IGNORED

Totally Subjective Bates Wedding Dress Rundown

freethemall

Josie is a bit of a joker for me. I don’t see anything country or boho though. Which is sad, her figure and look would turn every boho dress in something fairy like.

Carlin will go all Kendra or all Jinger in my eyes. Whatever she chooses she will go all the way with it.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Josie is a bit of a joker for me. I don’t see anything country or boho though. Which is sad, her figure and look would turn every boho dress in something fairy like.

Carlin will go all Kendra or all Jinger in my eyes. Whatever she chooses she will go all the way with it.

Carlin I could see either basically SWF-ing Meghan Markle, or going the Alyssa route and going juuuuuust modest enough that Mom and Dad will still willingly buy her the dress. And the dress would be extra as fuck.

But here's what I think she'd look awesome in:

Spoiler

rBVaI1h1oLGAKUI7AAL77Fl7caE884.jpg

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwFqBVzBlAKjglvvpZ-3R

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVE5msoPjIFtLTOXSGMYN

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

^ @nastyhobbitses I absolutely love your first pick. Can’t see her choosing something like that but it is spectacular!!!

Thanks! It's also the dress I would totally wear to my wedding, if not for the fact that it looks impossible to dance in. But dancing is a no-no at Bates family weddings, so Carlin wouldn't have to worry about that.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Thanks! It's also the dress I would totally wear to my wedding, if not for the fact that it looks impossible to dance in. But dancing is a no-no at Bates family weddings, so Carlin wouldn't have to worry about that.

I would definitely wear it - no matter if I could dance in it- sadly my figure is not what I would like in this dress. I am very short and have too much boobs (no bra with this back) for it. I think I would simultaneously fill it out too much on top but get drowned by the ruffles. In another life with at least 30cm more I would definitely consider it.

• Upvote 1

Best Dress: Erin

I love the jeweled type accessory on a more silky satin type material. Considering she was one of the first and during a time when the budget was low and the modestly standards extremely high, she did a great job.

Best Hair: Alyssa

Her hair was done in a youthful stylish way.

Best Veil: Michael

I am not sure if she borrowed it from Erin on not, but it complimented her dress better and her hair well.

Best Color Scheme: Tori

She nailed it! Purple and blues gave her wedding a royal and sophisticated feel. Also, compliments her champagne colored underlining.

Best Bridesmaids Look: Whitney

I loved the bows, the MOH having a different color and they were cutesy and complimentary to the girls that wore them.

Best Bouquet: Tori

Another win for the newest Bates bride. Ya can't go wrong with callas. Also, the bouquet was full and slighty reminiscent of a teardrop which goes well with a more form fitting dress.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the Bates have become more stylish and likeable over the years but are still anti dancing? Got it. Do any of the Bates son-in-laws have education and worldly experience similar to Jeremy Vuolo? 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Misspelled a name
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

So the Bates have become more stylish and likeable over the years but are still anti dancing? Got it. Do any of the Bates son-in-laws have education and worldly experience similar to Jeremy Vuolo? 

off the top of my head: Education- Brandon, Bobby, and Kelton (not yet an in-law but on his way) have college degrees. Worldliness- the ones who married in their mid to late twenties like Jeremy did (Brandon, Chad, John) all grew up in fundamentalist families, so don't seem to have done the worldly exploration he did. You might like the Bates family cheat sheet @VelociRapture made ( it's the thread at the top of the Quiver Full of Bateseseses), it has more info on all of this!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

They aren’t anti dancing anymore. Kelly suggested in a recent episode that Trace should take dance classes for trick riding. Kelly said they used to be more against dancing because of the way “some teens dance too close but that they have loosened up on the no dancing rule.”

And Nathan danced with Mama Jane on thanksgiving. 

With trying to change your image to appeal to the masses comes normalizing dance I guess.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

My personal rundown:

Dress: I dont love any of them, but Tori is definetely the best dressed, although i would like it more if it was all in the same colour (all white or all beige).

Hair: Michaella and Tori. I like loose hair for brides, but only if its really long hair like Michaella wore, i think it really suited her. Tori hair looked fantastic, especially because it was so diferent from her regular look, i thought she looked especially beautifull and thats what you want at your wedding.

Veil: I dont like veils, but if you have to wear them do it with your hair tied. Loose hair with a veil doesnt look right. So Tori was the best one i guess.

Color Scheme: Michaella! I totally dig the pastel colored theme, i thought it was beautiful. To be honest is the only one i actually like. Toris was ok. Alyssa and Whitney had horrid colours for a wedding. Erins its just meh.

Bridesmaids dresses: Tori, the colour was ok, and the dresses were beautiful and i liked that there were different versions but all in the same colour. The pink dresses most of Michaella bridesmaids used were very pretty also, although i dont like the light brown version the MOHs used. The rest of them i didnt like at all. Alyssas and Whitneys were not only tacky but obviously very cheap and it showed. Erins were super frumpy looking. 

Best Bouquet: Michaella. Her bouquet seemed light and happy, apropiate for a wedding. I also liked Erin flower colours but it looked too big on her hand. Alyssas one has a colour that damages the eye. Whitneys bouquet seems like a funeral arrangement, not for a wedding. And Toris i liked at a distance, but with the close up you can see the flowers have been painted silver, and that seems apropiate for a table center not for a bouquet.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I had a very strange dream where I was wedding dress shopping and tried on Tori's dress. My aunts didn't like it.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I think Carlin is going to surprise us in the dress choice she makes. She reminds me of Jessa in that she comes off boisterous and even (dare I say dominant), but she is a big ole softie at heart.

I can see her with big sleeves (either puffy or long) and something more streamline for the bottom. I think she will go with more of an smart look than a sweetheart look. 

Josie will be faux couture all the way.

• Upvote 3

Tori's dress is my all-time favorite fundie wedding dress (Jinger's is also my all time favorite). The modesty alteration was weird but it's the best one IMO. I love the way the champagne underskirt contrasts with the white lace, and how the lace contrasted with her skin. So so pretty. My only issue is that the fit/shape of the dress looked awkward on Tori's body shape. She's short and I feel that sheath and a-lines look the best on tall people. Also I don't like the belt, it's too sparkly. Also also, Tori has such a baby face and looks like she's 12 to me, so seeing her in such a fancy dress is weird. 

Overall she looked beautiful!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Because I'm bored and avoiding responsibilities, here are my dream wedding gowns that no one asked for

Designer unknown. I wish the skirt was a little wider, though, and I'll want a bigger train

Spoiler

Pretty_Vintage-Lace-Overlay-Bridal-Dress

Designer also unknown

Spoiler

598b29d083e34ccd51febda0b09175d4--weddin

Zuhair Murad SS18 (I think?)

Spoiler

zuhair-murad-spring-summer-2016-bridal-o

Designer also unknown. I love the train

Spoiler

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5eaRJHdBB6wuC63IB7

Carolina Herrera wedding gown worn by Bella in Twilight (don't @ me). My only issue is the front, I hate the bustier-type stitching. Not sure how I feel about the V-neckline either, but it looked good on Kristen Stewart, so hey

Spoiler

4542d5cab896370a21cb73cd4e3fadd0.jpg

Dress from June Bridals

Spoiler

614dd45221b5c02eed3da753d2cb5204.jpg

Designer unknown

Spoiler

183bf7e522e556880a59827ed3f4c221.jpg

Designer also unknown

Spoiler

76a2f82bdc8fd261b9d1ca20bc3e4420.jpg

I totally know who this designer is but her name escapes me right now

Spoiler

e117f98e3a4cd0ee132c6f1a6716656e.jpg

I'll probably go for a drop veil, and on most of these dresses I'll definitely want more of a train

Edited by Alicja
forgot to add something
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Oh I like this rundown via specific items! Here's mine:

Dress: Tori without question.

Veil: Alyssa because I love the manila veil though I wish she'd done her hair differently with it and left out the casual earrings that didn't match it at all.

Hair: Erin, who I felt did the half up thing best and I love the little braid. Tori a close second for the sole reason that she did an updo, even with her brothers making jerk comments about it. I don't think the updo came out that good though - too messy in the back and I didn't like the loose curls coming out.

Bouquet: Erin, I love the loose wildflower feel and the colors. Though overall I think the Duggars girls have had much better bouquets than all the Bates girls.

Colors: Michael, because I love how the colors and overall cherry blossom theme was a memento to their history and proposal in DC during the cherry blossom festival. I do think the flowers and bridesmaid dresses could be better executed though. Erin close second and Tori third.

Bridesmaid dresses: Tori again, without question. I did like Michael's pink ones and the alternating colors but she should have chosen the same style for all.

Sorry Whitney, didn't love anything about her wedding. But I can only imagine if she were married today in the UP era she would win all these categories.

None of the Bates girls have done flower crowns, I would love to see Josie in one with a long sleeve lace hippie-style dress.

Carlin we all know will go full princess and I can see her using the lace top from the dress she was pushing on Tori, I believe the second one Tori tried on. Something like this but probably a bit more modest and tulle on the bottom:

vintage_lace_top_wedding_dresses_turkey_2017_plus_size_vestido_de_noiva_custom_made_bridal_gown_robe_de_mariage_elegant_new_walkersbridal.jpg

• Upvote 3

WOW does Kelly seem to have loved Tori’s wedding she has literally been posting non stop about it this week lol 

Ok since I can't edit my last post and now I'm at work and bored and actually looking at wedding dress pictures....

Here's what I imagine for Josie - bohemian but with some sparkle, lacey, long sleeve.

Spoiler

image.png.d2270805c960fb5cbe1f40b323bc28d4.png

image.png.2bf83dbcefd5f6d353f19f2ebc579cc2.png

Spoiler

image.png.f33caae233802955d5845ae7f0506170.png

Spoiler

image.png.3f6823910a85dab7df304d1b9029250e.png

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Ok since I can't edit my last post and now I'm at work and bored and actually looking at wedding dress pictures....

Here's what I imagine for Josie - bohemian but with some sparkle, lacey, long sleeve.

Hide contents

image.png.d2270805c960fb5cbe1f40b323bc28d4.png

image.png.2bf83dbcefd5f6d353f19f2ebc579cc2.png

Hide contents

image.png.f33caae233802955d5845ae7f0506170.png

Hide contents

image.png.3f6823910a85dab7df304d1b9029250e.png

I like all of these except the last one.The last one reminds me of a bath robe.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, melon said:

I like all of these except the last one.The last one reminds me of a bath robe.

That was the closest picture I could find to what I was imagining, which would be a beaded long-sleeve dress but very loose and not sheath. Like a sleeved version of this:

image.thumb.png.19f0c164ca4d885aaaa79c5fac619f07.png

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

since Ms Josie is actually engaged now....

She is literally so freakin pretty she could make any dress work, it's not even fair, haha. I LOVE her official engagement picture dress, so modern with the mesh cutouts in the skirt. Makes me REALLY wish to see her in something like my ultimate (slightly altered neckline for modesty but otherwise ideal) dress for her (I've posted it before, but just to rehash bc I love the idea of her in it lol)

Spoiler

image.png

I think she is either going to go simple and classy, or kind of bohemian or vintage-y (less in the loose draped-y fabric sense of the look, more in the light and floral-lace sense). Fitted bodice and defined waistline, not too heavy with beading or crystals or bling. Another poster shared this dress:

Spoiler

Modest-by-Mon-Cheri-wedding-dress-TR1183

....which I think would look fabulous on her. If not all-over lace, then definitely lace bodice or detailing of some sort. Like one of these:

Spoiler

7_M603F.jpg

Spoiler

Maggie-Sottero-Wedding-Dress-Cora-7MW947

Honestly, can't wait to see how the whole wedding turns out, I think Josie is one of the fundies with the most self-awareness/vision/intentionality when it comes to her style and presentation (up with Jana Duggar, Jinger Vuolo, current Alyssa Webster, etc)

• Upvote 5

I'm really curious too to see what she will choose, since this will probably be an October wedding i hope to see a lot of bronze and fall color. I could see her in something like this 

Screenshot_2018-06-25-11-08-53.png

Screenshot_2018-06-25-11-11-20.png

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2018 at 7:15 PM, wandering woman said:

I think that Josie's dress will be the best of all. She has a great fashion sense and will go for something a bit different than her sisters' dresses. I am not a fan of Tori's dress. It was ill fitting and not a flattering color. 

I agree.  I hope she does something simple and streamlined.   All that gathered satin we've been seeing is a travesty.  And if you are gonna wear a fitted lace style dress - it has to be FITTED.

• Upvote 2

Josie has a Pinterest account (user jpbates99)...so maybe she’ll pin some wedding inspo and we’ll have an idea of what she’ll go for. I think she’ll have the best Bates dress, she has a great style. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I'm really curious too to see what she will choose, since this will probably be an October wedding i hope to see a lot of bronze and fall color. I could see her in something like this 

Screenshot_2018-06-25-11-08-53.png

oooooh i could SO see Josie in that first dress you shared, very light and clean. 

in terms of her wedding scheme/colors, I personally think she's going to with a muted darker shade of a color (navy, hunter green, crimson, etc) that suits the autumn season, with hints of blush or beige (rose-gold or bronze if we're going shimmery festive). A lot of people mention they'd watch a CarVan wedding because it'll be bright and dramatic and showy, but I'm honestly more excited to see what Josie and Kelton turn up with.

• Upvote 4