IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 5: Still No Trial Update: He Plead Guilty

DaisyD

From the pictures I’ve seen, Ephraim comes from a large family. They all look like siblings. There were some prairie dresses worn. 

• Upvote 1

This picture was on the GFM page for the Burgreen family. I believe Ephraim is on the far right with the glasses. They all look like siblings to me. But I suppose looks could be deceiving. 

AA22BF62-32C3-4D56-8E12-29F460BB3CF1.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Jackie is constantly posting about some discount or yard sale find, and it's usually junk or bulk items that nobody would need. I think she has a bit of a hoarding issue for sure.

This. Looks like she's spent the last several weeks buying crap and playing painter with it. 

While sure, it could be a case of too many people and not enough space, it would be more believable as the "issue" if she didn't constantly buy crap, hang it on every inch of wall and stash it on every inch of space. The answer to too much stuff is usually pretty simple - don't keep buying crap, get rid of some of the crap hanging around, and see your floor or bathroom mirror once in a while. 

I know a large family needs large amounts of stuff - fine, get rid of the overbearing "decorations" on every surface. 

I think it's a hoarding issue with Jacquie too. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think poverty might be one reason why some people keep so much stuff. The person or a friend/relative might need  some stuff and when they need it they might not have the money to buy something. I do think that there are significant psychologic components that play a role in Jackie's need for "stuff" but I wonder if finances are not also a factor. Katie and Alan seemed to live in a financially precarious state and I suspect that Jackie does too.

• I Agree 6

On 5/18/2019 at 4:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. One of the many reasons why you shouldn’t have 12 kids. Because most homes can not accommodate that many people and their stuff. Although nowadays that house has only what? 5 kids and two parents? 

However by just looking at the house, there is a ton of shit they can get rid of. But I think Jackie is a pack rat. 

I feel really uncomfortable after looking at the pictures of their house. ALL. THAT. CRAP. It would drive me nuts!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, browngrl said:

I think poverty might be one reason why some people keep so much stuff. The person or a friend/relative might need  some stuff and when they need it they might not have the money to buy something. I do think that there are significant psychologic components that play a role in Jackie's need for "stuff" but I wonder if finances are not also a factor. Katie and Alan seemed to live in a financially precarious state and I suspect that Jackie does too.

You may be right because of the eleventy million kids, but isn't the loathsome Cap'n actually an air traffic controller? If they are living in a financially precarious state with that level of income, it is due to their own poor choices.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, VVV said:

You may be right because of the eleventy million kids, but isn't the loathsome Cap'n actually an air traffic controller? If they are living in a financially precarious state with that level of income, it is due to their own poor choices.

Those poor financial choices are likely paying for lawyers for their shitty son. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those poor financial choices are likely paying for lawyers for their shitty son. 

I had completely forgotten about that but I am sure you're correct.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That, and their spending habits. Last fall, Jacquie went to New York then right into a cruise- Mady was in NY with her & older boys on cruise; Sitara & younger boys were left out. Anyway. They go in probably a cruise a year with various kid combinations. Jacqui buys shit on the daily, and although she claims ‘deals’, when you take advantage of ten ‘deals’ a day, you accumulate a lot of shit. In the past,  before the shit slapped them, they were packing up and ‘visiting’ almost weekly. Food. gas, etc. costs lots of money. Remember back in the day when all the Smiths and all the Mortons would go cave exploring? Of to VF events?  

They were supporting Alan & his quiver the whole time; dude never had an actual job after getting married. That had to cost a few pennies they could have saved had they raised their son to be a responsible human being rather than a godly prince.

Over the years the source of expenses have changed, but they have never struck me as a family of savers. They had 2 houses just before Alan was exposed. They were ‘fixing it up’ themselves & Jacquie definitely went crazy in the junk decorating scheme, snatching up her ‘deals’ left & right.

They’re just wasteful & I doubt, from what the public sees, they are skilled at money management.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They were supporting Alan & his quiver the whole time; dude never had an actual job after getting married.

I wonder what happened after he went to jail. Do the Smiths still send Katie money? I suppose that with no income and no assets to his name, Alan can't be ordered to pay anything from prison...

• Upvote 6

On 5/22/2019 at 6:53 AM, usedbicycle said:

I wonder what happened after he went to jail. Do the Smiths still send Katie money? I suppose that with no income and no assets to his name, Alan can't be ordered to pay anything from prison...

Very, very doubtful considering the Smith parents are still defending Bret.

Also: Public defenders are a thing. Spending money on his lawyers also falls into the "wasting money" category.

And yeah: I rather tax dollars be spent on it than putting money in the coffers of whatever religious nutter of a lawyer they would get to defend their incestuous child rapist of a son.

• Upvote 2

On 5/22/2019 at 7:53 AM, usedbicycle said:

In some states child support accrues while the responsible party is jailed, so he could have a hefty amount to work off when he gets out.  The state will be able to garnish his wages to put towards the CS debt.  

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

How many of the Smith kids are still living with the Captain and Jacqui?  Do they ever reference the adopted kids that have flown the nest (escaped? kicked out?)?  I am so intrigued about what happened, and I hope all the kids are supported, and don't feel abandoned.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Lurky said:

How many of the Smith kids are still living with the Captain and Jacqui?  Do they ever reference the adopted kids that have flown the nest (escaped? kicked out?)?  I am so intrigued about what happened, and I hope all the kids are supported, and don't feel abandoned.

I’m not completely positive but I think Wally, Madara, and Arman are the ones who don’t live there anymore. The five youngest are still there I believe. 4 boys and a girl. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Poor Yerick has really gone through the wringer with regards to these surgeries he needs. According to Jacqueline's Facebook post from yesterday, he has two or three more years of surgeries on his jaw left. I was happy to see he graduated high school. 

FB_IMG_1560463610670.jpg

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

Annndd, child number three is being given to someone else to educate. Madisen is now at Challenge Academy. A different location than Yerik & the other...Joshua?....but YCA none the less. 

For the kid, good. Getting out of that house can only be a good thing. For the lazy Smiths....who's next? Where are they going to send Sitara? 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Annndd, child number three is being given to someone else to educate. Madisen is now at Challenge Academy. A different location than Yerik & the other...Joshua?....but YCA none the less. 

For the kid, good. Getting out of that house can only be a good thing. For the lazy Smiths....who's next? Where are they going to send Sitara? 

I believe Sitara goes to a public high school. She is probably going to stay there if she’s being obedient at home and doing all of her chores.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe Sitara goes to a public high school. She is probably going to stay there if she’s being obedient at home and doing all of her chores.

True. Sitara does the work in the house so Jacqueline can thrift shop and play with paint. It wouldn't be self-beneficial to send her away.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

Long time since an update? Anything interesting?

how strong is your stomach?

Screenshot_20200124-151922~2.png

Screenshot_20200124-151955~2.png

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 6

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let’s hope Alan is just delusional and hasn’t struck up a pen pal romance while in prison.

I think it's to his ex wife

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

SICK SICK SICK

I hope Cap'n and Jackie never ever get to see those children again. 

fuckers. 

• Upvote 7