IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

Lori in Franklin!  Oh please let this happen. Franklin is Southern New Money. Full of doctors and trophy wives, high-end new construction, and every expensive and ubiquitous chain you can think of. PLENTY of stay-home moms who I'm sure Lori would live to mentor but who will not give her the time of day before they're dumping little Kinsleigh and Remington at Mother's Day Out and running off to dissipate their husbands' substance and attend Beth Moore Bible studies with their pumpkin spice lattes in hand. Lori probably thinks her message will be welcomed in a red state, but she doesn't know that most Southern women won't be told to be frugal and submit to their husbands by a humorless bitch from California. Submission is basically a joke that everyone nods along with but almost no one actually does. She'll be told to fuck right off in that unique way Southern women have perfected: The Freeze-Out. How can we make this happen?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she thinks that California is the devil's playground, her head is going to pop off when she hears about what goes on a small town. 

Lori won't fit in in the south. She and Ken should just move way out in the boonies in rural Texas if they insist on living in the south. I think she and Ken would fare better living in rural Connecticut or Maine. 

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

She went to their church! 

And I’m sure the Pearls told them how happy they were to meet them, indicated where love offerings could be left, and promptly forgot all about them. It wouldn’t be rare for Pearl fans to show up for a service when they’re in the area, pay their respects to their idols, then move on. I would be very surprised if the Alexanders maintained any sort of relationship with the Pearls. They are very different and I don’t think the Pearls would approve of quite a few things about them(drinking, immodest clothes, focus on money and materialism, lack of evangelicising, just for a start). I really would like to see Debi Pearl, as a godly older woman, “mentor” Lori and point out all the ways she disapproves of her and her practice of Christianity though!

10 hours ago, molecule said:

I thought she was trying to get attention specifically from Debi Pearl. I could see her imagining Debi Pearl contacting her to say how thrilled she was that Lori would be moving closer to her. I like to think that Debi Pearl is cringing at the thought.

Debi could barely get through Lori's book (ironic, don't you think?), so I can't imagine her reaching out any time soon.

Screenshot 2018-01-09 at 8.11.18 PM.png

Her book isn't that long is it? I would not be pleased or feel complimented if someone couldn't even read a whole book I wrote and then "reviewed" it. Of course, Debi probably noticed that her own writing is essentially plagiarized in Lori's book. At least I'm assuming it is, because let's be honest, that group rarely comes up with new material. It's just a regurgitation of the same five verses.

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If she thinks that California is the devil's playground, her head is going to pop off when she hears about what goes on a small town. 

This. I think she has the belief that many areas in the South are "godly havens". But, she is never really going to find the perfect place to attempt to spread her beliefs on a high level.

1 minute ago, Sarah92 said:

Her book isn't that long is it? I would not be pleased or feel complimented if someone couldn't even read a whole book I wrote and then "reviewed" it. Of course, Debi probably noticed that her own writing is essentially plagiarized in Lori's book. At least I'm assuming it is, because let's be honest, that group rarely comes up with new material. It's just a regurgitation of the same five verses.

I haven't read Lori's book, but when she first said she was writing a book I figured that Lori was probably plagiarizing from Debi  P. and other people. We all knew she had a history of plagiarizing on her blog. 

I've been reading Lori's book to write up reviews. Believe me, if you read either or her two blogs, you're not missing anything. It's basically a rewrite - she shares old blog posts and comments by readers.

33 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

This. I think she has the belief that many areas in the South are "godly havens". But, she is never really going to find the perfect place to attempt to spread her beliefs on a high level.

Without fail, all my most "WTF" stories are from a southern small town I lived in with 34,000 people. I don't know if it's lack of better things to do, or the fact that people can't really hide the crazy stuff that goes down, or that people make stuff up partially or entirely, or any combination of the three. And its sometimes inter-generational insanity, where it involves multiple generations of the same family just doing crazy shit with/to each other or motivated by some goings on that happened in 1964 that no one has forgotten. 

@KatBonD you're a brave soul to wade through that. I wish you strength and plenty of Tylenol to get through that headache. I heard from others that it was just a bunch of old blog posts. To me that just seems ridiculous to even charge for that, especially the 7.49 it is right now. Maybe 1.99 tops. 

@Sarah92 I tell people to follow Lori's teachings about being frugal. There's no need to spend money on her book when you can read anything she has ever written - over and over and over - for free on her blogs! While I did not follow the mentor's path, I can lead those behind me along the right way.

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

I'd actually like to know what cleaner she uses for those floors, though I already know it's organic, all natural, and made from godly ingredients.

A Norwex cloth soaked in chicken juice salmonella... :tw_mask:

Doesn't Lori have a cleaner? Given her severe chronic health problems, I can't imagine mopping floors would be easy for her. Is it possible she might not know what's used?

4 hours ago, KatBonD said:

Debi could barely get through Lori's book (ironic, don't you think?), so I can't imagine her reaching out any time soon.

Screenshot 2018-01-09 at 8.11.18 PM.png

So Lori’s only stopped being a nasty shrew to Ken and been a godly submissive wife/sex doll for 12 years? Ken really has got a crappy deal with Lori hasn’t he. And yes, they both seem to view their marriage as a deal, so I’ll put it in those terms, though I never usually would when talking about normal people.

And she’s telling all these women how their marriage should be throughout their parenting years when, by both of their admissions, Lori and Ken spent those years fighting while she tried to change him, tried to hurt and undermine him, lied to him and tricked him into major life changes, and routinely “denied” him sex. She has no idea how to have a functional marriage during the parenting/career building/home buying years cause, by her own admission, both she and her husband were miserable throughout those years.

I really thought her moment of revelation regarding submission and her subsequent perfect marriage (ha!) occurred longer ago. She must have started blogging about it within a year or two.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Without fail, all my most "WTF" stories are from a southern small town I lived in with 34,000 people. I don't know if it's lack of better things to do, or the fact that people can't really hide the crazy stuff that goes down, or that people make stuff up partially or entirely, or any combination of the three. And its sometimes inter-generational insanity, where it involves multiple generations of the same family just doing crazy shit with/to each other or motivated by some goings on that happened in 1964 that no one has forgotten. 

Our Texas town of 3,600 is insane. I refuse to live here forever. 

10 hours ago, lilith said:

And I’m sure the Pearls told them how happy they were to meet them, indicated where love offerings could be left, and promptly forgot all about them. It wouldn’t be rare for Pearl fans to show up for a service when they’re in the area, pay their respects to their idols, then move on. I would be very surprised if the Alexanders maintained any sort of relationship with the Pearls. They are very different and I don’t think the Pearls would approve of quite a few things about them(drinking, immodest clothes, focus on money and materialism, lack of evangelicising, just for a start). I really would like to see Debi Pearl, as a godly older woman, “mentor” Lori and point out all the ways she disapproves of her and her practice of Christianity though!

As much as I don't like the Pearl's, I bet if Debi had a reader come to her with a problem, she would at least say she is sorry and offer to pray.

6 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Doesn't Lori have a cleaner? Given her severe chronic health problems, I can't imagine mopping floors would be easy for her. Is it possible she might not know what's used?

I think the woman who was her nanny steal goes in and cleans for Lori.

ETA: If someone is cleaning for Lori, they might be using whatever she has in her house. Some years back Lori posted about making her cleaning products. Maybe, she makes stuff and requires the cleaner use them.

20 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

As much as I don't like the Pearl's, I bet if Debi had a reader come to her with a problem, she would at least say she is sorry and offer to pray.

Unless the reader is a 'regret girl' who doesn't drop her life of sin the moment Debi says she has to.   https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/cloistered-fruit/  But yes, you're right, even Debi comes across as more caring and compassionate than Lori.  It's like being taller than a dwarf...Debi may be pretty short on kindness, but she still wins the contest. 

11 hours ago, lilith said:

They are very different and I don’t think the Pearls would approve of quite a few things about them(drinking,

I must have missed it. What is Lori's take on drinking?

15 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I must have missed it. What is Lori's take on drinking?

Lori Alexander:

If it was up to me I would have zero alcohol in the world.

Also, Lori Alexander:

I do enjoy obeying the verse about having a little wine for your frequent ailments...:)!

the Holy Spirit or Scripture has never convicted me about drinking wine!

Paul does say to drink a little wine for your many ailments and I have had lots of ailments!

I believe Christians who say drinking is a sin are making up their own rules. 

My family knows how to have a good time!  Alisa makes the best margaritas...Fresh lime juice, stevia, and whatever alcohol goes into a margarita.  They are so good! 

When we go out for dinner or have a nice dinner at home, we love to have a glass of wine. It makes the food taste so good and it is fun! 

Their Sangria is AMAZING!!!  

For clarity, Lori wants a "zero alcohol world", with lots of wine and margaritas.  Because Jesus Paul.  :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I think the woman who was her nanny steal goes in and cleans for Lori.

ETA: If someone is cleaning for Lori, they might be using whatever she has in her house. Some years back Lori posted about making her cleaning products. Maybe, she makes stuff and requires the cleaner use them.

More likely she hands a list of ingredients over and expects her slave housekeeper to make them before using them.

Today is all about how Paul really meant that women are to be silent when he gave instructions to women about how to pray and prophesy in church.

This one is strong with the eisogesis.  Lori's ability to read her own viewpoint into Scripture is fully on display.  She would do well with some remedial hermeneutics.  Heck, even some basic reading comprehension classes would help her.

And her most recent doodle - quoting Michael Pearl.  How sad to see all human relationships as simply a power struggle!  

My egalitarian marriage does not spend nearly this much time or angst on decision making.  We have no issues about "who is in charge" nor do we grapple for power or control.  Instead, we love each other.  Most days we end the day giggling together over silly things we come up with together.  Our conflicts are not about power or domination, and we work through them as adults.  

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori Alexander:

Also, Lori Alexander:

For clarity, Lori wants a "zero alcohol world", with lots of wine and margaritas.  Because Jesus Paul.  :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Goodness, it sounds like she indulges frequently. 

Look, I'm a huge red wine drinker. It's a hobby and an interest. My passion is finding < $50 bottles that taste like they're $200 bottles. It's a game for me. This weekend, someone told me I'm a "professional wine drinker" because I brought my own wine glass and a vacuum sealer to an event. I drink a lot of red wine. But damn, Lori talks more about wine on the internet than anyone I know, including me. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived