IGNORED

Maxwell 10: Following the 15 minute schedule and the monthly menu

Coconut Flan

Well, you know that Jesus certainly never swam. He walked on water. Therefore, it must not be biblical.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised Chris and Anna Marie actually let their kids get wet and dirty, I was expecting them to wrap them up in plastic or something

Gosh, Nathan and Melanie's kids are so dang rangey. Bethany is looking really tall now too, and Abby is nearly Anna's height. Neither of the parents look all that tall. 

I also wonder if Abby gets lonely, since there really aren't any other siblings or cousins in her age group. 

And NR-Anna's daughters look super cute in their dresses. And those seem better for a hot day than denim.

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

I'm surprised Chris and Anna Marie actually let their kids get wet and dirty, I was expecting them to wrap them up in plastic or something

they do that only at night when they put them away on the shelf.  (end sarcasm font)

On 6/26/2017 at 0:46 PM, SPHASH said:

I'm amazed they allow water fights.  Now I wanna day in the life of Forgotten Jesse and Stud John.

Once again the risk the wrath of Steve God. Water fights are fun, and you know what Steve says about fun.

I'm just wondering who is going to answer the IT questions from females with Anna away? I don't think Sarah has ever done it.

I'm getting an ad on FJ's sidebar for E-zekiel, a "faith-based" web design company. It makes me chuckle whenever I'm on the Maxhell forum.

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Would they be against swimming in a private, secluded pool at a fellow Fundamentalist Christian's house? I'm just wondering if Steve has flat out decided that moving one's body while fully immersed in water isn't Christian?

Swimming is perilously close to dancing.You get dunked in water when you're baptized. That's enough for one lifetime.

4 hours ago, freejugar said:

I'm guessing they weren't informed of the day's agenda beforehand. Maybe Chris and Anna Marie are too anal even for the rest of the Maxwells.

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I also wonder if Abby gets lonely, since there really aren't any other siblings or cousins in her age group.

I think that's why we so often see her sticking close to Anna. There seems to be a special bond there.

6 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Would they be against swimming in a private, secluded pool at a fellow Fundamentalist Christian's house? I'm just wondering if Steve has flat out decided that moving one's body while fully immersed in water isn't Christian?

The book doesn't go as far as to say that the act of swimming is evil (although Steve is anti-sports, so competitive swimming would definitely be a no). The Maxwells aren't really into having friends, so swimming at a fellow Christian's pool probably won't happen. If it did, I expect there would be a myriad of issues involving how and where everyone changes into what passes for swimwear in that culture. (A sidenote-- in Sarah's Moody books, the ten-year-old girl goes into the bathroom every morning to get dressed because for some reason she can't change in front of her four-year-old sister. These people are WEIRD!)

Not even in front of a sibling of the same sex??? Sweet Jesus that is something else. I get that tweens often want privacy but... not even in front of her SISTER.... that sounds insane.

Side note: seeing as Bethany got baptised at four and Abby at six, and Tina is now five, I wonder if we'll be seeing her getting baptised any time soon? The Maxwells are clearly OK with their kids getting done so young (probably encourage it knowing them). 

I hope Anna & Mary had petticoats under those wet skirts - imagine just one wet transparent layer of fabric clinging to their legs and exposing their figure to the extended family :pearlclutching:

They have a pretty impressive gym at their basement. All those bars, kettlebells, and weights can't be cheap. Doing box jumps in long skirts looks dangerous as hell, even if their skirts are stretchy. Why can't they wear sweatpants when there are just the two of them and no danger of defrauding the opposite sex???

About Chris and NR Anna's poor kids... I was half expecting to see them in those blue and red hazmat suits they use while eating. There's something about Ruthie that makes me feel she has a mind of her own, like she always looks a bit mischievous (in a good way). I can't explain it but she reminds me of Davia Waller. Look at her spraying that tree while the others are having water fight. You go girl - rip that frumper and run for the nearest public pool!

I really don't understand why they're so into using everyone's formal name on the blog. It's a blog about the family - there's no need to indicate everyone's last name ALL THE TIME in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE. 

Its a pet peeve of mine lol 

17 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

(A sidenote-- in Sarah's Moody books, the ten-year-old girl goes into the bathroom every morning to get dressed because for some reason she can't change in front of her four-year-old sister. These people are WEIRD!)

14 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Not even in front of a sibling of the same sex??? Sweet Jesus that is something else. I get that tweens often want privacy but... not even in front of her SISTER.... that sounds insane.

