IGNORED

Dillards 48: Proselytising Prick Preaching to People

samurai_sarah

Every time dWRECK tweets about women I seriously think it's because HE checked out some random college girl and internally blames her for it. (How dare she wear those tight pants and parka!)

I also think he probably likes the attention of people speculating about what happened to Sam. Maybe he doesn't realize nearly everyone thinks it's because they were negligent during his birth.

"I wouldn't fuck him if his dick printed money" is my new favorite saying. :pb_lol: 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even try to help my husband with his social media battles even if he's absolutely right. His mom tried to (she has control issues), but he usually deletes those posts right away. The one time my husband inadvertently insulted one of my cousins (he really did hurt her feelings, she wasn't just butthurt), I make him not only apologise in the thread, but call her personally. That's the extent of my involvement.

I did defend my oldest son on Facebook ONE time. A family member defaulted to a personal attack on a TEENAGER and I needed to make it very clear to that person, and everyone else who would sink that low, that it was unacceptable. After my son is an adult though, he's on his own. I'll tell him to his face if I think he's an idiot or guide him to craft an argument, but nothing public.

@nastyhobbitses I agree, it can definitely be a control issue. I saw a counsellor earlier this year for help with anxiety. We were talking about my habit of leaping in to rescue people (whether they wanted/needed rescuing or not).

She asked me to consider the opinion that every time I “rescued” someone I took away an opportunity for them to learn a new skill, develop coping mechanism etc and that I was enabling their “helpless” behaviour. She was completely right, I did use it as a way to control my surroundings as a way of managing my anxiety. 

Trying not to do it is still a struggle for me but once I saw it from that side I just keep thinking  what gives me the right to do that? What makes me think I’m so much better than them? 

Derick's mom's behavior seems very emasculating to me, an interesting contrast to Derick's "man of the house" role in Duggarland.  Could this be part of the reason he went to Nepal then hooked up with Jim Bob?  I wonder what Cathy's relationship with Jill is like. 

9 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Derick's mom's behavior seems very emasculating to me, an interesting contrast to Derick's "man of the house" role in Duggarland.  Could this be part of the reason he went to Nepal then hooked up with Jim Bob?  I wonder what Cathy's relationship with Jill is like. 

I know, it's very interesting I think.
They don't mention much about her aside from her recovery from cancer and how she has raised them in a "Godly" way....

I wonder what it was like before their father passed, and if that changed things. I get the impression she is much closer to Dan and Deena than Derick and Jill, and I'm sure Derick has a say in that.

1 hour ago, Feministe9000 said:

I know, it's very interesting I think.
They don't mention much about her aside from her recovery from cancer and how she has raised them in a "Godly" way....

I wonder what it was like before their father passed, and if that changed things. I get the impression she is much closer to Dan and Deena than Derick and Jill, and I'm sure Derick has a say in that.

Cathy has been pictured a lot helping the Dills out with their kids - she spent time in SCA with them (she helped celebrate Izzy’s first birthday down there), seems very close with Izzy, and appears to have been a great help to them around the time of Samuel’s birth. I honestly don’t think their relationship is strained at all. Is there anything specific that makes you think it is (maybe I missed something)?

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I was coming to say the same thing, no one is even looking at her!

They probably went for the free food. Free food is why I go to any event at my college :) 

13 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

The students look really interested in what she has to say. /s :laughing-lmao:

Ha!  Although tbh she could be giving them the true meaning of life and at that age a large percentage would have tuned her out before she started talking.

I did a semester abroad in highschool and kick myself for not paying more attention to subjects that fascinate me now but bored me then.

Don't get me wrong....I don't really think a Duggar was imparting valuable information.  I'm familiar with their work.  :) 

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I was coming to say the same thing, no one is even looking at her!

I mean, to be fair, it looks like they're all looking at her except for that one girl holding a bagel or cookie or whatever it is.

I can't think of much else I'd like to do less than listen to Jill Dillard lecture me about relationships, though. :my_sick: I wonder what kind of a speaker she is. "Sooo ummmm, yeah! It's, like, totally awesome to put JESUS at the centre of your relationship. Cuz the closer the two people are moving to God, ummm... like, the closer they're moving to each other.... So yeah!"

15 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Pretty obvious why Jill is wearing pants and had her nose pierced. The students look really interested in what she has to say. /s :laughing-lmao:

I have so many questions...

1. What school was this?

2. Did the kids only show up for free food?

3. Where did Jill get those boots? Actually, scratch that. Where did she get that entire outfit? It looks ridiculously comfortable and pretty cute.

4. And most importantly, did someone steal Derick’s phone? Because that was actually a pretty decent post praising his wife and I’m just not used to anything remotely like that from him.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

except for that one girl holding a bagel or cookie or whatever it is.

I was thinking thin crust pizza?  But now I want a cookie, thanks a lot!

I've been divorced twice and I would give better relationship advice than a Duggar...you know, from a purely theoretical stand point.  :) 

tbh if Jill Dillard were speaking around here I'd probably go see her, just for curiosity's sake. But I'm the type of person who's interested in different religions and weird cults and such (hence being on FJ). I used to go to some of the Catholic student events/groups when I was in university even though I wasn't Catholic. They were run by a totally cool & hip young priest. :my_confused: From him I learned that if a man wore a condom when he had sex with his wife on their wedding night, the marriage wasn't actually consummated. Fun times.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

From him I learned that if a man wore a condom when he had sex with his wife on their wedding night, the marriage wasn't actually consummated.

