IGNORED

Baby Kyle Maxwell Is Here

singsingsing

33 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It just goes to show you how repressed and sad the Maxwell family is when naming a child Kyle is considered a rebellious act. 

Except that it probably isn’t. We don’t know that it is, at any rate. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! He came on the day I put in my spreadsheet as a placeholder for his birthday! 

I'm with everyone else, the name is out of left field for Maxhell, but good for Joseph and Elissa thinking outside the box. 

Also, glad they had a boy. Hope they are all boys from here on out. 

2 hours ago, adidas said:

Silly question - how is Calia pronounced? Emphasis on the first or second syllable? 

"Cal-ee-a"

I love the name Kyle.

I think Joe has became less smug (or at least hides it better) since his wedding. Also I like he's keeping his life private.

Let's hope they are not only different about names, but also about family size.

I see Chelsy choosing classical names, maybe with shpeshial spellinggg.  Definitely, Chelsy will have a lot of barefoot kids.

I wasn't expecting something as neutral as "Kyle", but it's a perfectly nice name. Both of Elissa's kiddos seem to be named in accordance with her preferences, since it seems unlikely that Joe would have mustered the imagination to name a child anything other than a biblical reference. That (and the measure of control that this particular sub-Maxwell family group exerts over their blog exposure) would suggest that Elissa and Joseph are carving out a life that is at least somewhat of their own choosing. 

The string of qualifiers on that last sentence still makes me sad, though.

I'm going to cast my not-so-bold prediction that we will get three fresh confirmed pregnancies in Maxhell this year, and one birth. Pregnancies: Chelsy (within the next month or so), Anna-Marie (by the end of the year), and Melanie (late Summer/early Fall). I think Chelsy will squeeze the birth of her first baby in before her wedding anniversary. 

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I wasn't expecting something as neutral as "Kyle", but it's a perfectly nice name. Both of Elissa's kiddos seem to be named in accordance with her preferences, since it seems unlikely that Joe would have mustered the imagination to name a child anything other than a biblical reference. That (and the measure of control that this particular sub-Maxwell family group exerts over their blog exposure) would suggest that Elissa and Joseph are carving out a life that is at least somewhat of their own choosing. 

The string of qualifiers on that last sentence still makes me sad, though.

I'm going to cast my not-so-bold prediction that we will get three fresh confirmed pregnancies in Maxhell this year, and one birth. Pregnancies: Chelsy (within the next month or so), Anna-Marie (by the end of the year), and Melanie (late Summer/early Fall). I think Chelsy will squeeze the birth of her first baby in before her wedding anniversary. 

Chelsy and NR-Anna for sure but I don't think Melanie will get pregnant this year, Benjamin just turned one... Correct me if i'm wrong but the spacing between Drew and Benji is longer I think. Melanie is also in her 40's, hopefully she won't get pregnant anymore.

29 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Chelsy and NR-Anna for sure but I don't think Melanie will get pregnant this year, Benjamin just turned one... Correct me if i'm wrong but the spacing between Drew and Benji is longer I think. Melanie is also in her 40's, hopefully she won't get pregnant anymore.

I troll the Maxwells looking for ofchris next pregnancy

9 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Elissa is a rebel, I bet Steve is not happy about that name lol

Steve is probably doubly unhappy that Smug Joe is going along with it. 

I am a bit surprised by the name. In a good way. I'm so tired of the predictable Maxwell names. Boooooorrring. 

I think Melanie is done having kids. 

I think Chelsy is probably already pregnant. JnE live fairly close to JnC if I remember correctly. But they have been out of town a lot since the wedding. But maybe they will stick around more andhang out with JnE now that the new baby is here. 

Chelsy's family named their children non biblical names and they named them after famous people. We shall see if Chelsy follows. I doubt Chelsy will go Maxwell boring with baby names. Although I do see her naming a son after John in some way. Maybe John Jr or John as a middle name. 

10 hours ago, adidas said:

Silly question - how is Calia pronounced? Emphasis on the first or second syllable? 

I assumed Kah-lee-uh. On the second syllable so it's less like Dahlia more like Malia (Obama).

When people were asking when Calia was born, Sarah replied that the emphasis was on the first syllable.

Can we talk about how Elissa does NOT look like she just gave birth the night before in those photos - her hair and makeup look perfect, she doesn't look tired or swollen. It's like Kate Middleton levels of post-partum perfect. I'm 16 months post-partum and still look like a mess!

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Can we talk about how Elissa does NOT look like she just gave birth the night before in those photos - her hair and makeup look perfect, she doesn't look tired or swollen. It's like Kate Middleton levels of post-partum perfect. I'm 16 months post-partum and still look like a mess!

I agree.  As nice as NR Anna looks, she looks like she gave birth recently.  Elissa looks like she just had a spa day and a hair appointment. 

Holy crap, Elissa looks fantastic.  I had 7 hours of sleep and I'm jealous she looks so good after giving birth.  

I'm glad they are keeping their privacy and even if they stray a milimeter from Steve's control that's already a great thing

1 hour ago, Fun-Dee said:

I agree.  As nice as NR Anna looks, she looks like she gave birth recently.  Elissa looks like she just had a spa day and a hair appointment. 

I also think Elissa looks amazing. I just hope it was her choice to do her hair and makeup, pose on the couch and have her picture taken the day after giving birth. I always worry the headship is saying "Okay. It's been sixteen hours. You need to get up and be ready for photos."  Pure speculation of course.  

At least with Married Anna, she's allowed to stay in her bed and look more "real" yet still radiant for the first photo sessions. 

I'm with the others that doubts Melanie will have anymore. If she does, just one more, but she's in her early 40s and pregnancy has been hard on her. I kinda hope, for her sake, Benjamin was the last one. 

I could see NR Anna having another sometime in mid to late 2019 and likely Chelsy having one in early to mid 2019. NR Anna seems to be one who will have a large number of children. Joshua will be 6 in June so that's 5 children aged 5 and under. She's only in her early 30s so roughly a decade of fertility left. 

I just hope that the Maxwell granddaughters won't be forever at home like Sarah, Anna and Mary and maybe do something with their lives. Sure, Anna and Mary could get married still, but I just don't hold much hope. I'm putting a 90% bet on Jesse, currently age 23, being married next. Nathan and Melanie don't rock the boat much, but I always felt they appreciated their daughters more than Steve appreciates his. Perhaps because they did struggle so much to have even one healthy baby. I just have a little more hope for them to find a life of their own. Not necessarily far away, but to actually maybe get married and leave the home. Likely just down the road, but still, who cares as long as it's not forever forced spinsterhood. I'm not sure yet about Chris's daughters though. I hold out more hope for Calia and any future daughters of Joe and Elissa in truth. They seem more app to buck at the seems a bit in general. 

I think Melanie might have one more, but I wouldn't be surprised if she were done. NR Anna I think will be pregnant again before the end of the year. Chelsy is probably already pregnant. 

I agree that Jesse will be the next to marry. I'm not sure about the girls. I don't see why men wouldn't be interested in them (including Sarah, there are single fundie men around her age who I'm sure would think she was a great catch), but it's probably intimidating for them to even consider approaching Steve. Why go through that hassle when they can just pick another girl with a more approachable father?

I often think about how weird it's going to be when the grandchildren start growing up and courting. It seems so far away now, but I started following fundies back around '08, so it's been about ten years. Ten years from now, Abigail could easily be courting (though I'm hoping she'll be away at university halfway across the country or something instead).

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Why go through that hassle when they can just pick another girl with a more approachable father?

People tend to look at families before getting serious with someone and Steve has made it impossible for any man to pass his standards or where even fundies would want to deal with him. In their world it’s easier for women to marry into families like this, for men it’s totally different. I’m sure the girls have had guys interested and Steve said no before the girls possibly even knew. It’s very sad. 

I wonder if they they will continue with the k-sound names for future children? Kevin, Keith, Carson, Cordelia, Katherine, Kayla etc. 

15 hours ago, jakesykora said:

The verse mentioned above is a good guess.

"Channels Only" is well known to be sentimental to Elissa and Joseph also...

https://blog.titus2.com/2015/02/14/channels-only-live-on-the-mountain/

They also sang it at their wedding, didn't they?

And then at least one Maxwell dog/pony show thing or some service of some sort I think too.

I looked up "Channels Only" and the hymn was written by a certain Mary Maxwell circa 1900! 

I'm surprised that Sarah has no clue why they chose that name. To me, that indicates pretty limited communication. Asking about the name is probably the third question you ask new parents after baby/mama's health and the baby's weight, especially if it's a close family member. 

8 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I hope that Melanie is done, for her whole family's sake.  They have 5 beautiful healthy children, no need to get greedy.

17 hours ago, SPHASH said:

DSC_5904.jpg.48d6cae89d831eb921fbb6f31d342930.jpgI hate this caption-Joseph and his first born son.  I fucking HATE it!

Is Joe pregnant?

17 hours ago, SPHASH said:

DSC_5904.jpg.48d6cae89d831eb921fbb6f31d342930.jpgI hate this caption-Joseph and his first born son.  I fucking HATE it!

I just read this in my RSS reader and came over to say what a sexist caption but Free Jinger always beats me to it! Love the name Kyle (actually I've liked all the names of the fundy babies born in 2018... shocking!) but seriously, Sarah,  quit it.

Archived