IGNORED

Jesuit Priest faces backlash after standing up for LGBT

47of74

Just now, Briefly said:

@Cleopatra7 that was very interesting to read.  You did a lot of research and I feel like I learned a lot.  Thanks,

It’s a Cliffs Notes version of a longer article I wrote for a print magazine. I didn’t post the link (which to my surprise is not behind a paywall) because it would expose my real name and because it might be seen as self-promotion.

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

therefore, in maintaining policies that uphold the scientific fact of human biology

Oh so now they care about scientific facts? Fuck off about abortion and stem cell research then.

Why do people have the need to go out of their way to be dicks?

1 hour ago, anniebgood said:

The Mo Synod, Wisconsin Synod and The NALC are about as conservative as they come. No women in leadership, no women pastors, and let's stay in the 1950's where we all belong. The ELCA has had gay and lesbian leadership and embraces diversity. Of course we are looked upon as the red haired stepchildren of the Lutherans. 

Yeah, we know the feeling in the Episcopal Church.  We're looked on much the same among a fair number of the other component churches of the Anglican Communion.

There's a couple Missouri Synod churches around here and a Wisconsin Synod church too, but most of the Lutheran churches around here are ELCA.

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Oh so now they care about scientific facts? Fuck off about abortion and stem cell research then.

Why do people have the need to go out of their way to be dicks?

Because it's so much easier (as per our own Lori Alexander!?)

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

The Lutheran church in my area is also Missouri Synod.

There's one thing I've always wondered.  That's if Augusta Gein (Ed Gein's mother) was a member of the Missouri Synod or the Wisconsin Synod.  She was a Lutheran who was rather far out there with her beliefs. 

Archived