IGNORED

Future Spawning: Upcoming Babies 8

Bethella

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom's side of the family had/has some people with "nickname" names - sort of like Billy Ray, etc. I connected it with her family's poor white Southern background. Those kind of names have been associated with that demographic. Like Jim Bob or whatever. Not that I'm trashing poor white Southerners, of course. They're part of my roots and I embrace that. And actually, my dad's from the North and some of his sisters have names like Patty Ann, so maybe those sort of names were just more popular in general back then. But certain names like Jim Bob still sound distinctly Southern to me. Anyway, I am seeing other people use nickname names these days, so perhaps there's a resurgence in popularity, as another commenter said.

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

OMG, I didn't know. :embarrassed: Sincere apologies.

You didn't post screen shots, so I don't think you broke any rules. And it's possible she went private after noticing that it was mentioned here.

A little bit of topic, but can anybody enlighten me about Courtney's background? Was she raised ATI/IBLP or VF or another totally unique version of fundieism?! I don't see her being connected to any of the other people and families we snark on. Thank you!

I love the facial expression of that Courter baby! Newborns are magic. :-)

16 minutes ago, ophelia said:

A little bit of topic, but can anybody enlighten me about Courtney's background? Was she raised ATI/IBLP or VF or another totally unique version of fundieism?! I don't see her being connected to any of the other people and families we snark on. Thank you!

She grew up friends with Kristina (the one who got engaged at Arby's). She and her husband are "missionaries" to Arizona New Mexico, where they save the heathen souls of Catholics. I don't remember much more than that, although we've been talking about her for a while http://www.freejinger.org/forum/366-courtney-sweet-tea-buttermilk/

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those names make my eye twitch. How confusing it must be in that house. So many similar names! And I bet they will just get more similar. Cole, Cale, Cain, Caylie, Calia, Carlie.

She seems to just call them all by their number in the birth order. At least on insta thats all I follow of hers. For example:

Its his birthday and you cant be arsed to call him by his name??? She comes across as a better mother than a lot of other fundies we follow but jeez if you cant at least remember your kids' names maybe you should stop popping them out

10 hours ago, Corntree said:

My mom's side of the family had/has some people with "nickname" names - sort of like Billy Ray, etc. I connected it with her family's poor white Southern background. Those kind of names have been associated with that demographic. Like Jim Bob or whatever. Not that I'm trashing poor white Southerners, of course. They're part of my roots and I embrace that. And actually, my dad's from the North and some of his sisters have names like Patty Ann, so maybe those sort of names were just more popular in general back then. But certain names like Jim Bob still sound distinctly Southern to me. Anyway, I am seeing other people use nickname names these days, so perhaps there's a resurgence in popularity, as another commenter said.

Jim Bob's real name is James Robert. And his dad is James Lee but he went by Jimmy Lee. So James is named after him (along with Joshua James and the twins have Robert as their middle name so 4 kids named after JB altogether) but Jim Bob always goes by his nickname. 

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those names make my eye twitch. How confusing it must be in that house. So many similar names! And I bet they will just get more similar. Cole, Cale, Cain, Caylie, Calia, Carlie.

I can't remember who suggested it but whenever I think about her having twins named "Cant" and "Cope" I laugh hysterically. 

17 minutes ago, JMO said:

I can't remember who suggested it but whenever I think about her having twins named "Cant" and "Cope" I laugh hysterically. 

That was me.  Glad to give you the laugh.

She uses birth order to identify because she is in a perpetual state of pregnancy brain and there are too many with essentially the same name, what's the difference? Besides, they're not individual human beings; they are all arrows for the quiver & evidence of their special godliness. 

3 hours ago, 19dageld said:

Elizabeth Munck is having a baby and is Due in November.

Screenshot 2017-10-14 at 4.52.52 PM.png

Her aunt says she's due in about two more weeks. Well that was definitely a honeymoon baby since they got married at the beginning of February. 

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm happy for her and wish her all the best. She really dodged a bullet when she escaped MaxHell on the last chance!

If she did marry into MaxHell she probably would have a couple of kids by now. 

4 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

She had a baby girl some time this week, according to Isaac Botkin's IG page: https://www.instagram.com/isaactrexarms/

No word on the name yet.

Baby girl Botkin has my deep sympathy for being born into this family.  Oh, look.  Isn't it sweet.  Look at the meme Isaac posted just before the baby pic.  I suggest they name her "Bump Stock" or "Resctriction."  Gun wielding SOTDRT Fundies who can't spell and think the NRA is compromising and going soft scare the daylights out of me.

A fundie with an already warped sense of reality and morality with numerous guns, which are all over the house apparently. And a toddler who mimics his father's gun play. 

Nothing can go wrong there. Nothing at all.

It's people like him that make me support more gun restrictions and legislation. 

Their blog has a baby announcement - the baby's name is Klara Lynn.

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her aunt says she's due in about two more weeks. Well that was definitely a honeymoon baby since they got married at the beginning of February. 

Actually they got married in mid-January. If she's due the first week of November, she got pregnant about a month after the wedding.

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

Actually they got married in mid-January. If she's due the first week of November, she got pregnant about a month after the wedding.

The got married February 8th per his Facebook.

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The got married February 8th per his Facebook.

What the hell is up with fundies changing their wedding dates? I've never known anyone who changed their date once it was announced and now we've had several fundies do it in the last couple of weeks. Their original registry was for January 14th. So Elizabeth and Caleb got married on the 8th and her sister Rebekah and the other Caleb got married on the 25th.

On 1/5/2017 at 12:07 PM, theologygeek said:

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived