IGNORED

Boy Drowns at Fairhaven Baptist

funyuns_and_fundies

6 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

I'm absolutely cool with being verified. Thanks!

That is great.  Please contact one of our Admins to get verified. :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isee our new excessively polite friend took his Bible and went home. 

1 hour ago, littlemommy said:

I applaud you, Strange Sir. Your last post was such an exquisite combination of condescension and utter buffoonery that I cried a little. 

I salute you @littlemommy this post made me pee a little in my pants. Just a tiny bit. He really put a lot of effort into sounding intelligent. Bless his ridiculous heart.

If everyone being investigated is cleared it's only because they have influenced local law enforcement which I seriously believe after reading up on the church. This church is sinister.

1 minute ago, SadieJane said:

awesome thanks!

Yay!!!! I look forward to your input.

31 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Your "church" looks both gigantic and rich.

Oh, it is. 

Link to their site: http://church.fairhavenbaptist.org/news/camp-fairhaven-update-shepherds-week

The girls' dorm was (and probably still is) gorgeous. A couple times a year we'd have to do white glove inspections and scrub everything top to bottom. Fun, fun, fun. I guess they at least make sure the sepulchers are good and white before they shove all the rotting, decayed bones into them. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Sigh, its not even fundie friday yet and we've flounced our new friend.  What hope do I have for tomorrow?

Marvin? I don't think he flounced. Or well...not publicly! 

@Adam Case, your final post contained some of the worst and most confusing writing I have seen on FJ, and that includes a poster who was clearly experiencing some form of an altered mental state, either from drugs or a natural chemical imbalance.  Please invest in a writing class, a logic course, or both.  

False Dichotomy: a logical fallacy where two options are presented as the ONLY options, when in fact OTHER options or possibilities exist.  

You persist in using this fallacy, once nearly IMMEDIATELY after using the word "Logically".  I give this writing a 4/10.  Please see my other comments below. 

Spoiler

5967f185c9f83_2017-07-1314_37_39-BoyDrownsatFairhavenBaptist-Page8-QuiverFullofSnark-FreeJinger.thumb.png.db9d715c72983db068107d3abd1d5141.png

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I give this writing a 4/10.

4? Looks more like a ZERO to me, as in "F" for "Flunk" or "Fail."

Good job, @Georgiana!

What kind of prize can we give @Georgiana?? 

That is the bet thing I have seen on The Interwebz EVER!  I was laughing before I read the comments. I scared my kitty as I read them. 

Bravo!!  

Guys I got curious about this Church so I was having a little nosey at their website and the academy's website. 

There's a teacher listed named Meghan Case so I did a quick google and found a registry for a Meghan and Adam Case from Chesterton Indiana. 

If this Adam was the poster it would explain A LOT 

Thank you everyone!  I can only assume this is what Jesus wanted and the reason He gave me a temporary lull in my project.  I would, however, like to thank Adam for providing the idea  spreading the Good News about the "Forum Beyond" and request that we add the idea of an "after-forum" to the Church of Rufus.  It is the place where only those posters who have followed our Lord's commandments may go, where the socks and trolls are cast out like chaff from the wheat, and the upvotes flow freely with milk and honey.  

@Georgiana--What is the name of the software you used to correct that confusing screed? I had never seen that done on a computer before. :)

12 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Georgiana--What is the name of the software you used to correct that confusing screed? I had never seen that done on a computer before. :)

I use a program called Greenshot.  It's free!  

I wouldn't say it's my FAVORITE snipping tool I have ever used, but again....it's free!  It's great for basic stuff, but it isn't the best if you're trying to crop and layer.  I also use it to create my profile pics!

21 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Guys I got curious about this Church so I was having a little nosey at their website and the academy's website. 

Theres a teacher listed named Meghan Case so I did a quick google and found a registry for a Meghan and Adam Case from Chesterton Indiana. 

Yep.

And while the church has allegedly "distanced" itself from Voegtlin, you can see from that same staff page that his daughter Becky and son Jeff are still actively involved in the church. It's a dynasty, just like Hyles Anderson and all the other big fundy institutions.

1 minute ago, polecat said:

Yep.

And while the church has allegedly "distanced" itself from Voegtlin, you can see from that same staff page that his daughter Becky and son Jeff are still actively involved in the church. It's a dynasty, just like Hyles Anderson and all the other big fundy institutions.

I also had a look at their Facebook page and Veogtlin quite actively likes and comments on a lot of their stuff. Doesn't seem very distanced to me 

I personally can't wait for the forum in the Great Beyond! Georgiana that made my night! 

@Adam Case, from the moment you started implying that you went to jail it has been obvious that you are a liar. The only thing sadder than a liar for religion is a BAD liar for religion. If you are going to make up a lie about your past, try to make sure that a super quick Google won't quickly disprove this. And if you are going to lie about why you aren't posting, just go with "Watching Grey's Anatomy." And always remember, lying is a sin. 

So the church is evil and their members are liars. Well Marvin, can you do any better? Are there any other member of the Fairhaven Defense Team that can chime in?

So after a bit more snooping, I came across this bit of godly wisdom: 

Responsibility is defined as “the state of being accountable or answerable, as for a trust or office, or for a debt.  It is used in the plural; as heavy responsibilities.”

When you look at Scripture, you find many instances where someone tried to shift the blame.

In both of these Biblical examples, you will find that shifting the blame limited the spiritual life of those involved.  As parents and leaders, we must start requiring personal responsibility.

https://stevedamron.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/responsibility/

Maybe Pastor Damron and Fairhaven need to start taking some responsibility for Davion.

21 minutes ago, polecat said:

And while the church has allegedly "distanced" itself from Voegtlin,

Isn't he still listed as an assistant pastor - or is that the son?

I remember the original expose and browsed that "church" site again yesterday.  Red flags for "abusive cult" were still sprouting out all over!

Just now, Palimpsest said:

Isn't he still listed as an assistant pastor - or is that the son?

I remember the original expose and browsed that "church" site again yesterday.  Red flags for "abusive cult" were still sprouting out all over!

Jeff is the son. Becky Damron is Voegtlin's daughter, Jeff's sister and Damron's wife.

You can land-blast me if you would like but I grew up with all of the younger ones, including Sam and Butch. 

This had me rolling. Lambaste. Lambaste. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

There's a teacher listed named Meghan Case so I did a quick google and found a registry for a Meghan and Adam Case from Chesterton Indiana. 

I guess he would be defensive, maybe Meghan likes to beat children too. 

I did see a baby registry. 

14 hours ago, Kailash said:

First Adam Case was making it sound like he went to prison, then saying he worked there. I'm confused. Mostly he sounds like a lying liar who lies but what do I know? 

He was definitely trying to gaslight us. My ex was a correctional officer in a federal prison. He always referred to himself as a CO, and never implied he was an inmate, which is crazy. Lots of folks coming to the forum to mess on the carpet lately. Curious should start imposing a cleaning fee. I'm about to bust out my nail polish!

Abuse apologists sicken me to my core.

@SilverBeach he really was gaslighting hard. I feel bad for Meghan Case to be married to such a horrid man. Could you imagine arguing with that? " Meghan, look at yourself acting like a loon!I have been perfectly calm and nothing but nice to you, and you lose your temper! What is wrong with you! Your crazy! I think we need to talk to Pastor Shit Head about your behavior!" 

Archived