Really?  Wow, by that logic I was a virgin waaaay longer than I thought.  

I wish I'd know the condoms made it not count!

On 09/01/2018 at 11:49 AM, RainbowSky said:

Did he get the position from personality (if so, wth happened?) Or from it being a legacy thing? I don't know if that's a possibility there.

IMHO I think that Derrick probably was fun at college.  Every group of pals has a loveable geek who lends a shoulder to cry on, is organised when no-one else is etc. Derrick possibly took on this role. He likes to be 'on stage', so made a good Pistol Pete. However he thought he saw something familiar in Jim-Bob. He didn't see that J-Bs fame is only because of his umpteen kids and weird wife. He snapped Jill up, expecting the Duggar 'fame' to somehow be sprinkled over him like Fundie stardust. He thought it was ok to be the new version of himself, (probably one that had been lurking there darkly fermenting and ripening is his soul- waiting to burst out- a fundie  Alien) and that folk would point and shout Hurrah! another J-B!!!!

J-B works. He is a stay-at-home fundie sperminator, but he has many money making deals on-going. Derrick, although seemingly better educated than J-B hasn't. He lacks that essential J-B- ishness. Sadly Derrick hasn't worked any of this out yet and is bitterly thrashing out on social media. He is stuck on the Duggar Carousel and can't get off. He hasn't figured out why or how he is now tethered to the TTH and not roaming the world with his babies strapped to his back , his wife happily roaming  beside him. He is caught between two worlds, the back- packing world of freedom, wandering like a grubby Jesus preaching to all he encounters and the strict, boring  insular world that is the Duggar version of Christianity.  

Derrick just hasn't figured out yet what went wrong. Maybe he never will. 

(I hope this ramble makes some sense!)

17 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He lacks that essential J-B- ishness.

JB can hustle, I'll give him that.  I wish he would only use those powers for good, but he's never struck me as lazy.

I've wondered where Josh got the slacking from, I can't imagine JB found that source of pride.

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I really wonder how Derrick actually feels about his mom coddling him so much publicly. He must understand on some level how emasculating it is and how much it undermines the image he wishes to project. I mean, can you guys imagine being 28 and having your freaking Mom intervene on your professional social media accounts? I would want to fall through the surface of the earth.

Also, it is so interesting to me how ALL the men I know in real life who were drawn to the patriarchal extremes of their respective religions were men who were complete failures according to society's traditional male measures of worth (career, physical strength, grit, independence). Lots and lots of Mama's Boys...

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Also, it is so interesting to me how ALL the men I know who were drawn to the patriarchal extremes of their respective religions were men who were complete failures according to society's traditional male measures of worth (career, physical strength, grit). 

if you cant earn respect you feel you're due based on your character or achievements I'd imagine a cult where you are entitled to it by managing to be born with a penis would be pretty appealing.

Based on my experience it is highly likely that students are there just for free food or just because they had a friend going.

In law school all the student groups got a budget that was primarily used for buying food for meetings/events. I had a position with the school to help guide/lead first-years when I was in my last two years of school and used to put on a lot of presentations... I think I gave good, 'real talk' advice that was better than the BS the real adults at school would give them, but I still knew the only way to guarantee a large audience was to heavily emphasize that there would be food there. Getting students to go to your event during the event hour was so competitive that groups would advertise they were giving a non-pizza lunch just because students got choosy/tired of pizza! :pb_lol:

Wow. Did Jill and Jinger go shopping together? This is the most cute and modern I've seen her look. I'm actually hoping that on the new season they talk honestly about their decision to wear pants, and maybe go shopping for some, but I bet we'll ne treated to more of the same old, same old. Plus Jill's likely not featured.

I think Jeremy ghost wrote this post for Derick while Jinge and Jill were pants shopping.

If Derick's dick printed money, there would be less grifting going on. Still doesn't make him remotely fuckable.

I know this is off topic, but why do we defend the Roman Catholic Church from fundies when they believe almost the exact same things about gay marriage, transgender people, and abortion? 

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Pretty obvious why Jill is wearing pants and had her nose pierced. The students look really interested in what she has to say. /s :laughing-lmao:

That better fucking be a private religious school, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. If it's a public school, I feel nothing but schadenfreude watching Jill get ignored. 

On the other hand, I am so here for her new pants-wearing ways. Who'da thunk? 

On 12/30/2017 at 4:16 PM, PennySycamore said:

Sorry about the quote box. 

But I agree I havent quite gotten over Jills pants and I’m kind of loving it. I know it doesnt change anything but I just never expected it from her. Im equally surprised Joy is still in skirts. I know she and Austin are drenched in the kool aid but ive always thought Joy was comfortable with the fact that shes not ultra girly and I just think she would be so much more confortable in pants. Im still thinking she will eventually, not that Its really interesting news anymore. I think its so silly they wont talk about these type of things on the show. Its not scandalous by any means but would be at least a little interesting.  And I would love to hear a JB and Michelle TH on the subject. 

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Really?  Wow, by that logic I was a virgin waaaay longer than I thought.  

I wish I'd know the condoms made it not count!

I feel like telling people that condoms make it not count is counter-productive to an abstinence only platform.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived