IGNORED

Boy Drowns at Fairhaven Baptist

funyuns_and_fundies

25 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

If you are actually buying a home or property stay out of Illinois if at all possible! The taxes are astounding and keep getting worse, while services are being cut more and more. Something has to give.

Ugh!  I'm in Illinois too. Our kids each live in a different state and they keep sending me memes to tempt us to move. We'd love to get out of here. 

I just put on this desperate tone and say "STAY WHERE YOU ARE, CHILDREN. SAVE YOURSELVES!!"  

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

That ain't no better.

Probably not, but if my husband wants to continue advancing in his company we don't have too much of a choice.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

If you are actually buying a home or property stay out of Illinois if at all possible! The taxes are astounding and keep getting worse, while services are being cut more and more. Something has to give.

Yeah, the state needs to get its crap together.

1 hour ago, EmiGirl said:

Probably not, but if my husband wants to continue advancing in his company we don't have too much of a choice.

Good luck to you! I hope for great things and new adventures. Didn't mean to be a Debby Downer. 

2 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

26 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Good luck to you! I hope for great things and new adventures. Didn't mean to be a Debby Downer.

Me either. Best of luck.

Just to add to the Illinois pile-on, as a university student in Kentucky, I noticed that there were tons of kids who go to the public universities here who are from Illinois. Turns out that it's cheaper to go to school in Kentucky and pay out of state tuition than it is to pay in state tuition at a university in Illinois. 

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Just to add to the Illinois pile-on, as a university student in Kentucky, I noticed that there were tons of kids who go to the public universities here who are from Illinois. Turns out that it's cheaper to go to school in Kentucky and pay out of state tuition than it is to pay in state tuition at a university in Illinois. 

Yep! My daughter leaves for Iowa State in a month:my_sad: Crazy isn't it?

If anyone from Fairhaven is still lurking: 

... some say, in life you gonna get what you give

But some things, only God can forgive.

I hope you're somewhere praying, praying.

I hope your soul is changing, changing.

I hope you find your peace

Falling on your knees, praying.

~ Praying

Archived