I got EXTREMELY private about being naked around age 6/7 and didn't want to change in front of any of my relatives. I even wanted to keep my folded underwear hidden. My grandmother would lay out clothes for me, and I'd always put the underwear at the bottom of the stack until I got dressed. This wasn't a fundy modesty thing - it just made me very uncomfortable. Although, there were some major boundary & sexual abuse issues in my house and so that's probably part of it.

There was a period of time around age 9 where I slept fully clothed. Come to think of it, I did it again when I was 12, complete with shoes, but that's more because my bedroom was beyond creepy and I wanted to be ready to run if I needed to flee in the middle of the night.

27 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

I really don't understand why they're so into using everyone's formal name on the blog. It's a blog about the family - there's no need to indicate everyone's last name ALL THE TIME in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE.

Especially seeing that everyone's last name is MAXWELL. It's not as if the daughters-in-law chose to keep their maiden names.

I want to see a day in the life of Jesse. I swear he is always either just in the background or they comment on the fact he did some type of gardening in the backyard. He is almost the missing Maxwell. 

1 hour ago, tehfanglyfish said:

I got EXTREMELY private about being naked around age 6/7 and didn't want to change in front of any of my relatives. I even wanted to keep my folded underwear hidden. My grandmother would lay out clothes for me, and I'd always put the underwear at the bottom of the stack until I got dressed. This wasn't a fundy modesty thing - it just made me very uncomfortable. Although, there were some major boundary & sexual abuse issues in my house and so that's probably part of it.

There was a period of time around age 9 where I slept fully clothed. Come to think of it, I did it again when I was 12, complete with shoes, but that's more because my bedroom was beyond creepy and I wanted to be ready to run if I needed to flee in the middle of the night.

Oh gosh. I'm so sorry. It sounds like you went through some rough things as a kid. Hugs.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:41 PM, freejugar said:

I'm sure they made the kids get completely dry before coming into the house. 

IMG_7227.JPG

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

I want to see a day in the life of Jesse. I swear he is always either just in the background or they comment on the fact he did some type of gardening in the backyard. He is almost the missing Maxwell. 

Hence the name Forgotten Jesse

Re latest family blog: I see that hair hair hanging down while you bake (Sarah?).   Ewww. And shill, shill,shill. Does anyone think Maxes are hard up for $$$$ these days, or just workin' all the angles.  Something to think about.....

5 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Its a pet peeve of mine lol 

Google searches. Remember, they have internet marketing 'geniuses' in their cult. Everything they put on the blog has an ulterior motive. It exists to make money, not to entertain or even 'share' their lives.

They want certain kinds of hits from certain kinds of people. 

Also, I figure there is some advertising at play - showing the girls off to potential suitors (of the right sort, of course). They won't ever lower themselves and ask to date or even talk to someone, but they'll put themselves out there like bait and hope someone will bite. And Steve can't have 3 unmarried daughters- Anna & Mary need to get married off to keep his image as the most godly blessed perfect father in tact. With Sarah still home and in her 30's she puts a bit of a dent in his carefully cultivated image.

Sorry about your experiences as a kid @tehfanglyfish. I was making the comment in the light of the Maxwell/Moody family, where they were probably told to dress alone/not in the company of any sibling purely for modesty reasons. Apologies if I seemed flippant.

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'm sure they made the kids get completely dry before coming into the house.

When I think about that, and the Maxwell's approach to discipline, it's actually downright horrifying.  They could probably justify doing that in some circumstance.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Anna & Mary need to get married off to keep his image as the most godly blessed perfect father in tact. With Sarah still home and in her 30's she puts a bit of a dent in his carefully cultivated image.

I do think Sarah is pretty and seems sweet. I wonder why she hasn't caught someone's eye.

Here is another a day in the life of Goofy Anna Maxwell from 2010.  Its the infamous post where they ask the waitress if she wanted them to pray for her.  ://blog.titus2.com/2010/11/13/an-unusual-birthday-a-day-in-the-life-of-anna/

Sarah loves the word twist. She hardly ever uses it correctly though (if ever). 

I remember when they wore those matching frumpers for the photos. Those photos looked much better coordinated than the current family ones where they just seem to wear whatever. They claim there's a theme (blue/orange/brown/red) but we've often commented on the mish-mash. 

This sentence is just depressing:

For now, this will help Sarah to get the Moody book written, but as is hoped, someday the Lord will bring the right guy for Sarah, and she’ll no longer be available to do what she does.

No-one gives a fuck when you guys clean the stove. Boooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg.

That poor waitress was probably totally thrown by the request (most normal people would be) and probably came up with something random just to give them an answer and to be polite. 

(Yes I was commenting as I read. Even though I've read the post before. Snark opportunities abound with the Maxwells.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived