IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

13 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Her book isn't that long is it?

it's not that long plus it is it is in a larger font than the typical novel.

13 hours ago, KatBonD said:

I've been reading Lori's book to write up reviews. Believe me, if you read either or her two blogs, you're not missing anything. It's basically a rewrite - she shares old blog posts and comments by readers.

I can't wait for your review on amazon! I read it close when it was released and I reviewed it on good reads and amazon :) I also go back to Amazon frequently to read the new reviews. As of yesterday the stars were 2.5 :D

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Lori won't fit in in the south.

She won't fit in the Midwest either. We don't say "bless your heart" we tell you to go away with sometimes polite language, sometimes not, depends on who you get :)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I must have missed it. What is Lori's take on drinking?

Pretty much her same MO about everything.  It's OK for her but not anyone else.

Until Ken decides she drinks too much and then alcohol is Satanic unless you can sneak it in on the side and hide it in a cupboard in the kitchen behind a lot of shit.  

2 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Lori posted her pumpkin pie recipe. 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, ****3/4**** cup honey. WTF? Why do you need almost a cup of honey?!

Because Lori feels a need to spend $50 to make a pie so she can measure how much healthier she is than the rest of us ebil women who work and don't have time to make things from scratch "the nourishing way".

My pumpkin pie recipe comes directly from the back of the Libby pumpkin can. Sugar and all. And it makes the best pumpkin pie ever, no honey required.

13 minutes ago, Loveday said:

My pumpkin pie recipe comes directly from the back of the Libby pumpkin can. Sugar and all. And it makes the best pumpkin pie ever, no honey required.

I prefer the taste of honey to sugar in most baked goods, but nothing requires 3/4 cup. Ever.

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

Mine too! Do you use the sweetened condensed milk? (I do, so then I can say it's "no sugar added"). Because holidays are about eating healthy and not more than your portion.

13 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I use the can recipe, with Splenda because my husband is diabetic, and he says it's great.  The only secret that I've found that (according to my kids and other family members) makes the difference between good and great is to increase the spices, whether making it with Splenda for my husband, or sugar for everyone else.  I wouldn't know really, I don't like pumpkin pie!  

A neat trick is to dump the pumpkin and spices into a pan and heat on the stove for a bit before mixing it with the rest of your ingredients. I find it takes away the 'tinny' taste and brings out the spices' flavors.

#notJuliaChildbutbetterthanLori

Just now, jerkit said:

I prefer the taste of honey to sugar in most baked goods, but nothing requires 3/4 cup. Ever.

I can't even imagine what the consistency would be with all that honey! 

And of course it's organic, raw, and required a one-hour trip through all the fire-damaged areas of southern California (Lori won't notice that, of course. It didn't happen to her, so it's not important) to a bee farm which tucks its bees into their skeps every night under eiderdown quilts and then charges an average week's grocery budget for an eight ounce jar... :pb_rollseyes:

4 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Mine too! Do you use the sweetened condensed milk? (I do, so then I can say it's "no sugar added"). Because holidays are about eating healthy and not more than your portion.

:pb_lol:  Yeah, I ate SO healthy this past holiday season. Not.

I use evaporated milk, not sweetened condensed. Can you eliminate all the sugar if you use the sweetened? I may have to try that!

5 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I use the can recipe, with Splenda because my husband is diabetic, and he says it's great.  The only secret that I've found that (according to my kids and other family members) makes the difference between good and great is to increase the spices, whether making it with Splenda for my husband, or sugar for everyone else.  I wouldn't know really, I don't like pumpkin pie!  

I sometimes make it with Splenda, too, as I'm diabetic and should not be eating anything with much sugar in it (not that it stops me, I'm ashamed to say!. :pb_confused:). It's really good, almost as good as with sugar. I sometimes make just the pie filling, with Splenda, and bake it in little custard cups. Delicious! :pb_smile:

@Loveday, YES you can! Everyone loves my pumpkin pie (one of my husband's soldiers requested it for his birthday instead of cake!) and I feel guilty because it's so easy.

1 can pumpkin

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 eggs

favorite pumpkin pie spices to taste

pie crust

That's it. But don't tell anyone how easy it is, okay? It's our little secret. :)

Just now, TeddyBonkers said:

@Loveday, YES you can! Everyone loves my pumpkin pie (one of my husband's soldiers requested it for his birthday instead of cake!) and I feel guilty because it's so easy.

1 can pumpkin

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 eggs

favorite pumpkin pie spices to taste

pie crust

That's it. But don't tell anyone how easy it is, okay? It's our little secret. :)

That sounds amazing, and omg, it's ridiculously easy! Don't worry, I won't tell a soul! :naughty:

Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard. :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I don't understand. Women can't pray in church? I thought that you go to church to pray.

hello! Have you not learned anything from "Always Learning, (never) Transformed wife"?!?

Women go to church to show off how modest their attire is compared to others. Women go to church to show their submission to others their command man. Women go to church to silently judge how immodest others are and then go blog about it after church. Women go to church to take secret pictures of others. It's all about gathering blog fodder. There isn't any stinkin' time for praying!

You know what's funny? This thread is suddenly 'hot' and we're not even talking about Lori now. :laughing-rolling:

I love thread drifts.:my_heart:

7 minutes ago, Loveday said:

You know what's funny? This thread is suddenly 'hot' and we're not even talking about Lori now. :laughing-rolling:

I love thread drifts.:my_heart:

She would NOT be happy. Which makes me happy.

Stop attempting to go viral, Lori. It ain’t gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here is when she originally posted the pie recipe. 

https://thetransformedwife.com/our-favorite-pumpkin-pie/#comments

In comments she says its good to have for breakfast because it has eggs in it! Many baked goods have eggs in it. I guess we should start eating cake for breakfast too. The reasoning, my God!

I eat rhubarb or blueberry crisp leftovers for breakfast because of oatmeal. I mean come on, it has oatmeal and fruit in it, it must be healthy! :D (my crisp topping is always quadrupled to what Betty Crocker suggests in the red and white cookbook.)

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here is when she originally posted the pie recipe. 

https://thetransformedwife.com/our-favorite-pumpkin-pie/#comments

In comments she says its good to have for breakfast because it has eggs in it! Many baked goods have eggs in it. I guess we should start eating cake for breakfast too. The reasoning, my God!

Well, it's also made with organic, whole wheat crust, so you've got a grain. Eggs for protein, and pumpkin for complex carb, and there's your breakfast. Not that I've ever had pumpkin pie for breakfast. :liar:

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I use that exact recipe, too. have for years and not one complaint!  LOL 

26 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

n comments she says its good to have for breakfast because it has eggs in it! Many baked goods have eggs in it. I guess we should start eating cake for breakfast too. The reasoning, my God!

My chocolate chips cookies have eggs in them. I ALWAYS knew they were a breakfast food..now I don't feel guilty at all when I haven't given my child a "proper"  "nourishing"  breakfast while I'm running her to Catholic School and I'm off to work and I shove a cookie in her hand and say, "here eat this"   LOL (we are awful by Lori's standards all around)

I don't really like pumpkin pie, I think it's the texture that bothers me. But now I do want some pie, specifically my dad's apple pie, or maybe some brownies. I make some great brownies with raspberries and chunks of chocolate in them. (Drools) Heck is take any baked goods right now. Probably be making a mug brownie when I get home. 

It's become my tradition to have leftover pumpkin or apple pie for breakfast every Black Friday.  Pie with good, hot coffee is one of the best breakfasts.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived