IGNORED

Future Spawning: Upcoming Babies 8

Bethella

I don't know why they change, but it's probably not that hard. They get married on week days. Engagements last a couple of months - it's not like they have to work around venue calendars. They do their own food, if there is any, so no caterers to work with. The favorite SAHD with a camera is their photographer. 

Basically, they pick a day and whatevs'. When you pick a Wednesday, without service providers, you can change to some future Thursday pretty easily.  

I can't recall who exactly, but I know I've seen it happen plenty of times among the fundies I've followed over the years.  

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that it's way easier for fundies to change wedding dates. I also think that many fundies rush it and realize a couple months in that the wedding date they picked in haste isn't going to work for one reason or another. 

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Basically, they pick a day and whatevs'. When you pick a Wednesday, without service providers, you can change to some future Thursday pretty easily.  

Also, many of these weddings aren't held in church buildings where there would be scheduling issues. And there's no liturgical calendar to contend with, so there's really no time that is "off limits". When you're Catholic like I am, Sundays are generally out (except in rare circumstances), along with Lent (strongly discouraged), holy days of obligation, and certain major feast days (depending on the diocese).

1 hour ago, lilith said:

Haley Long Ramm (Treasures From a Shoebox, Long Way to Go) is pregnant again - due May 2. 

I see nothing at all on any social media that shes pregnant again, where did you find it?

3 hours ago, 19dageld said:

I see nothing at all on any social media that shes pregnant again, where did you find it?

It’s in Haley’s fb page ( Haley Ramm)

On 10/13/2017 at 3:10 AM, Calypso said:

She seems to just call them all by their number in the birth order. At least on insta thats all I follow of hers. For example:

Its his birthday and you cant be arsed to call him by his name??? She comes across as a better mother than a lot of other fundies we follow but jeez if you cant at least remember your kids' names maybe you should stop popping them out

it seems like she does that to protect their names on a public insta. (I think she also has a non public one). All of her pics omit names in favor of numbers.  

Yikes. So far there is no indication that Chad and Erin might leave the QF lifestyle. I hope Erin is fine and that they have a pregnancy and delivery without any complications, besides their "normal" trouble.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Everly Hope Paine. Third child, second daughter of Chad and Erin Paine. Due April 2018. 

http://people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-erin-chad-paine-expecting-baby-girl/

(Credit to @Mela99 for spotting the announcement!)

Not a surprise! They find out the sex during genetic testing, right? (Or am I confusing her with someone else?) Hope she has a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery, and a healthy baby girl.

11 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Everly Hope Paine. Third child, second daughter of Chad and Erin Paine. Due April 2018. 

http://people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-erin-chad-paine-expecting-baby-girl/

(Credit to @Mela99 for spotting the announcement!)

Not surprised in the least. They won't quit until Erin or a child are in a life threatening situation. 

And I've never liked the name Everly. 

39 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Not a surprise! They find out the sex during genetic testing, right? (Or am I confusing her with someone else?) Hope she has a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery, and a healthy baby girl.

I know Whitney did with Kaci. I would assume Erin did as well. I’d say she’s anywhere from 16 weeks (early enough to reveal sex via scan) to maybe 12 weeks.

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I know Whitney did with Kaci. I would assume Erin did as well. I’d say she’s anywhere from 16 weeks (early enough to reveal sex via scan) to maybe 12 weeks.

Oh, okay, I must've been confusing her with Whitney. I wonder why Whitney would opt for that testing. Is it really inexpensive these days? (No judgement whatsoever, just curious.)

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, okay, I must've been confusing her with Whitney. I wonder why Whitney would opt for that testing. Is it really inexpensive these days? (No judgement whatsoever, just curious.)

I’m not sure. I think there are a few available. Not sure which one they would have opted for. 

Haley is 12 weeks along. It begins at about 6:00. Probably why she stopped adverstising her weight loss products really soon :D The doctors told her to wait 3 months after the miscarriage to grief appropriately, but she didn't want to wait. 

Based on being due in April, Erin is 12-16 weeks pregnant.

15 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

They're really not going to stop until she's dead, are they? 

To be honest, I think this is a bit of an overreaction. I mentioned it on the Chad and Erin thread, but there are a few posters on this site who have the same clotting disorder as Erin - they’ve confirmed that with continued proper medical attention and monitoring that Erin should be able to have perfectly safe pregnancies. The complication with Carson's birth (placental abruption) was unrelated to her disorder and she will most likely give birth again in a hospital, meaning if she has excessive bleeding during birth she has a pretty good chance of being fine. 

I mean, I honestly hope she isn’t constantly pregnant for the rest of her fertile years and I don’t think that would be recommended for Erin. But I don’t see a real cause for concern with this specific pregnancy.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

To be honest, I think this is a bit of an overreaction. I mentioned it on the Chad and Erin thread, but there are a few posters on this site who have the same clotting disorder as Erin - they’ve confirmed that with continued proper medical attention and monitoring that Erin should be able to have perfectly safe pregnancies. The complication with Carson's birth (placental abruption) was unrelated to her disorder and she will most likely give birth again in a hospital, meaning if she has excessive bleeding during birth she has a pretty good chance of being fine. 

I mean, I honestly hope she isn’t constantly pregnant for the rest of her fertile years and I don’t think that would be recommended for Erin. But I don’t see a real cause for concern with this specific pregnancy.

We all know she's going to be pregnant constantly. This is a family with 19 children, and they make an idol out of a woman's fertility. I am certainly glad to hear that the clotting disorder is not as terrible a problem as I thought it was; I wish only the best for any expectant mama and baby. But let's face it, there is no way Erin isn't going to be constantly pregnant, and there is no way that can be good for Erin or her babies. It's going to take a tragedy to make them wake up, and I really hope I'm wrong.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m not sure. I think there are a few available. Not sure which one they would have opted for. 

The cost for the prenatal genetic screen done by checking the mom's blood has gone down since it first came out. In Ontario certain women can have their test covered by the Ministry of Health but if they are paying on their own the costs range from approximately $500-$800. It is an excellent test. It can be useful for parents regardless of whether or not termination is an option as it can help determine the birth plan. Specifically , it might be wiser to deliver in a tertiary care centre that has an NICU in order to deal with the baby's medical issues or perhaps closer monitoring or additional imaging e.g. MRI, felt echo might be needed. Additionally, knowing the diagnosis early on gives the parents time to research the disorder, prepare themselves mentally, organize their home/finances etc. 

TL:DR  the cell free fetal DNA test is a good test for any parents to consider whether or not they would consider termination

edited to add: I'm sorry I quoted the wrong quote by mistake. I meant to respond to this quote: "Oh, okay, I must've been confusing her with Whitney. I wonder why Whitney would opt for that testing. Is it really inexpensive these days? (No judgement whatsoever, just curious.)"

7 minutes ago, browngrl said:

The cost for the prenatal genetic screen done by checking the mom's blood has gone down since it first came out. In Ontario certain women can have their test covered by the Ministry of Health but if they are paying on their own the costs range from approximately $500-$800. It is an excellent test. It can be useful for parents regardless of whether or not termination is an option as it can help determine the birth plan. Specifically , it might be wiser to deliver in a tertiary care centre that has an NICU in order to deal with the baby's medical issues or perhaps closer monitoring or additional imaging e.g. MRI, felt echo might be needed. Additionally, knowing the diagnosis early on gives the parents time to research the disorder, prepare themselves mentally, organize their home/finances etc. 

TL:DR  the cell free fetal DNA test is a good test for any parents to consider whether or not they would consider termination

edited to add: I'm sorry I quoted the wrong quote by mistake. I meant to respond to this quote: "Oh, okay, I must've been confusing her with Whitney. I wonder why Whitney would opt for that testing. Is it really inexpensive these days? (No judgement whatsoever, just curious.)"

No worries! :)

We opted for genetic screening during my second pregnancy - our only other pregnancy ended in miscarriage and we weren’t sure why, so we played it safe. Knowing we’d learn the sex was just an added bonus. We got confused and never got the blood work done though, so I don’t know what it would have cost us without insurance. Whoops.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived