IGNORED

Dillards 48: Proselytising Prick Preaching to People

samurai_sarah

It wouldn't suprise me at all if, in a few months/years time, we get to read about another Duggar scandal, a Derick Dillard scandal this time.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what that tweet could indicate. It could be anything from "I fantasized about a woman who wasn't Jill and rather than either say 'well, OK, that happens sometimes and it's normal' or evaluate my sex life within the context of my marriage, I'm going to blame the woman for existing in my field of vision", to "I heard something on the news or within my church about someone cheating and I'm going to blame the woman for existing in that guy's field of vision", to "I somehow found a woman with low enough standards to cheat on Jill with and I'm going to blame her rather than myself".

But Derick, never forget that if it weren't for fundamentalist patriarchy, you'd be a pity fuck at best. 

28 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But Derick, never forget that if it weren't for fundamentalist patriarchy, you'd be a pity fuck at best. 

You win for the internet today!

Ah. I recall The days of yore  when Derrick  Dillard (AKA Mr Pistol Pete) the college educated Walmart Accountant was going to sweep Jill Duggar into a world of Jeans, BC, schooling and two kids going to public school and most of FJ was in a tizzy of expectation -and adulation about him...

Ben was either a dim besotted man boy who scored the most popular princess  in the Duggar homeschool  and she would dominate h or like wise going to take Jessa away...

Good times.

I really don't like Derick, but I also really don't like judging him or belittling him based on his appearance. That's gross and unnecessary - there are so many things about his personality, beliefs, words and actions to judge and criticize. I don't think we need to mock his physical appearance to express the fact that he's awful.

Yes, there are many things trash Derick on his appearance isn't  of value.  He's a nasty, narrow minded, bigoted, misogynistic cruel, little man all these attributes would make even Chris Hemsworth ugly.   Focus on his personality flaws not his physical ones. FJ mods won't stand for racial slurs or homophobic rants, and looks are on the same level, you can't choose your skin color or sexual preference anymore than you can choose your physical appearance. Like I tell my kids be better than that, if you can't argue a point with insulting someone or calling them names you have no argument. 

Of course Cathy is the best mother ever to Derick! He spews shit, and she comes in to defend him. What else could he possibly want? 

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

They're all very stable geniuses, that's for sure.

Like really smart.

the amount of time that the words "evil" and "woman" are put next to each other in fundie circles is ridiculous. I know men who blame LITERALLY everything which has ever gone wrong in their lives on women. Failed a test? Missed the deadline? Got divorced? Lost money? Men doing stupid things in general? It's all a woman's fault: they were not availible enough, not sexy enough, too sexy, the food was bad, she was too pretty, too bitchy, too passive, too fat, too thin, in the way of HIS career, etc.

I literally know men who would blame their own daughter or mother if they were raped and murdered, I'm not kidding.

I fear for Jill. Derick could be like that kind of guy. If I were Jill I wouldn't even try to please him and just let it go...

Regarding the Derrick tweet note that it was from proverbs 6.  He’s done this frequently before.  Meaning the day of the month will usually sync with the chapter of proverbs he’s quoting.  There’s a whole read through the Bible in a year bit that inclcudes reading a chapter of pro verses each day (there are 31chapters in proberbs)as well as a certain number of chapters of psalms each day (2 or 3 I believe).

meaning I typically don’t read too much into his Bible quotes when they come from Proverbs,  he seems to think he needs to tweet a Bible quote each day for the sake of everyone’s soul.  

10 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I literally know men who would blame their own daughter or mother if they were raped and murdered, I'm not kidding.

I fear for Jill. Derick could be like that kind of guy. If I were Jill I wouldn't even try to please him and just let it go...

This is not the first time Derick has posted this same quote.  To me if feels as if this could be a direct dig at Jill regarding Josh. He knows how Jill was damaged by Josh's abuse, and yet he appears to be coming to Josh's defense.  Making it very clear in a public forum that it was Jill's fault. He could also be blaming Jill for his getting kicked off TLC.  She tempted him into bulling  Jazz. 

I can't see any other reason he would post that not once but twice if it weren't a message to this wife.

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I can't see any other reason he would post that not once but twice if it weren't a message to this wife.

I honestly think that's a huge leap. There are about a thousand much more likely reasons he could be posting this proverb twice before you get to him subtweeting his own wife to call her a harlot. Maybe he has a friend whose wife cheated on him, or his pastor has been preaching on adultery, or he just feels it's his responsibility to warn other young men to not be dragged into temptation by all of these loose liberal women running around out there in the world - sort of the 2018 version of shouting "NIKE!"

29 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

This is not the first time Derick has posted this same quote.  To me if feels as if this could be a direct dig at Jill regarding Josh. He knows how Jill was damaged by Josh's abuse, and yet he appears to be coming to Josh's defense.  Making it very clear in a public forum that it was Jill's fault. He could also be blaming Jill for his getting kicked off TLC.  She tempted him into bulling  Jazz. 

Considering that he believes his two-year-old is manipulating him by saying "I love you daddy", I don't think it's too much of a stretch to surmise that Derick would think Jill is "playing the victim" or lying or exaggerating or manipulating him or she manipulated her brother. He also loves Roy Moore, so I don't think he's on Jill's side in this ordeal. 

Jill, I know I snark on you for being obnoxious and putting your baby in a straitjacket and being racist and weird with Muslim people, but you deserve so much better than this assclown. 

Also, for people who took issue with my "pity fuck" comment: I understand that it came off as an appearance snark on Derick. I think that with his personality, he'd be a pity fuck if he looked like Chad Paine. No matter what his face looks like, his soul is ugly as sin. 

42 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Regarding the Derrick tweet note that it was from proverbs 6.  He’s done this frequently before.  Meaning the day of the month will usually sync with the chapter of proverbs he’s quoting.  There’s a whole read through the Bible in a year bit that inclcudes reading a chapter of pro verses each day (there are 31chapters in proberbs)as well as a certain number of chapters of psalms each day (2 or 3 I believe).

meaning I typically don’t read too much into his Bible quotes when they come from Proverbs,  he seems to think he needs to tweet a Bible quote each day for the sake of everyone’s soul.  

I went back and read his older proverb tweets and what date they were posted. I never noticed before, but looks like you were right. They do match up. 

9 hours ago, Calypso said:

But the second pic is another view of baby Sam hooked up to wires in the hospital

I saw this too, and I know we're never going to know fully what happened with Sam's birth, but man, they can't just post that and expect us to not want to know more!

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

GryffindorDisappointment gave me a fat lip (twice), ripped off a fingernail, popped a blood vessel in my finger, and poked me in the eye. Raising kids isn't for the faint-hearted.

And then she turned into a teenager, and regularly ripped out my heart.

There is also the concussion I give my self when my 14 year old plucks my very last nerve.  Banging ones head on the desk repeatedly is no all that healthy 

18 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Also, for people who took issue with my "pity fuck" comment: I understand that it came off as an appearance snark on Derick. I think that with his personality, he'd be a pity fuck if he looked like Chad Paine. No matter what his face looks like, his soul is ugly as sin.

Your comment wasn't one that I was referring to. Admittedly the entire concept of a "pity fuck" is disgusting to me, but I didn't really interpret it as a dig at his appearance, though I have trouble understanding why anyone would 'pity fuck' someone so abhorrent. There's nothing to pity there.

37 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Your comment wasn't one that I was referring to. Admittedly the entire concept of a "pity fuck" is disgusting to me, but I didn't really interpret it as a dig at his appearance, though I have trouble understanding why anyone would 'pity fuck' someone so abhorrent. There's nothing to pity there.

I mean, I wouldn't fuck Derick if his dick printed money. But I have had sex with rather unsavory dudes (not nearly as bad as Derick, but still pretty cringey) due to sunk cost fallacy ("well, I'm drunk, naked and in his room, can't really back out now without it being really awkward"), some level of pity/internalized misogyny ("I'd be a bitch if I turned him down"), and just plain bad choices ("you were real cute before you spoke, but sex doesn't involve a lot of talking, so I comfort myself in knowing that in an hour, you'll be little more to me than a funny story, and I'll be little more to you than The Girl With Nice Tits"). 

My sex life from age 18 to 25 was filled with a lot of poor choices on my part. But I'm glad I had the chance to make poor choices, find out that they were poor choices, and grow and learn and find someone who respects me, whom I respect, and absolutely rocks my world in the sack. So glad I'm not yoked to the first guy I wanted to bang. 

I don't think that tweet has anything to do with him or Jill. He is just not that self-aware or introspective.

It's either that he's using some sort of daily scripture calendar and regurgitating it or he's judging some other man he knows for being a sinful heathen in that typical Dillard passive aggressive way.

I'm on the side of it being something like the proverb of the day thing. Or one of the women in his ministry school thing who wears PANTS and thinks FOR HERSELF had the audacity to do something like question him in one of their classes. 

I seem to recall that CCC is Evangelical but not strictly fundie? I've often wondered how Derick is managing to be in a program with ebil wimmin who might not share his exact brand of extremist Christianity. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I really don't like Derick, but I also really don't like judging him or belittling him based on his appearance. That's gross and unnecessary - there are so many things about his personality, beliefs, words and actions to judge and criticize. I don't think we need to mock his physical appearance to express the fact that he's awful.

“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

It's also worth noting that the Bible (and proverbs especially) often uses non-literal imagery to convey messages. 

The smooth tongued evil woman adulteress here can easily be read as just a personification of temptation.  She's a siren. And her song could be about anything. 

I don't think we should assume Derick means a LITERAL woman of any sort with this quote. He might, certainly, but I don't think it's a safe assumption. This passage is really more about the temptation of "false paths" that lead away from the "true faith", so I personally think it's just as likely or even more likely that he is decrying secular pressures such as pressure to use family planning OR other faiths and practices with this quote.

CPS or Social Services everywhere have a hard time determining the real cases of neglect and those that are false. We often only hear of their failures, children that are killed at the hands of a parent or the cases where innocent parents lose all rights to their child only to be cleared of abuse later on. 

My friend's so called mother has called social services numerous times alleging that she abused and neglected her son, each time they found her claims false, they in the end told the mother to stop making false claims and let them deal with the real cases of neglect. My friends mum abandoned her and her brother as a child and my friend is now a carer for her dad who has dementia as well as her child with medical issues.

No way is Derick dumping on Jill (or anyone in particular) with his Proverbs tweeting.

However, the fact that he does regularly quote Proverbs about temptresses and their mouths like bottomless pits makes me think he's probably afraid of women...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived