IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, SunnySideUp said:

Ugh. They're at the Arkansas Young Republican State Convention today. I hope Austin doesn't have political goals like his brother-in-law did.

Wait, what? I knew I should've gone to Arkansas' convention....oh well

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I love that she's riding a dirt bike in a sun dress, that is just so, give no fucks what all y'all think, I'm having fun. It just seems so carefree and crazy.  It is good that they are getting to enjoy themselves for a while. Hopefully she will follow Jinger and delay getting pregnant. 

Delaying pregnancy? Just how? Also on the Bates blog you find the following:

"Alyssa and John Webster are continuing to build their commercial cleaning business, while raising their two little girls. They recently shared that they plan to wait a while before having another baby but that they plan to eventually have six children."

Again: How? I can not imagine Jinger or Alyssa using birth control. I  wish they would if they felt like it but I think - unlike wearing pants or not - this is a "one way lane" to use the picture from calimojo. Even natural birth control hast be against the holy "leaving it up to god". 

7 minutes ago, vienna said:

Again: How? I can not imagine Jinger or Alyssa using birth control. I  wish they would if they felt like it but I think - unlike wearing pants or not - this is a "one way lane" to use the picture from calimojo. Even natural birth control hast be against the holy "leaving it up to god". 

They could be using natural family planning and/or condoms. Neither Alyssa or Jinger have said they're leaving the number of kids they have up to God, so I don't think they'd be against that. I doubt either of them are on birth control though, although, as far as I know, they haven't said anything against that either.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:07 PM, metheglyn said:

Rachael Forsyth Tunstill. She's been discussed on FJ previously, but per the Inquisitr she is indeed Austin's half sister (yes, I know, the Inquistr): http://www.inquisitr.com/4357843/fans-think-they-have-discovered-joy-anna-duggars-half-sister-in-law/

What happened to her mom is unspecified, but per a birth announcement for her daughter, based on where Rachael's public Facebook info says she went to high school, I think her mother is alive and currently going by Julia Greenwood. So that suggests that her parents got a divorcehttp://www.themadisonrecord.com/2013/11/18/allove-rose-tunstill-was-born-on-november-4-2013/

Perhaps they were never married.  No problem with that as far as I am concerned.  

2 hours ago, vienna said:

Delaying pregnancy? Just how? Also on the Bates blog you find the following:

"Alyssa and John Webster are continuing to build their commercial cleaning business, while raising their two little girls. They recently shared that they plan to wait a while before having another baby but that they plan to eventually have six children."

1. I never said anything about the Bate's so not sure where that came from.  **ETA How is saying "planing to eventually have 6 kids", leaving it up to God?  Sounds like They want 6 kids.  You just proved my point in say they are delaying pregnancy. By getting pregnant when one WANTS to not 'when it happens' is the very definition of delaying/family planning. 

2.  Jinger has been married for 9 months and is NOT pregnant. I don't care what anyone says, they are NOT trying to have kids, be it NFP, condoms BC, what have you, It is deliberate. They are NOT quiverful they don't want elleventy children. I'm guessing we will hear she is pregnant a few months after their 1st anniversary. Jeremy has a plan and that plan doesn't include 100 kids. They will have 2 or 3 kids, maybe four, they will have 1 every 2 1/5 to 3 years and then be done.  So therefore NOT getting pregnant RIGHT NOW means delaying pregnancy.  

Or Jinger could have fertility issues, which haven't been shared.  Or she could be in the 10% of young fertile couples who don't get pregnant in the first year.  Or she could be early pregnant now.  Or she may have been pregnant and had a miscarriage.

Or she may get pregnant and have a nasty pregnancy and then stop.

We don't know anything about the JJs pregnancy hopes and history and less than a year is not enough time to make any guesses.

All we know at this point is that JJ will go a year without bringing a baby home.  (even if she's pregnant now, it won't be cooked by the anniversary).

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

She probably is refering to this style, that is becoming worringly popular

Reveal hidden contents

zara.jpg

I know I made some questionable fashion choices in the early 2000s (oh lord, so much Hot Topic, ugly chunky shoes, tattoo choker necklaces, awful greasy lip gloss, and handkerchief-hem skirts over jeans...shudder), but this is just terrible.

NFP actually works pretty well if you do it correctly. Been married 11 years - 2 pregnancies. Haven't been on birth control at all. Use condoms here and there within the fertile window. If I got pregnant again I'd be glad, but I'm not planning on another. I call that leaving it up to God :)

On 19.8.2017 at 6:07 AM, metheglyn said:

What happened to her mom is unspecified, but per a birth announcement for her daughter, based on where Rachael's public Facebook info says she went to high school, I think her mother is alive and currently going by Julia Greenwood. So that suggests that her parents got a divorce. http://www.themadisonrecord.com/2013/11/18/allove-rose-tunstill-was-born-on-november-4-2013/

How many grandparents does that child have? :pb_eek:

4 minutes ago, faraway said:

That was exactly my thought. Seems really weird. 

(And yay! I finally caught up on a thread. Now to try and speed through the Dillard and Seewald ones as well. I feel I miss out on interesting conversations when I'm this behind. It just doesn't work to comment on a thread drift that ended 20 pages ago.) 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So therefore NOT getting pregnant RIGHT NOW means delaying pregnancy.  

Oh, for Pete's sake!

Actually, not getting pregnant RIGHT NOW may be just the luck of the draw for Jinger and Jeremy or Joy and Austin.

It certainly proves nothing about them doing anything to prevent pregnancy.  Not being pg RIGHT NOW may mean that sperm has not met egg, or pregnancy has not been sustained, despite their best efforts.

Honestly, we do indoctrinate teens with the idea that they may get pg on the very first time they have unprotected intercourse.  Because it can and does happen.

However,  I expect everyone much over the age of 18 to understand that unprotected intercourse does not always = automatic or inevitable pregnancy.

Some people do have problems.

19 minutes ago, faraway said:

I was going to say it looked relatively straightforward, but then I counted again more closely. 5 pairs and a single in the grandparent list?!?! Umm...yeah, you're right. That's a lot of grandparents. 

And Rachael and Nicholas also have some interesting naming choices for their children...Alora, Adeline, Alyza, and Allove. :LOUCHE: And since Alora was 11 in 2013, she's likely around 15 now, only a couple years younger than her new half-aunt.

10 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Dating myself but stirrup pants were in style in the '60s... I remember them.

I wore them in the late 60s, too. I loved 'em!

2 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

I wore them in the late 60s, too. I loved 'em!

Never got to wear them in the late 60s but pined for them.  Wore them in the late 80s and possibly early 90s.  I forget!

Eschewing them now if they come back into fashion.  They were not very flattering even when I was slender!

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Eschewing them now if they come back into fashion. 

I remember one or two pair that must've been a little too short, or where the stretch wasn't as stretchy (I think spandex was new in the 60s) and if they were just the slightest bit smaller than they should've been, they dug into your arches so that you couldn't wait to get them off!

Didn't Anna Marie Maxwell fail to get pregnant in her first year of marriage? I'm sure there are other examples in the quiverfull world? Amy Joy of corner of joy? I remember Wendi Sanders blogging about her difficulty with conceiving. All quiverfull followers do not get pregnant on their honeymoon. Fertility problems, miscarriages, etc. these things happen in fundie land. Some talk about, some don't. Before Michael Bates discussed her fertility issues, we thought she was using birth control. Kelly Jo spilled the beans about Erin's miscarriages.  The Vuolos could be using NFP, they could be having difficulties conceiving, maybe she has been pregnant and miscarried. We don't know.

Eta: @imokitI didn't see your comment when I posted this :my_biggrin:

10 hours ago, lomo6 said:

@SunnySideUp @Audrey2

Joy also interned at the Arkansas state Congress I believe. It seems like she may have some political ambitions of her own, though she probably has to channel them through her husband and be the perfect Christian political spouse. But given her stronger personality, I wouldn't be surprised if she were directing things behind the scenes to some degree. Joy does not come off like a shrinking violet.

She interned there for one day. It was nothing more than a glorified tour. 

Stirrup pants were big when i was in middle school in the mid 80's. A long collared button down shirt, buttoned up the whole way, with a broach at the neck, stirrup pants, and a pair of flats. That was my middle school dance outfit. :laughing-rollingred:

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, for Pete's sake!

Actually, not getting pregnant RIGHT NOW may be just the luck of the draw for Jinger and Jeremy or Joy and Austin.

Okay,  I realize this, however, completely unprotected sex in normally fertile couples would result in a pregnancy in approximately 80% of women. So odds are if she weren't preventing she would be pregnant. I'm not looking to start a fight, MY OPINION is that they are preventing pregnancy via NFP/Condoms or maybe even birth control. While I don't really think they are using hormonal bc, I do think they are using NFP or barrier methods.  I also say this because they aren't acting like a couple who is waiting for the 2nd line on the pee stick. I'm getting the feeling Jeremy wants to enjoy just the 2 of them for a while, and Jinger is just fine with it.  Again this is just my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Lizzybet said:

I remember one or two pair that must've been a little too short, or where the stretch wasn't as stretchy (I think spandex was new in the 60s) and if they were just the slightest bit smaller than they should've been, they dug into your arches so that you couldn't wait to get them off!

I loved stirrup pants, wore them in the late 80's early 90's with the button up shirt slouchy socks and doc martins, or a sweatshirt but always with bit slouchy socks, unless you were "dressing up" then you wore them with trouser socks and flats.   I was a little sad when they fell out of favor. 

FWIW the Vuolos did say they are waiting a year.  I'm going to believe them.

36 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Stirrup pants were big when i was in middle school in the mid 80's. A long collared button down shirt, buttoned up the whole way, with a broach at the neck, stirrup pants, and a pair of flats. That was my middle school dance outfit. :laughing-rollingred:

Mine too!  

2 hours ago, Kaylo said:

NFP actually works pretty well if you do it correctly. Been married 11 years - 2 pregnancies. Haven't been on birth control at all. Use condoms here and there within the fertile window. If I got pregnant again I'd be glad, but I'm not planning on another. I call that leaving it up to God :)

Just want to point out that NFP does not work well for everyone even if you do it perfectly. It's great that it works for you, but it's far from guaranteed to work.  NFP work if you do it correctly AND the woman is someone who can accurately assess her fertile times. Not all women have a predictable cycle and not all women will get accurate reads from your non-evasive ovulation testers. If you are one of these women, NFP will contain a LARGE margin of error that can make it largely ineffective. 

So it CAN work if you do it correctly, but not always. 

10 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

FWIW the Vuolos did say they are waiting a year.  I'm going to believe them.

They didn't say that. When talking about the next year they didn't mention babies and when talking about the next five years they mentioned hoping to start a family. That's not the same thing as saying, "We are waiting a year to start trying." 

I definitely think JinJer are preventing in some way, as opposed to having fertility problems. They've never said anything that shows that they're against limiting the number of kids they have, and, unlike all the other duggar couples, they haven't said they're leaving it up to God, and I iirc, Jeremy said something about just focusing on ministry and each other their first year of marriage, so I don't see what would lead anyone to believe they're not preventing and anxiously waiting to have eleventy kids. 

I have no doubt the Websters are preventing, since that would make no sense, considering they've mentioned wanting a specific amount of kids and not having anymore for now. And Alyssa comes from a huge family, and has no known fertility problems, so she knows that not preventing would most likely lead to more than six kids. 

I do expect an announcement from Joy and Austin within the next few months though, since they've said they're leaving it up to God.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

They didn't say that. When talking about the next year they didn't mention babies and when talking about the next five years they mentioned hoping to start a family. That's not the same thing as saying, "We are waiting a year to start trying." 

Huh, I thought said something like we want to start a family in 1-5 years.

Whatever, I can't say I give AF!  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived