IGNORED

Dillards 48: Proselytising Prick Preaching to People

samurai_sarah

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nst said:

so what is the real reason derick posted about Sam being in the hospital? or is that after he was born. 

and the bigger question is why do I care when they aren't on the show anymore. 

I took it as a "best mom evurrrrr" appreciation post. Along the lines of "you were there for us when our child had to be hooked up to  oxygen after birth". I could be wrong. 

He is not stupid, well ...
He knows that we all have questions about what happened at that birth.
It would not be strange that "someone:output_eeMbjt:" told him to do it to increase the public's expectation about the new season even if they never show anything.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I mean, I wouldn't fuck Derick if his dick printed money.

:pb_lol: Reminds me of the time a guy in college said something along the lines of, “Women would love nothig more than a guy with a chocolate penis that ejaculates gold. I’m halfway there.”

47 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

No way is Derick dumping on Jill (or anyone in particular) with his Proverbs tweeting.

However, the fact that he does regularly quote Proverbs about temptresses and their mouths like bottomless pits makes me think he's probably afraid of women...

Afraid of women...now I want to tweet photos of strong, powerful, intelligent women at him. Hillary Clinton. Elizabeth Warren. Queen Elizabeth. Emma Watson. 

It just seems weird to post pictures of Sam when he was hooked up to machines in the hospital after he was born when they are so quiet about the circumstances surrounding his birth. Derick has to know that will stir up interest and gossip again, and that gossip won’t necessarily portray him and Jill in a positive light. 

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But Derick, never forget that if it weren't for fundamentalist patriarchy, you'd be a pity fuck at best. 

now this is the best post of the week!! you deserve all the brownies today 

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

meaning I typically don’t read too much into his Bible quotes when they come from Proverbs,  he seems to think he needs to tweet a Bible quote each day for the sake of everyone’s soul.  

He is trying to SAVE MY SOUL because I Need SAVING 

Saving I tell you because I love salt and vinegar chips

:D

I assumed the tweet was in response to the news breaking about Pastor Andy Savage (one of the mega churches in TN) sexual misconduct from 20 years ago with a teen when he was youth pastor. Just going off timing, I’d assume it’s being discussed among in his program due to the student focus.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/andy-savage-megachurch-pastor-sexual-assault_us_5a51f387e4b089e14dbb79a8

On 06/01/2018 at 1:38 AM, kachuu said:

She also went on to say that fighting parents will say anything to child services/police to make the child's other parent look bad.

I’m 90% sure my mum accused my dad of sexually abusing me when I was very young and they were newly separated. I remember being taken to see someone (a therapist perhaps?) who played board games with me and asked lots of questions about what I did when I visited Dad, and there’s been a few other comments made by both Mum and Dad which fuel my suspicion.

I love my mum and it’s not something we speak about, but if she thought she would get sole custody or hurt Dad I wouldn’t put much past her.

So I'll admit it. I started responding to Derick whenever he posted something hateful on Twitter.  If he lied, I called him on it. If he misquoted the bible, I pointed it out.  When he attacked Jazz, I took aim. I did this in the midst of living my life and what not.  It wasn't daily. But perhaps my most recent response to his being a liar pushed the line?  He has blocked me on twitter. I have officially been blocked by Derick Dillard on twitter.  

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

I cannot bear to look at 45 for this very reason, he radiates internal ugliness. One reason I can barely watch news these days, which is why I love the political threads on FJ. These intelligent and informed posters keep me up to date with minimal images of 45.

I think folks have pity sex out if the sense that if they don't do it, nobody will. An act of charity, if you will. Derek has Jill to be joyfully be available to him, but without that, yeah he would likely be a pity sex candidate. 

Snarking on looks, particularly for things not easily changed,  is BEC, but I ain't mad at you when directed at Derick. He is an extreme a-hole, and invites the crap he spews to be spewed back at him.

1 hour ago, oldfashionedgal said:

m 90% sure my mum accused my dad of sexually abusing me when I was very young and they were newly separated. 

This happened to me too. My Dad works in a hands-on health profession and my Mom decided a treatment he did on my back was worth a sex abuse claim. They had a really ugly divorce so it was par for the course. After that my Dad wasn't allowed to so much as give me a shoulder rub. Left me feeling deeply confused as a kid. We never talk about it with either parent. So irresponsible and makes me 100% sure I'll never drag my kids into divorce proceedings no matter how angry I am.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

<snip>  It just seems weird to post pictures of Sam when he was hooked up to machines in the hospital after he was born when they are so quiet about the circumstances surrounding his birth. Derick has to know that will stir up interest and gossip again, and that gossip won’t necessarily portray him and Jill in a positive light. 

Derick is a troll.  He loves baiting people and stirring up sh*t with provocative tweets.  I'd say he likes to play mind games, but that would be giving him credit for having enough psychological insight to engage people in this way.

3 minutes ago, Drala said:

Derick is a troll.  He loves baiting people and stirring up sh*t with provocative tweets.  I'd say he likes to play mind games, but that would be giving him credit for having enough psychological insight to engage people in this way.

And using his baby’s health to bait people just shows what a despicable person he is

13 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And using his baby’s health to bait people just shows what a despicable person he is

ALMOST JRod level despicable...

