcing her to take a couple of pictures when we go out or on occasions like birthdays. I tell her they are not to upload on social media, I respect and understand if she doesn't want them posted (although lately, she has started to tell me "I like that one! Yes, you can upload that one" which is nice, because it means she is starting to feel more comfortable and less worried about her wrinkles.

But it wouldn't matter if she still preferred I didn't post them. I just want them for myself to have in the future when she is no longer here. I don't want to be in the position where she is not here anymore and I only have a few pictures with her.

Erin posted pictures of the evolution of her bedroom over the years. She seems a little embarrassed now that she first painted it completely pink. I’m also surprised they gave up a little square footage in their tiny home for a corner reclaimed wood wall. I would’ve used that space behind the bed for out of season storage. 

5C566FF8-6FC8-4C39-9E8D-3CD0F80616FC.jpeg

1 minute ago, TeaELSee said:

They seem to have a lot of leeway for a rental property.

I bet that wood wall is easily removed. She mostly does a lot of painting. Some Landlords are ok with painting. And Chad is talented. So the landlord probably knows he won’t mess things up.

I'm always really shocked by the level of renovation they do to rental properties.

Here you can't even paint or do things like hang pictures without approval from the landlord! (Usually the landlord paints before they rent out the property, as opposed to you asking permission.

It seems like a lot of effort for a property you may not be able to stay in forever.

I'm also going to guess based on how much work they've done the owner is a fundies friend of the Bates' or the Paine's that won't kick them out any time soon.

They are making improvements to the property, so the landlord doesn’t mind, apparently. It looks nicer than when they moved in. What is confusing to me though is why they haven’t bought a foreclosure and had Chad turn it into something Pinterest worthy on weekends. Zach and Whitney look to have gotten a ton of free labor and they could too. I can’t imagine having three mall children in one room - she must sleep train like a pro because here one kid would wake up the others. 

I get why the pink bedroom is a bit embarrassing to her now, but I totally get why she did it. After all of those years of sharing a room with several sisters, it was the first time she got to decorate her living space in the way she wanted without having to answer to anyone else. I'd probably have done something crazy too in her shoes.

But she has clearly improved as a decorator over the years, which is cool. It is always nice to see someone actually learning and improving a skill in this cult, and interior design is a valid skill.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Really? She has three small children and she's redone her bedroom 4 times in the last five years? Seems like a strange way to spend your time and energyn

I'm guessing she really enjoys interior design and revamping a living space. It is not something I would enjoy at all, but to each their own. I can think of worse ways to spend time (like being a grown ass adult abusing teenagers on Twitter for example....)

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

Really? She has three small children and she's redone her bedroom 4 times in the last five years? Seems like a strange way to spend your time and energyn

I have a toddler and spend my spare time playing computer games - everyone's got a hobby and they do nap. 

8 hours ago, Hisey said:

I know you probably didn't mean it that way but this sounds like if you have children you can't possibly have a hobby or *gasp* spend time on something other than your kids. 

The pink bedroom wouldn't have been my taste but geez, they had to live there. Also, if they got permission to decorate however the hell they like, then more power to them. My mantra is that I live in the here and now, so rental or no rental, I want my living space to feel like a home. I don't see why they shouldn't put energy into their rental if that is what makes them happy. 

Some days I am glad I am not a fundie and I do not have to lead a very public life, there is apparently nothing they can ever do right. EVERYTHING is up for criticism. So much BEC

I'm shocked that by this point they haven't bought a house that Chad is renovating for them.  Unless they think they're eventually going to get to buy that house from the landlord. Some sort of understanding. 

3 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

I have a toddler and spend my spare time playing computer games - everyone's got a hobby and they do nap. 

Hey, I stand by my comment.?? Firstly, there's a big difference between one toddler and THREE small children. Secondly, she repainted four times. Three times while having babies or small kids.

This meant she got paint swatches, picked a few she liked, tried out the samples, chose one, ordered the paint, brought it home, dragged out the bed, dresser, rugs, curtains, clocks, lamps, pillows, blankets mirrors, etc, put them somewhere in that tiny cottage, laid tarps, got ladders, put up painters tape, got all the stuff she needed (rollers, brushes, roller pan, rags, etc), painted the room while keeping the babies out of the paint, and set up a new sleeping area for her and Chad. Then she lived in that chaos for a day while it dried. After the paint was dry, she did any necessary touchup, pulled off the painters tape, removed the tarps and ladders, and replaced all the furniture (re-hung mirrors, curtains, dragged in mattresses, etc). 

She did this FOUR TIMES. Three of those times, she was either pregnant or had infants/small children. Not to mention, she also chose new duvet covers, curtains, etc. 

That's a bit different than playing video games while your toddler naps.

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I'm shocked that by this point they haven't bought a house that Chad is renovating for them.  Unless they think they're eventually going to get to buy that house from the landlord. Some sort of understanding. 

I hope they don't buy the house they're in! #4 will be on its way soon, and I think the Paines have said they would outgrow this home. I'm thinking they could just fit #4 as a new baby in their room...but then it must be time to leave, right??? Between Whitney and Chad, I bet they would have a new Pinterest-worthy house in no time. 

Don't they have a dog and two goats still too? 

On 9/20/2018 at 7:20 PM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Please do.

My mother nearly died in February and I remember crying because I could barely find any pictures of her and I when she was in the hospital and we were not sure if she would make it. It sounds stupid but I had to go to work and wanted to take a picture with her in my purse as comfort. But I couldn't find much.

She took all the pictures when I was younger meaning there are plenty of me and my father. But they rarely switched over. And this was in the 80s/90s, before digital cameras obviously.

When we got older and digital cameras did become a thing, she would avoid the camera because of her appearance - she was self conscious about her weight or her wrinkles etc.

When she recovered and got out of hospital, I started gently forcing her to take a couple of pictures when we go out or on occasions like birthdays. I tell her they are not to upload on social media, I respect and understand if she doesn't want them posted (although lately, she has started to tell me "I like that one! Yes, you can upload that one" which is nice, because it means she is starting to feel more comfortable and less worried about her wrinkles.

But it wouldn't matter if she still preferred I didn't post them. I just want them for myself to have in the future when she is no longer here. I don't want to be in the position where she is not here anymore and I only have a few pictures with her.

If you can convince her, you might want to video record her talking as well. I lost my Dad in May 2017 and realized afterwards that I have very little with his voice on it. I nearly lost the few voicemails I had from him when my phone died that July (I did manage to rescue him) and a few sparse comments on video I took when we were trying to fix a toilet and I was trying to record the back of the plumbing. Beyond that, I haven't found much (although I might have some in older, non-digital media). I regret not recording him more.

I now have a plugin for Skype that let me record some calls with my mother, but I didn't have it until after my Dad died. 

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

That's a bit different than playing video games while your toddler naps.

Sure. But I’ll bet you anything Chad actually did all ththe physical parts of this, so Erin had some trips to wherever she buys paint to choose some and a day in chaos. Her duvets etc are from Walmart, where I’m sure she goes with the kids. Yes, it’s a time-consuming hobby for sure,  but if you enjoy something you find the time to do it - and why not?

4 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

Sure. But I’ll bet you anything Chad actually did all ththe physical parts of this, so Erin had some trips to wherever she buys paint to choose some and a day in chaos. Her duvets etc are from Walmart, where I’m sure she goes with the kids. Yes, it’s a time-consuming hobby for sure,  but if you enjoy something you find the time to do it - and why not?

If Chad did it, then my feelings are the same. It would still take a lot of time. I just don't get making your life purposefully chaotic when you have little children. Once time I could see, but three/four times? Seems weird. I think Erin is bored.

I really don't think she picked out new curtains and duvets with a new infant, a one-year old and a three-year old. I just don't.

They do paint, rearrange furniture & update chachkies a lot. I hate painting so I can’t imagine doing all that so many times... especially in a place I didn’t even own. My husband would probably have a stroke if I asked him to paint our bedroom twice a year. Lol! I enjoy updating things around my house but not so frequently or drastically. I typically just buy a new rug or maybe a new piece of art. For thrills I change out my toss pillows... jk. I understand if it’s her hobby though. Us parents can have hobbies as well as children. 

Also, keep in mind Erin is perpetually nesting because she’s constantly pregnant... when I was pregnant I had the overwhelming urge /desire to get my entire house in order. Decorate the nursery, clean out every drawer, organize every closet, etc. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more of the same in the way of renovations if she keeps up the pregnancies. 

13 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Some days I am glad I am not a fundie and I do not have to lead a very public life, there is apparently nothing they can ever do right. EVERYTHING is up for criticism. So much BEC

I mean, I literally do not care about the topic of Erin redecorating her bedroom one way or the other, but the Paines do NOT have to lead a public life. They choose to do so. When you put your life out for public consumption, you're going to get comments on it. You're not gonna like all of them. That's life. If Erin didn't want people commenting on the fact that she completely redecorated her bedroom four times in five years, she didn't have to make an Instagram post about it. It's as simple as that.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived