IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

Saw this pic on a magazine today. It made me think of all the brides tomorrow. Especially Chelsy and Michelle Kingery who’s marrying Matthias Wissmann In Minesotta! That’s gotta be way too cold 

E625400B-B76F-485B-924A-D8ABC9FCB6F5.png

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Curious said:

I thought you were supposed to have the same number of bridesmaids/groomsmen.  Some of the bridesmaids are going to walk down the aisle alone?

Rufus knows.  I'm no expert on this wedding crap.  I had a (forced by my parents) CoE church wedding with 2 bridesmaids.  Mr P survived with one Best Man.  It was in the Dark Ages though and FJ would be utterly appalled by the simplicity of my dress.    :faint:

My wedding party was completely over-shadowed by the Bishop, the Vicar, and the Catholic Priest (we had to get a Vatican dispensation for him and my in-laws to come to the wedding) and their glorious outfits made my dress look dull.  I still regret that we didn't elope although we did enjoy the party!  

That said, Chelsy (and John) have a high bar to reach for the Tackiest Fundie Wedding Ever for our Hall of Fame.  

They need:

• at least 20 attendants on each side.
  • a flower girl dressed like Sheridan Alexander.
  • a wagon train of sleeping white-clad infants towed by a Duggar Howler or three.
  • More than 27 bell ringers.
  • And Steve Maxwell preaching about DEATH.   

The last one is a definite possibility! :D

20 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

They need:

• at least 20 attendants on each side.
  • a flower girl dressed like Sheridan Alexander.
  • a wagon train of sleeping white-clad infants towed by a Duggar Howler or three.
  • More than 27 bell ringers.
  • And Steve Maxwell preaching about DEATH.   

The last one is a definite possibility! :D

Don't forget THE most important component: the groom singing and/or conducting music!

51 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Curious, usually there are equal numbers of female and male attendants, but there doesn't have to be.  I can't remember where i read this years ago, but it pointed out that the paring off of attendants in the recessional was a bit weird.

ah ok.  I've never had one of them fancy church weddings!   I "eloped" (I'm not sure if it's still eloping when your parents make all the arrangements and send you to Las Vegas or not) for the first one.  The second one, I would have been fine going to a courthouse or whatever, but since it was my husband's first wedding and he wanted friends there, we had it in our newly purchased house before we moved in.  He and I each had a friend stand with us and everyone else was just on the deck.  One of his friends held our dog because he was terribly upset he wasn't being held by one of us.  If I had that bit to do over, I probably would have held him myself.

For the reception, we had bought a bunch of beer, sodas, water, a few deli plates from safeway and a giant sub from subway they cut down into 3" pieces.   We did have a lovely wedding cake and a grooms cake (because we had a difference of opinion on cake flavors and that was the one hill I was prepared to die on.  So I got mine in the wedding cake (lemon and vanilla alternating tiers) and he got chocolate with choc frosting.

dogs and kids were welcome to attend.

The whole thing cost maybe $1500-2000.

I just asked my husband if he remembered what the total cost was and he said "Well since we had to buy the venue about $150k"  smart ass!

23 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

FJ would be utterly appalled by the simplicity of my dress.

You will notice I didn't mention what I wore ;)

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Don't forget THE most important component: the groom singing and/or conducting music!

And Grandma playing the saw!!

3 hours ago, Jingerale said:

Tell me more about this spice mix, please! It sounds tasty.

The name is "Tajin". I suspect it may be the Mexican equivalent of McDonald's secret sauce but I love the taste. Such a nice blend of spicy, lime-y and salty. Bonus: cheap!

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Curious, usually there are equal numbers of female and male attendants, but there doesn't have to be.  I can't remember where i read this years ago, but it pointed out that the paring off of attendants in the recessional was a bit weird.

Years ago, it used to be de rigueur to have equal numbers of men and women at dinner parties. When one society woman had uneven numbers at her gathering and a friend expressed distress, she replied, “We’re having dinner, not mating.”

I am loving this thread, and looking forward to watching the livestream tomorrow. Some random thoughts brought on by Friday night fatigue :

- Just looked at pics of the Oriental Circlet and Girls of Great Britain tiaras. Gorgeous! The things I learn from FJ!!

- My sister got married a week before Christmas, in a church decorated for the season with plain evergreens and red and white poinsettias. It was lovely. My maid of honor dress, OTOH, was heinous - floor length pine green satin with an attached elbow-length cape. "You'll wear it again!" "You'll wear it again!" It hung in various closets for the next 20 years, until I wised up and sent it on a one-way journey to Goodwill.

- Mr. MtL and I got married in juvenile court (an interesting fact that makes us Great Conversationalists! :pb_lol:) No muss, no fuss, no bell-ringers, no tiaras, and absolutely NO family drama. I recommend it highly. 10 years and counting...

Good luck, kids! Give 'em hell, Chelsy!!

:popcorn:

15 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

Is there some sort of bingo game for wedding livestreams?

I made a fundie wedding bingo card a while back, but it's very Duggar-specific. Maybe someone can tweak it to make it more general, or more specific to the Maxwell-Bontrager crowds?

fjbingo2.png.019972d4910df59d451f41a7076bfc1d.png

I'm imagining John's eyes bugging out from some man-to-man talks he may be having with Steve around now (how to lose it while avoiding the fires of hell).

Shame that the Pregnant Bridesmaid isn’t in there, we have two (Elissa and NR-Anna) with another potential few if any of the Bontrager SILs are pregnant yet. 

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Shame that the Pregnant Bridesmaid isn’t in there, we have two (Elissa and NR-Anna) with another potential few if any of the Bontrager SILs are pregnant yet. 

Updated: 

bingo2.png

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jeans under skirts for Chelsy and Elizabeth. I Personally think it looks ridiculous, but I bet it still made Steve lose his mind lol

9EEC90B1-93B4-4876-92B8-6C87F397EE59.png

Given the weather it is probably warm, which would be the only thing I'd be interested in... I'd be the one in every item of clothing I had handy, no matter that I looked like a smaller, oddly coloured version of the Michelin Man.

Wonder what the Maxwells will sing? John and Chelsy don’t have a signature hymn like Joseph and Elissa do (Channels Only), as far as we know. Jesse, Anna and Mary sang something called “O Perfect Love” at the Chris-NR Anna wedding and Reversal Anna sang something called “How Beautiful” at the Joseph-Elissa wedding.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Menu on a wood pallet. Pinteresting AF ;)

IMG_5936.PNG

OK - have the Bontragers taken down this photo? I follow their insta but can't see this post. Or the one with Chelsy and Liz in skirts over jeans, either. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Wonder what the Maxwells will sing? John and Chelsy don’t have a signature hymn like Joseph and Elissa do (Channels Only), as far as we know. Jesse, Anna and Mary sang something called “O Perfect Love” at the Chris-NR Anna wedding and Reversal Anna sang something called “How Beautiful” at the Joseph-Elissa wedding.

"Like A Virgin"?

"Duggars in the front row" :pb_lol:

Also, I'm loving this thread already. Keep the snark going!

Chelsy and Allison are joking in the comments of Allison’s blog about the Bontrager habit of throwing instead of passing items at the dinner table (rolls, sauce bottles etc).

Can you imagine Steve’s face if he requests an animal cracker and Chelsy pelts it across the table at him!

Also, Chelsy joined the extended family Maxhell Christmas celebration on the 23rd. There is a sweet phot of her hugging Gigi and one of her receiving a gift from Calia.

And Sarah actually acknowledged that the family is currently in Iowa for the wedding.

Andrew got Ruthie glasses because she loves Tina's glasses so much. Oh dear god that might be the sweetest thing I've seen in awhile. The Maxwell adults are awful but those children are just ridiculously adorable. You got me Maxwells! Right in the feels! *shakes fist*

I’m rereading Pilgrims Wilderness tonight in honour of John’s single non Maxwell/Bontrager groomsman (what some would call a friend) and, just, wow. Joseph Hale has been through a hell of a lot and I hope John is a good, empathic and non judgemental friend to him.

I'm about an hour from Kalona. Our high today will be -5. It currentlyfeels like -24 degrees outside. 

Winter weddings can be beautiful but we haven't had a winter this rough for a few years so I hope Chelsy planned well! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived