IGNORED

Trump 25: Stephen King’s Next Horror Story

Destiny

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I just feel like caring about minority issues and supporting Trump are mutually incompatible positions. If anyone paid any attention Trump's racism was no secret

Possibly. I just think some care about minority issues, but it is not a large priority to them? I have a Trump supporting friend I grew up with who is a business owner. He is also gay and Cuban. I know he cares about minority issues, but also feels strongly about immigration and business issues. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I don't either. But at least he apologized and the woman in the picture accepted his apology and said she didn't think there needs to be a ethics investigation. I think his career is pretty much over. If he was a republican he would be fine and Trump would be saying that the women were liars. 

Well, with that, Trump apologized for the video. So, I guess at least he apologized?  Or is his apology not to hold as much weight because he is Trump?

1 hour ago, GrumpyGran said:

I am also ready to slap him about this Pocahontas bull shit. My grandmother's grandmother was a Cherokee Indian. I look quite a lot like Elizabeth Warren. He needs to shut his mouth because he is appallingly, but not surprisingly ignorant about native Americans. Native Americans are just that. The people who were here before Europeans came to this continent. There is not a specific "look". It would be like expecting everyone from western Europe to look exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder if he gets instructions every morning on how to be as offensive as possible. Oh, that's right, "Fox and Friends". 

I think there are a lot of people who question Warren's heritage claims along with her using these claims to further herself. Her opponent in 2012 brought this up, accusing her of lying about being a person of color to further her academic career. This doesn't excuse the "Pocahontas" comments, but I think Trump is trying to discredit her.  Regardless of what side you stand on, calling her Pocahontas is often irrelevant to what she is saying.

6 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

No dear you never condemn Trump, your posts are always "yes he did this but oh look at that shiny object there" or "yes he did that but Hillary/Obama/Pelosi/Franken...".

Do all political discussions need to involve Trump?

6 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

And if you can't understand why people are freaking out I can't help you, nobody can make you understand what you don't want to understand.And nobody can fix stupid.

I am talking about YOU. Not other posters. Your comments are full of a lot of drama, hyperbole and anger. Others may be angry, but they are certainly stating that with more reason than you are. In regards to the bolded, I am pretty confident in my intelligence, but note, not everyone is and not everyone is incredibly intelligent. Some people actually struggle with this and claiming "nobody can fix" what someone is, a pretty hateful thing to say. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived