IGNORED

Baby Kyle Maxwell Is Here

singsingsing

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

80s babies are now middle aged?! Excuse me while I go sob quietly in a corner... :pb_lol:

Well, it's my own crooked viewfinder I guess, I'm a '78 baby and I consider myself old already...  *aches* *creaks* 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m pushing 50 so i’ve technically been middle aged for a decade, but I still consider anyone born after 1979 to be a young adult. 

In my college years, I knew two guys and one girl named Kyle, all born c. 1970; my nephew has a friend named Kyle who is currently 19.  

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I'm a '78 baby and I consider myself old already...  *aches* *creaks* 

I'm a '78 baby, too, and I very much know what you mean: every morning when I get out of bed, my knees and lower back remind me they are still there!

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Well, it's my own crooked viewfinder I guess, I'm a '78 baby and I consider myself old already...  *aches* *creaks* 

Shush! Shush right now! My *daughter* was born in ‘78!

3 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I checked Baby Name Voyager, and Kyle was super popular in the 80s and 90s (which I'm not judging, my 2nd grader has a name you almost see exclusively given to 80s babies, now middle-aged).  If they wanted to be trendier, they could have gone with Kyler, which seems to be gaining popularity.  

So odd the way one letter can change a name and it'll be popular, but others don't work.  Tyler, Skyler, Kyler, but no Fyler, Gyler, or Byler.  (I guess it's not that odd.  Fyler is making me giggle.)

Middle aged? Are you crazy? I was born in '89 and i'm NOT middle age, not even close.

26 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Middle aged? Are you crazy? I was born in '89 and i'm NOT middle age, not even close.

Nope, too bad. We're middle aged now. Don't try to fight against it. I'm turning 30 in a month, so I'll let you know then what it feels like to be truly over the hill. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, catlady said:

I’m pushing 50 so i’ve technically been middle aged for a decade, but I still consider anyone born after 1979 to be a young adult. 

In my college years, I knew two guys and one girl named Kyle, all born c. 1970; my nephew has a friend named Kyle who is currently 19.  

What about the name Micah?  Until a few years ago, I only knew it as a girl's name (knew a couple in college) ; except for the prophet Micah in the Bible. Then, BAM! All these baby boys are being named Micah. 

My daughter and son-in-law each had an attendant named Micah in their wedding. We started calling them Girl Micah and Boy Micah. 

"Micah is arriving on Wednesday."  "Wait. Girl Micah or Boy Micah?"  

Sounds very Steve Maxwellian, doesn't it? 

Now I feel bad. 

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

80s babies are now middle aged?! Excuse me while I go sob quietly in a corner... :pb_lol:

Let me go inform Wychling that she's "middle-aged."  30 years, 8 months to be exact--this is gonna be fun!

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Nope, too bad. We're middle aged now. Don't try to fight against it. I'm turning 30 in a month, so I'll let you know then what it feels like to be truly over the hill. :pb_lol:

No wonder I want to buy a motorcycle.. It's the midlife crisis! :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Hane said:

Shush! Shush right now! My *daughter* was born in ‘78!

IKR?

I'll see their 1978 and raise them a couple of decades!  Damn whippersnappers!

30 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

No wonder I want to buy a motorcycle.. It's the midlife crisis! :pb_lol:

Just remember to get the helmet too!

15 minutes ago, kpmom said:

IKR?

I'll see their 1978 and raise them a couple of decades!  Damn whippersnappers!

Yep, try 1955. And I still think that's a mistake - I can't be that old!

I'm turning 35 this year. I consider myself "kinda" middle aged because I sometimes forget whether I'm 33 or 34. I also have backaches and other bodily pains, but I have some medical stuff that makes that sort of thing worse than for the average person.

I have friends named Kyle that were born in the 80s. "Ky" is still popular as a prefix to other names. Kyler, Kylee, Kyla, Kylan, Kyra, or sometimes just Ky. But Kyle seems to have gone down in popularity since I was a kid.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm always amused when people speculate that it would take time for no touch courtship people to have sex after marriage. I'm guessing about an hour. They've been brought up to court, brought up to submit, brought up to birth an army for God. People, past generations often had little contact, too, but they got with it on the wedding night. lol

I think it depends a lot on whether the man has a clue about basic female anatomy, specifically what goes where; and if he does, how sensitive (or not) he is to the feelings of his bride.

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

What about the name Micah?  Until a few years ago, I only knew it as a girl's name (knew a couple in college) ; except for the prophet Micah in the Bible. Then, BAM! All these baby boys are being named Micah. 

My daughter and son-in-law each had an attendant named Micah in their wedding. We started calling them Girl Micah and Boy Micah. 

"Micah is arriving on Wednesday."  "Wait. Girl Micah or Boy Micah?"  

Sounds very Steve Maxwellian, doesn't it? 

Now I feel bad. 

that's so interesting!  i've never known about any girls/women names Micah; i've met only 2 or 3, and all have been boys.  

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'll grab the booze and join you shortly.

The absolute first thing I think of when I hear the name Kyle is Cartman’s epic song, “Kyle’s Mom’s a Bitch.”

I’ll see myself out now.

Middle age starts at 50. I just want all you young ones to know that. Wanna know when the bones creak and the shoulder snaps and the ankles start to swell? I was born in 1953. 65 in 2.7 months. There are days I think I'm still young and then an ache starts and I know I'm not.

I have a Joshua (30) and a Rachel (29) and there were lots of kids with those names in their classes. 

On 3/7/2018 at 10:03 AM, singsingsing said:

30 is middle-aged only if you're planning on dying at 60.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:53 AM, singsingsing said:

Ha ha, this caught me off guard, too - though having just turned 46, it's not exactly a new concept to me. I just forget sometimes.

(And sometimes I lose whole decades when doing age math, like trying to figure out how long ago I met a particular friend...)

53 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Ha ha, this caught me off guard, too - though having just turned 46, it's not exactly a new concept to me. I just forget sometimes.

(And sometimes I lose whole decades when doing age math, like trying to figure out how long ago I met a particular friend...)

Speaking of age math...does anybody here actually forget their own age, like, ALWAYS? 

My husband and his family can NEVER say how old they are!  If a birthday is coming up and you say "Oh how old will you be," they answer with "I don't know...I was born in 1956. What does that make me?". At first I thought it was just his mother, but then I heard my husband and his sisters do it. Is this odd?  

And, no, they are not just being evasive. That family has no boundaries when it comes to questions (well, my husband does NOW) so asking one's age is no big deal. 

On a Barnard Hughes sitcom years ago—

1st man:  We’re not old—we’re middle-aged!

2nd man:  We’re 65.  Do you expect us to live till 130?

(especially apropos now that I’m 65)

3 hours ago, Hane said:

On a Barnard Hughes sitcom years ago—

1st man:  We’re not old—we’re middle-aged!

2nd man:  We’re 65.  Do you expect us to live till 130?

(especially apropos now that I’m 65)

I'm 64 and feel like I'm mentally about 17.  Physically, about 82. 

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

I'm 64 and feel like I'm mentally about 17.  Physically, about 82. 

Mom, is that you?

Archived