IGNORED

Trump 25: Stephen King’s Next Horror Story

Destiny

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

And Trumpy Bear is really disrespecting that flag, isn't he? He needs to be fired! Or worse.

It's getting close to November, shouldn't they be switching over to the Christmas version of that commercial by now? 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Ok. I think the thread is all fixed up now. Sorry ladies.

Phew. I thought I was losing my mind. Everyone was saying how great the thread title was and it was ‘Trump 25’.  Ok. Actually I thought everyone else had lost their minds.  Thanks for righting the ship. @Destiny.

Pence does have some crazy ass beliefs, although I don't think he's as bat-shit as Trump.   I probably wouldn't agree with any of his policies, but, I don't think he could do worse than Trump ... could he?

The one thing about Pence that cracks me up and my mother even commented on it, is how he looks at Trump.  He has that fundie wife, loving and adoring gaze, very scarily down pat!

Yup, he had to go and show everyone he's a moron:

From the comment section:

Also from the comment section, to make you feel... I wanted to say better, but maybe it'll make you shed a tear or two.

I keep hearing the term "constitutional crisis" thrown around a lot these days.  For example, I'm hearing that if Trump fired Mueller, it would create a constitutional crisis. So of course,  I googled! and this article popped up telling me there are 4 different kinds of constitutional crises.  It was written Feb. 2017, because this type of stuff began weighing on many people's minds early on.  I'll list the four, and quote a bit of text from the end of the article.  Easy and interesting read with brief examples of constitutional crises in the past.  I'm having trouble embedding links in titles today: 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/constitutional-crisis/ 

The 4 Types Of Constitutional Crises And which ones are most likely to come up during Trump’s presidency.

1. The Constitution doesn’t say what to do.
  2. The Constitution’s meaning is in question.
  3. The Constitution tells us what to do, but it’s not politically feasible.
  4. Institutions themselves fail.

True constitutional crises are rare. The Constitution is set up so that power is shared between the president, Congress and the courts, and between the federal government and the states. This cuts down on vacuums where no one has clear authority, instead creating situations where multiple people or institutions are empowered to act. Serious constitutional crises occur when our institutions are rendered ineffective, which is usually about politics more than process, and often has less to do with how institutions were designed than with how legitimate they are perceived to be.

The last type of constitutional crisis — when different parts or branches of government are at loggerheads — might be the one we are most likely to see during Trump’s administration. If Trump continues to strain democratic norms and push political boundaries, Congress, the courts or even members of his own administration could push back. Those conflicts could be resolved deliberately and thoughtfully, with an eye toward what the founders would do. Or not.

Interesting times ahead, and of course, it's never too early discuss presidential pardons!   And hey, presidential pardoning powers are broad.  The broadest.  Bigly broad.  Yuge! 

More google brought up this article from The Washington Times titled The potential Obama pardoning of Hillary Clinton? and written  Sunday, August 23, 2015, back when there was hysteria over Hillary's private server and whether she had committed a crime.  I had assumed (based on things that I read related to the Arpaio pardon) that one must be convicted of a Federal crime to be eligible for a presidential pardon, but according to this article the president can pardon at any point in the legal process. 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/23/madison-gesiotto-potential-obama-pardoning-hillary/

Presidents have pardoned many high-profile citizens in the past, and in total have pardoned over 27,000 Americans.

Some of the nation’s most notable pardons include President Bill Clinton’s pardoning of newspaper heiress Patty Hearst in 2001, President Gerald Ford’s pardoning of President Nixon for his involvement in the Watergate scandal in 1974, President Richard Nixon’s pardoning of famous labor leader Jimmy Hoffa in 1971 and President George Washington’s pardoning of “The Whiskey Rebels” in 1795.

The President certainly has the unique power to override the federal justice system by pardoning people after conviction.

However, what many do not realize is that the presidential pardoning power “extends to every offence known to the law,” other than impeachment, “and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment.”

Thus, before being indicted or convicted, you can be pardoned in the U.S.

In fact, President Ford’s pardoning of President Nixon occurred without Mr. Nixon ever being indicted for a crime

It's important to observe the Trump tactic of softening up the base by assuring everyone that the entire Mueller investigation is fake, the dossier is fake, Russian collusion is fake.  If he does take the step of firing Mueller or pre-emptively pardoning people, the base already ASSUMES people are being tried on fake charges from fake evidence, so no big deal. 

Awww, that video of Obama interacting with kids makes me want to cry.  What a beautiful video.

And it is a reminder that there is still hope for this country. It may be hidden for a while - but that part of America and Americans is still there.

Here's his latest tweet:

Yes, very little reporting..., except WaPo, right?

Third quarter’s strong economic growth could boost GOP tax effort

Oh, and MSNBC!

Despite hurricanes, economic growth held steady over the summer

CNN too, it seems.

Big Oil earnings; $20 billion merger crumbles; U.S. GDP

Well, lookie here, the NYT has an article about it too!

U.S. Economy’s 3% Spurt Emboldens Tax Cut Supporters (and Critics)

So yeah, so very little reporting... :roll:

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but if the Orange Menace’s mouth is moving, or his thumbs are tweeting, he is lying.

Even though George W. Bush was a shit president, at least he could properly interact with children. 

Spoiler

59f4a74aa3de2_halloween2.jpg.e49fe7f8dd74f21642677c786f04f5ee.jpg

halloween.jpg.5de08936e00b55651281c7d693cd58d0.jpg

14 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Pence does have some crazy ass beliefs, although I don't think he's as bat-shit as Trump.   I probably wouldn't agree with any of his policies, but, I don't think he could do worse than Trump ... could he?

The one thing about Pence that cracks me up and my mother even commented on it, is how he looks at Trump.  He has that fundie wife, loving and adoring gaze, very scarily down pat!

I’m not from Indiana, but I know there are posters here who are. One of them said on a thread that a Pence Presidency could do a massive amount of damage based off their experience having him as Governor.

So while he appears put together enough to be Presidential he absolutely has enough clout and experience to really undermine the things that truly make this country a good place to live.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

So while he appears put together enough to be Presidential he absolutely has enough clout and experience to really undermine the things that truly make this country a good place to live.

Isn't he owned supported by the Koch Brothers?  

2 hours ago, apple1 said:

Awww, that video of Obama interacting with kids makes me want to cry.  What a beautiful video.

And it is a reminder that there is still hope for this country. It may be hidden for a while - but that part of America and Americans is still there.

How I miss the Obamas. My husband and I have been saying since Election Night that this election is failed, and we need a new one, with different candidates. In the mean time, we need Obama back in the WH to hold the tiller until we get a valid president to succeed him. Can you imagine?

I keep reminding myself that this is America & we are Americans - we have been through some pretty bad times and managed to pull through all right. This is another one of those times.

Things look bleak, but we can get past this and become even better for it afterwards. We can. Look to the future. Never lose hope. Call out wrongs, uphold rights. Help each other. Love each other.

Here's a Stephen King tweet to honor the thread title,

I see the Orange Fucksicle has taken to the twitters again.  This time going after Michael Moore.

President Donald Trump has set his sights on a new target: filmmaker and Trump critic Michael Moore.

Trump tweets: "While not at all presidential I must point out that the Sloppy Michael Moore Show on Broadway was a TOTAL BOMB and was forced to close. Sad!"

If he knows something is not presidential, why the serious fucking fuck is he doing it?

22 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I see the Orange Fucksicle has taken to the twitters again.  This time going after Michael Moore.

The orange fuckwit doesn't understand that MM's show was only scheduled to be a limited run.

The orange fuckwit doesn't understand that MM's show was only scheduled to be a limited run.

One of many things in the very long list of things he doesn’t understand.

Just now, Destiny said:

One of many things in the very long list of things he doesn’t understand.

Exactly. It would be easier to list the things he DOES understand. We could engrave that list on a grain of rice.

Exactly. It would be easier to list the things he DOES understand. We could engrave that list on a grain of rice.
And have room left over.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Doesn't matter. He will take very chance he can get to taunt, bully lie about others.  When is anything he as ever done 'presidential'? Please wake me when it is January 20th 2021.  

When someone speaks like this, how can you not think there is something seriously wrong with his mental capacities?

I mean, yes, he's a moron... but, seriously, his speach patterns are not those of someone with all their marbles neatly in a row.

A prime example of the consequences of the disregard of Emoluments Clause.

Private prison company moves annual conference to Trump-owned golf resort

A private prison company has moved its annual conference to a golf resort owned by Donald Trump in an apparent bid to show its desire to align with the US President. 

Until this year, the GEO Group held its conference at venues near its Boca Raton headquarters, a city on the southeastern coast of Florida. 

But this year the company, which owns and manages about 140 prison and detention centres, gathered for the four-day event at the luxurious Trump National Doral Golf Club in Miami, the Washington Post reports. 

According to the report, GEO Group held a meeting at the Trump golf resort once before in 2007, before Mr Trump purchased the property. 

An investigation into the company's activities found the GEO Group secured the Trump administration's first contract for a detention centre reportedly worth tens of millions of dollars a year. 

This comes after the company's spending on lobbying and donations rose sharply during the 2016 election cycle, with nearly half a million dollars donated to Mr Trump's inaugural committee and to a pro-Trump super PAC, an organisation which can raise unlimited funds from individuals and corporations to support a political candidate. 

In February, early in his presidency, The Hill reported Mr Trump rolled back plans under the Obama administration to phase out the federal government's use of private prisons. 

The GEO Group did not answer the Post's questions about the company's political activities or about the costs of renting out the golf resort. 

Corruption at it's finest. And the GOP just looks the other way. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived