IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 5: Still No Trial Update: He Plead Guilty

DaisyD

On 3/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Lurky said:

have the Smith parents responded to this, or are they hoping no one noticed?

Definitely not responding to it. The last Facebook post from Bret was almost a month ago. Jackie does some vaguebooking with Bible passages. But other than that she just talks about the weather, sewing, their health, Etc... They've gone totally silent on the Alan front. Before they used to take pictures in front of the jail when they would visit, talk about their prison ministry and post his letters online (Alan was writing sermons when he was in the county jail). 

• Thank You 7

5 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

They've gone totally silent on the Alan front. Before they used to take pictures in front of the jail when they would visit, talk about their prison ministry and post his letters online (Alan was writing sermons when he was in the county jail). 

I wonder if this means they've abandoned him, or are just keeping quiet about visiting him?

I've never believed that someone who commits such awful crimes should be abandoned, if their families/friends want to keep in touch, as long as the loved ones are clear-eyed about what they did, and work with them on rehabilitation.  After all, if I were his parents, and still bringing up kids, I'd want to be sure I hadn't contributed to his crimes, and wasn't repeating patterns.  BUT it would have to be done sensitively, and putting the needs and feelings of the victims first - which the Smiths were definitely not doing.  And I 100% support anyone who finds out a friend/family committed something similar to cut ties.

But either the Smiths have given up on him, which would be incredibly hypocritical, even for them, given all the BS they've been spewing for years about how he shouldn't even be in prison, only Jesus/God can judge etc; OR they're still visiting and keeping it quiet, and if that's the case, I'd bet money it's not to protect other people, but because they know it looks bad.

The only thing they could do that was right, at this point, is to admit they were wrong to prioritise Alan over the victims, to defend his innocence, support his court case, call for him to be released, and to berate other family members for not supporting him.  They should humble themselves and admit they were wrong - with no expectations that their daughters will forgive them, or to get access to the grandkids, but because it's the right thing to do.

If the worst happens, and Brett doesn't come home from hospital, I wonder what will happen to those poor kids at home.  Does the oldest son still at home become the headship?  Can they afford to keep living together?  I hope all the remaining kids at home, but especially Sitara and Madara, have some choices, and the ones through school have people who will look out for them and care for them.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

The latest is he's already home with a bunch of drugs and a bad cough.

Thanks for the doctors but their best physician is God Almighty. (who allowed him to get this disease)

Ugh. why do they even go to the ER when they're sick and not to church?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

In my less magnanimous moods, I believe that those like Bret Smith who rail against comprehensive science education should be denied any medical treatment based on said scientific advancements.  What's that -- you don't believe in evolution?  No cancer treatment for you, since it's based on modern cell theory!  Might have broken a bone and don't believe in women getting higher education? No X-rays for you, because Marie Curie was the mother of the world of radiography!  Don't wanna pay taxes?  No medicine whatsoever for you, because tax money funds the research that establishes safe dosages! 

Leeches and mysticism for everyone!

Ultimately, I talk myself off this cliff and go back to gratitude that scientific advancements improve even the lives of those who picket against it -- how's that for grace? 

• Upvote 24
  • Love 12

I wonder if Katie will legally change the kids’ names to Morton. I sort of hope she does. 

• I Agree 5

I don't think they've given up on Alan. They've just run out of public "poor Alan, we Smiths are perfect in our god's eyes" blathering because, well, convicted at trial and all that. And he's no longer serving a slap on the wrist kind of sentence with the plan of getting out and moving on as if nothing ever happened and all those who aren't in love with him are evil non Christians who their god will punish.....exhausting run on senetnce, but that's actually exactly how I see the Smiths - exhasting, run on, never ending, no pause, no breaks, no awareness. Anyway, when Alan was officially "only" serving a few years he could wax poetic about his god and his victimization and how evil people are keeping him from being a father and whatever else his rambling letters were about. (You could tell the intended audience was his father; no person who uses their brain could make sense of his prison dramatics). They could all pretend that in a few years he'd be out and become the perfect father/godly man and they'd hold grudges over those who didn't fall at any Smith feet. 

Now, he's in for a long, long time. There is no pretending, not even to themselves. He won't be out, playing the perfectly godly man who is persecuted, in the forseeable future. Basically, he's been put away to pay the price for his crimes, tried, convicted and suffering the consequences. Something the elder Smiths sincerely didn't believe would ever happen because Jesus. 

They have nothing to say because there is no way to spin it. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

So, according to the good Cap'n himself, he's a federal employee. Does anyone know what he does while swilling at the evil government trough?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

So, according to the good Cap'n himself, he's a federal employee. Does anyone know what he does while swilling at the evil government trough?

He's an air traffic controller, if I recall correctly.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 2

The irony of Frank Campana and Brett Smith who think that all government is an overreach and wrong being able to be single income families..... because of the government job. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, lexiloumarie said:

The irony of Frank Campana and Brett Smith who think that all government is an overreach and wrong being able to be single income families..... because of the government job. 

Fundies are typically some of the most hypocritical people I’ve ever come across. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 3/2/2019 at 7:43 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm throwing this out -- not wishing anything bad on anyone but ...

Everyone knows pedos/ child abusers as considered scum by all other inmates and not usually treated well by them.

And -- Alan is a young fairly good looking guy who will be locked up for a long time with other men who will be locked up for a long time ....... make of that what you will.

You know this is a myth, right?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You know this is a myth, right?

Yeah, that painful thought is a myth. I get more than a little bit bothered by the way it's tossed around. 

Fortunately, I've never done time so I don't know what it's like in prison. 

But, I do know that it is not immune from general societal types of reactions because prisoner or not, human beings are human beings with thoughts, emotions, fears, anxieties, frustrations. And, justifiably in prison or not, that's got to be a hell of place to be and it probably plays major tricks on your mind and thoughts and sense of reality. 

That's my theory, anyway. And, based on that theory, Mr. Bret Alan Smith II should probably watch his mouth and check his ego at the guard shack. He pulls out his arrogance in prison company, he may end up with an ass whoopin or five. I don't hope it - as much as I sometimes "go there" in my thoughts, I try really hard to be more humane and banish the thoughts I find distasteful. But, I don't doubt that someone will knock his freaking block off if he pulls his sense of self out at the wrong time and in the wrong place. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7

On 3/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, Pianokeeper said:

I believe that those  who rail against comprehensive science education should be denied any medical treatment based on said scientific advancements.  What's that -- you don't believe in evolution?  No cancer treatment for you, since it's based on modern cell theory!  Might have broken a bone and don't believe in women getting higher education? No X-rays for you, because Marie Curie was the mother of the world of radiography!  Don't wanna pay taxes?  No medicine whatsoever for you, because tax money funds the research that establishes safe dosages! 

Leeches and mysticism for everyone!

I wish I could somehow post this on FB and give you the credit.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I wish I could somehow post this on FB and give you the credit.

I'd be a lot more inclined to say that I don't mind if it weren't redacted like the snipped quote. 

Science IS ultimately for everyone, and we all benefit from its advancements, whether or not we "deserve" them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

Science IS ultimately for everyone, and we all benefit from its advancements, whether or not we "deserve" them. 

I agree. I just wonder of people know that things they choose to use are based on scientific evidence/theories they vehement deny. My hlguess is no because most of them haven't had a proper education.

• Upvote 2

Does Cap'n Bret drive a car?  Internal combustion engine = Science!!  Is Cap'n Bret an air traffic controller?  Airplanes and the physics of flight = Science!!  Does Cap'n Bret have electricity in his house?  Alternating current = Science!!

Is Cap'n Bret a smug hypocrite?  Truth!!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2019 at 2:12 AM, Lurky said:

If the worst happens, and Brett doesn't come home from hospital, I wonder what will happen to those poor kids at home.  Does the oldest son still at home become the headship?  Can they afford to keep living together?  I hope all the remaining kids at home, but especially Sitara and Madara, have some choices, and the ones through school have people who will look out for them and care for them.

Madara no longer lives at home it seems. She lives with an old family friend now(not sure if she still has interactions with her family or not).

Edited by Pamhalpert
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, Pamhalpert said:

Madara no longer lives at home it seems. She lives with an old family friend now(not sure if she still has interactions with her family or not).

I went to her FB page and just last week she changed her profile pic to one of herself with her mom, so I'd guess they're probably still close.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:17 PM, lexiloumarie said:

Don't forget David Seppi! Oh, they always have a way to spin it: David was a valiant warrior for God's truth in a filthy den of Marxist/humanist brainwashing. The kids were so lucky to have this one ray of light in the darkness! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Alan will be incarcerated for what, 30-40 years right?

I'm not saying this with anything other than curiosity, but I do wonder if he is even remotely tough enough to survive that long. Physically or mentally.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I don't suppose we will ever hear the truth from this lot but I always wonder what does Dad Morton thinks of all this? It is pretty clear that he and the Smith headship arranged the marriage of Katie and Alan and IMO he had to push Katie to accept the marriage. Does he feel any remorse? Has he apologized for his role in this mess? Did no one suspect anything? Were there no warning signs? At least the legal system has judged Alan but it doesn't feel like enough because I suspect that the Morton patriarch has doubled down in believing he was right and I am not even sure that any of them would portion out any blame to themselves for their role. This is all just introspective musing on my part but I do wish I could understand what went on. I don't think the Mortons will ever answer this question and maybe it is for the best if they don't (so that the kids can heal in peace). I wonder if there is a book or novel that explores this dynamic that might give me some insight. If anyone has some ideas for reading I could do I'd appreciate it. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

@browngrl - my thoughts exactly on Daddy Morton.

AFAIK, there's never been any public acknowledgement of his culpability in this disaster, by him or anyone else in that family. Of course, all of the asshat courtship videos, in which he boasts about his amazing patriarchal abilities to select spouses for his daughters, have long since been 86ed off the intertubez, so you'd never know about his role in this debacle unless you knew. 

While Daddy Morton bears significant responsibility, the open question, IMO, is what Cap'n Bret & Jackie also knew about Alan and when they knew it. Full-blown criminal behavior like Alan's usually doesn't come out of nowhere. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

@browngrl - my thoughts exactly on Daddy Morton.

AFAIK, there's never been any public acknowledgement of his culpability in this disaster, by him or anyone else in that family. Of course, all of the asshat courtship videos, in which he boasts about his amazing patriarchal abilities to select spouses for his daughters, have long since been 86ed off the intertubez, so you'd never know about his role in this debacle unless you knew. 

While Daddy Morton bears significant responsibility, the open question, IMO, is what Cap'n Bret & Jackie also knew about Alan and when they knew it. Full-blown criminal behavior like Alan's usually doesn't come out of nowhere. 

And he had younger sisters growing up. (NOT speculating here, I promise) But those girls had no chance at all, did they? 

• Upvote 1

Now that Alan is safely behind bars, the Mortons have pivoted neatly back to their original viewpoints. But now it's all framed as "look, ladies, there are still some good men out there, and you should reward them for not being child molesters by submitting to their every whim."

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Now that Alan is safely behind bars, the Mortons have pivoted neatly back to their original viewpoints. But now it's all framed as "look, ladies, there are still some good men out there, and you should reward them for not being child molesters by submitting to their every whim."

#hero #goodmen #goguys #manhood #goodguys #theystillexist 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4