ALMOST

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So I'll admit it. I started responding to Derick whenever he posted something hateful on Twitter.  If he lied, I called him on it. If he misquoted the bible, I pointed it out.  When he attacked Jazz, I took aim. I did this in the midst of living my life and what not.  It wasn't daily. But perhaps my most recent response to his being a liar pushed the line?  He has blocked me on twitter. I have officially been blocked by Derick Dillard on twitter.  

Good work! :clap:

11 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

ALMOST JRod level despicable...

ALMOST

Oh, just you wait. Derick will soon figure out that Sammy is a good conduit for starting up another GoFuckMe. 

Run, Sammy. Run and pick up Baby Rodrigues on your way to a big city far away from your toxic families. 

I need to backtrack for a second re: the wooden spoon survival shirts.  Hear me out, then back to your regularly scheduled Derick is a dick (which he is) programming.

Me: "Honey do you find these shirts offensive?"

13 year old:  "I don't get it."

Me: "The wooden spoon, honey."

13 year old: "Like beatings?"

Me: "Yes."

13 year old:  "That's not for real Mom."

Me: "Unfortunately it is."

13 year old: "No way."

9 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Like really smart.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/186109bf-cfd9-4c8c-aa09-045288effa96#HJDwADNeVz.copy

Sorry it looks spammy, it's not.  This keeps popping in my head!

40 minutes ago, pook said:

I need to backtrack for a second re: the wooden spoon survival shirts.  Hear me out, then back to your regularly scheduled Derick is a dick (which he is) programming.

Me: "Honey do you find these shirts offensive?"

13 year old:  "I don't get it."

Me: "The wooden spoon, honey."

13 year old: "Like beatings?"

Me: "Yes."

13 year old:  "That's not for real Mom."

Me: "Unfortunately it is."

13 year old: "No way."

Parenting done right!  On FB there is a page I like called "Hardcore Italians".  Today was a post about "weapons" like slippers, tv remote, wooden spoon, belt and rolling pin ( eleventy!).  You should see the comments.  Loving the beatings they all got. Made them all better people. They'd love that shirt.  So gross.  Are us Italian-Americans supposed to be proud of this as a community?  Just gross.  Laughing like this is ok and best.  Nah, bro.

I agree with @KelseyAnn's quote and was thinking of it but certainly not expressing it well in my previous post.  When I read the things Derick has said, all I can see when I look at him is that vile personality written all over his face.  If he was a cheerful, kind person I doubt anyone here would even notice his looks (beyond maybe concern about the gauntness he had going on for a while), but it's true most of that he has no control over.

I simultaneously am of the opinion that if he expects Jill to groom and take care of herself, he should try to do the same but realize that fairness isn't really a big thing in their cult and his grooming habits don't contribute to his nasty beliefs.

I would be really, really sad if my husband posted a photo of his mom and called her the "best mom ever".  I'd like to believe that he thought I was the best mom ever. 

Also,

I feel really bad for Jill; I sincerely hope Dewreck doesn't constantly compare her to his mom.

9 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

I saw this too, and I know we're never going to know fully what happened with Sam's birth, but man, they can't just post that and expect us to not want to know more!

I don't have instagram, can someone post it?

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Just to offer another perspective:  The latest photo of Sam in the hospital was posted in honor of Cathy’s birthday. I don’t think he used it as a way to “bait” people as much as a way to acknowledge how she was there for them during a tough time. Having a child who isn’t perfectly healthy at birth can be a very traumatizing and scary experience. I’m likely projecting a bit here, but I know that I’m so much more grateful for my parents and in-laws after the incredible support and love they gave us during Velocibaby’s NICU stay.

I mean, it is Derick and I could be completely and totally wrong, but it is possible that he just wanted to showcase a moment where he felt really close to his mom or that he thought really showcases how she’s there for him when he needs it most.

12 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

6BD9C6EE-2695-4CBE-A694-B958A14EC1CE.jpeg.cbe4471b584ae8a191b24afb3e7b78b4.jpegHere it is. It appears he may have been on Oxygen and possibly had a feeding tube.

ETA: As for his hand, that may have been because they had an IV in or had to draw blood. My daughter’s hand was wrapped up like that for a little bit for that reason.

9 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

Touch the right side of the first photo and you'll be able to scroll through all the photos.

Orrrr - just look at the photo that was posted, above, while I was posting this. lol

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Touch the right side of the first photo and you'll be able to scroll through all the photos.

I can't seem to make that work here

I agree with @VelociRapture I don't think it was bait and I don't think the O2 was probably a big deal... odds are he had TTN which is common in c section babies they sometimes just need a little help for a bit until the fetal lung liquid gets all cleared out. My little boy was born a month early by c section and he needed a little O2 just to wake up up a bit so to speak and he needed the jaundice lights... I posted pics because I thought his little sun glasses were adorable and people freaked out. He was perfectly healthy though and I knew he would be fine they were just small bumps in the road. When he was 3 weeks too he ended up in the NICU for  few days for a fever and I never left his side but I wasn't overly worried because it was a low grade.  Jill and derek could have just not felt it was a big deal. Everyone as different stressors and reacts differently. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived