IGNORED

Quote the Bible, Get a Discount

GeoBQn

Ugh. This place is just down the street from me. They are assholes. I took my car there once to get it inspected. It failed due to the check engine light being on (o2 sensor issues). The guy did the full inspection and came back in and told me it failed and why. He was pretty rude about it. Didn't mention Jesus, though. I've never gone back there. Now, I definitely won't.

I liked the lawyer in the video saying that while they aren't actually breaking any law, "The Bible offers many gifts . . . but I think that lube service was not intended to be one of them."

I liked that too :) I've seen the sign where it mentions asking about discounts, but always figured it was a buy 1 get 1 free deal or something similar. Never thought it would be a Bible verse lol

It's sad when a guy from communist China is rethinking his decision to move to the U.S. because of our freedom.

Around my part of the nation (middle-ish GA), the big discount is, "Bring a church bulletin, get 10% off!" I saw that twice just yesterday.

I joke that I am going to make my own church bulletin. There used to be a great church on religioustolerance.org in the ITEOTWAWKI section around the millennium. It was called something like the "Church of BRIAN!", and if I recall, had something to do with giant, rainbow-hued squirrels attacking the earth with giant burritos.

I would do this, if I ever went out to eat on a Sunday. Sunday is not a great day to eat out in the South, especially after 12 noon. We refer to 8 - 11 am on Sunday as the heathen hours. It is the best time to go grocery shopping, and to get the Walmarts in.

Around my part of the nation (middle-ish GA), the big discount is, "Bring a church bulletin, get 10% off!" I saw that twice just yesterday.

I joke that I am going to make my own church bulletin. There used to be a great church on religioustolerance.org in the ITEOTWAWKI section around the millennium. It was called something like the "Church of BRIAN!", and if I recall, had something to do with giant, rainbow-hued squirrels attacking the earth with giant burritos.

I would do this, if I ever went out to eat on a Sunday. Sunday is not a great day to eat out in the South, especially after 12 noon. We refer to 8 - 11 am on Sunday as the heathen hours. It is the best time to go grocery shopping, and to get the Walmarts in.

I'm right outside of Columbus, OH, and our Culver's restaurants just started this with the church bulletins. We're not even in the bible belt and are the most gay friendly city in the Midwest, wtf.

I'm right outside of Columbus, OH, and our Culver's restaurants just started this with the church bulletins. We're not even in the bible belt and are the most gay friendly city in the Midwest, wtf.

We must be neighbors! I drive by the Culver's on 256 on a daily basis and noticed this a while ago. My husband saw it and decided he wants to start his own church - it would come in handy at Culvers, in Alabama and now to get a cheap oil change!

I should open my own shop and ask people to provide quotes from "Glee" or "Parks and Rec" to get a discount.

We had a business man here in the Milwaukee area who built tacky, charmless McMansions, and he always mentioned his company was a "Christian-based company." For some reason, this always made me grit my teeth.

Ha, show up with a scientology newsletter

Matthew 25 would seem more appropriate: the parable of the virgins who ran out of oil.

:bow-yellow:

What if you quote Ezekiel 23:20?

For those of you who don't want to bother opening up another window:

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Excellent. :handgestures-salute:

I should open my own shop and ask people to provide quotes from "Glee" or "Parks and Rec" to get a discount.

We had a business man here in the Milwaukee area who built tacky, charmless McMansions, and he always mentioned his company was a "Christian-based company." For some reason, this always made me grit my teeth.

I often wonder what Jesus would make of people who use His name for profit.

I just moved to Iowa near the Amana Colonies and Kalona (Bontrager country!). On local commercials, I've seen ones where the commercial is completely normal, except that a Jesus fish is plastered onto the company logo. I've never seen that before. It's like the Christian Bat Signal.

I could relate to every single word of this :lol:

I could relate to every single word of this :lol:

Archived