IGNORED

Future Spawning: Upcoming Babies 8

Bethella

3 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

I don't like rhyming names for twins. It just seems like it would make everyone's lives a lot harder. How can they tell whether their parents are shouting for Josie or Rosie from the other end of the house? Jayden and Kayden are going to have to listen very carefully at school to be sure it is their name that is being said, not their twin's.

One of the popular twin name sets listed on my link was "Jayden and Jaylen." That must be confusing. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this before, but a friend used to deal with twins as her work, and collected terrible names for me.  The absolute worst was an equivalent of Joel and Joelle Jole.  Ridiculous as single names, but as a set, aaargh!  I can't imagine starting off seeing your kids as 2 halves of a whole, rather than 2 people, let alone naming them that.

My former SIL's included a set of identical twins. They had very distinct first names (both family names, but incredibly unusual in their own right), which was well enough, but then my MIL insisted on shoehorning "Jean" and "Jane" in as their middle names. Then, she attempted to call them by both names "so that people would know that they are twins". 

My MIL was not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. 

I've always had a fascination with twins. Blame Anne of Green Gables. 

I'm always perturbed by people who name twins or even sibs with similar names, especially if they only have 2 or 3 kids. You name your 2 kids Alexandra and Alexander? Or pick 2 very unusual names from your home country that are only different by 1 letter in the midst of their name? I knew identical twins with the same first but different middle names ( think Linda Ann and Linda Marie). I also knew identical twins with unusual names that were exactly the same except one letter ( think Everly and Everby). Then again there's George Foreman...

My friend works at a Private school teaching math. Their were twins in the school once both named Jessica one had a "C" and other one had a "K". 

7 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm always perturbed by people who name twins or even sibs with similar names, especially if they only have 2 or 3 kids. You name your 2 kids Alexandra and Alexander? Or pick 2 very unusual names from your home country that are only different by 1 letter in the midst of their name? I knew identical twins with the same first but different middle names ( think Linda Ann and Linda Marie). I also knew identical twins with unusual names that were exactly the same except one letter ( think Everly and Everby). Then again there's George Foreman...

When I was a kid my family friends had kids named Michael, Michelle, and Danielle. So confusing!

At my job I see lots of names of siblings and there are some hilarious/awful ones: triplets Nicholas, Nicole, and Alexa (?? poor Alexa); Xavier, Xander, and Xadrian (the girls didn't get X-names); twins Adrian and Adriana; Joela and Joana.  I can't decide if it's just real dedication to a theme or lack of creativity.

A friend of a friend gave her twins essentially the same name- one in English and one in Irish e.g. John and Sean (but not that). When those kids are in Irish class or at Irish college and the Irish translations of names are used they will have exactly the same name. 

My twins have totally different names. I've had comments on how their names aren't alike and how will people know they're twins? They're identical so I think that'll be the give away :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Makes me wonder if the desire for twins to be matchy-matchy in everything down to the name is a relatively new thing. My grandma and my great uncle (may they both rest in peace) were twins. Grandma's name was Margaret and great uncle's name was Joseph--not matchy in the slightest. Then one of my cousins happened to have twin girls and I don't believe their names are remotely similar either, I don't remember what they were, though.

I remember in one story I was writing years ago there was a pair of teenage twin girls named Sharon and Karen. The double evil of not just rhyming but also some super cheesy word puns. They got along about as well as you'd expect. xD

53 minutes ago, AliC said:

Makes me wonder if the desire for twins to be matchy-matchy in everything down to the name is a relatively new thing. 

I don't think so, just from examples in my family tree I have Danny and Annie (born 1878) and Moses and Miriam (born 1777).

On 28.9.2017 at 7:47 AM, Bethella said:

She's only 33. If she keeps this pace (nine kids in eight years) she'll still give them a run for their money (by 41 she'd have 18 kids and if she kept going until 45, she'd hit the magic 20)

Thank you for the clarification. I thought she was at least a bit older than that. It is probably a good thing for her that she wasn't married at a really young age like Joy Duggar Forsyth for example. If she had started popping out babies in her teens she'd have 15+ now.

I don't think twin name matching is new. I have twin relatives born in the 1920s that had matching first AND middle names. Both were quite similar. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I didn't realize a Query girl had gotten married. Good for her. Can someone tell me how old she is. 

Me either! I'm not sure how old she is, but I know she is the youngest sister. And the nicest, from the few times I met the family.

10 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I didn't realize a Query girl had gotten married. Good for her. Can someone tell me how old she is. 

She is 25.

Dakota Paine is finally pregnant and due in march!! They just had their 3 Year anniversary. I’m pretty sure they had fertility issues

On 9/2/2017 at 10:11 PM, Bethella said:

Continuing on from 

Last Updated on 25 September 2017

Pregnant

Slide1.JPG

Recently Gave Birth

Slide2.jpg

Thanks to @VelociRapture for the title, taken from http://www.freejinger.org/topic/29834-a-totally-accurate-and-in-no-way-sarcastic-duggar-cheat-sheet/?page=4#comment-1432730

Rachel Wissmann Busentiz had her baby this morning. Its a girl. Named Autumn Joy

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Dakota Paine is finally pregnant and due in march!! They just had their 3 Year anniversary. I’m pretty sure they had fertility issues

I fully admit that I speculated in my head that they might be doing something to avoid pregnancy. 

2 hours ago, 19dageld said:

Rachel Wissmann Busentiz had her baby this morning. Its a girl. Named Autumn Joy

Although some might find it cheesy, I think that's a cute name for an October baby. 

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I fully admit that I speculated in my head that they might be doing something to avoid pregnancy. 

I thought that too at first but when Michael Bates posted that infertility blog post Dakota commented something like ( call me anytime you wanna talk) and it made me think that she could relate to what Michael was going through... but it’s all my wild speculation though 

On the matchy names thing (sorry for being a bit behind), I remember seeing some "popular twin names" thing and one of the options was Heaven and Nevaeh. :roll:

I do feel sorry for Michael Keilen. She's been raised to believe that her sole purpose in life is to have as many babies as possible for the Lord. She also really wanted kids, more so than some of the other fundie girls we know. I do hope she has at least one or two, for her own happiness. It must suck to be under that kind of scrutiny from friends and family. 

Michael actually seems like one of the few fundies that might be a decent adoptive parent. So maybe they could eventually adopt one day. 

On 10/7/2017 at 4:40 PM, 19dageld said:

Those cheeks!!

Speaking of Wissmans and married fundie couples with no kids... do we think Drew and Kori Wissman are experiencing infertility? They've been married for years. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speaking of Wissmans and married fundie couples with no kids... do we think Drew and Kori Wissman are experiencing infertility? They've been married for years. 

She shared something about pcos in her insta story and she wrote about how plexus helps deal with it ( ok..?) and she said something like she knew plexus helped from experience. But, the 2nd gen wissmans aren’t known for being quiverfull so idk

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived