IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

What always stands out about the supporters of John and Rea is how little they actually value children. If someone I knew was posting about death threats, the first thing I would ask would be about how they were keeping the kids safe and what the police were doing. But there is nothing asking about his children. At no point it seems like any of the IFB asked Rea or Shrader about how they were going to keep their kids safe, healthy and educated. The same can be said for Jill Rod. They get support from all these people who claim children are a blessing from God, but whose actions show like they treat them like trash. @shraderfriend struggled to answer why no one cares about the children. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, formerpastorswife said:

Granted, they did give more support monthly than most other IFB churches, so they obviously felt it their responsibility to make sure it got spent wisely. Their "questionnaire" also covered everything from making sure our clothing standards matched theirs, that we weren't watching TV or partaking in any such worldly pursuits, etc. etc. ..........

I believe they ended up dropping support for my parents because they didn't follow the prescribed rules for the timing and frequency of missionary "prayer letters" (they must be sent out every two months, no more, no less, and not dated in the future [i.e. you can't send out a letter at the end of January dated Jan/Feb], etc.)

Thanks for the explanation! ;)

I find it ironic that their questionnaire is focused on fickle things (clothing, TV, prayer letters) and not weightier matters like spiritual maturity & mission goals. :think:

Of course Shrader matches up in the clothing "standards" and tv watching department. Just not in the things that actually matter........ Ugh.

I remember John giving the pastor at VBC lectures because his movies weren't godly enough (the PASTOR, people). It was over something totally innocent he let his kids watch too like toy story or something. #ungodly  :naughty:

I wouldn't be surprised if John believed some of that ridiculous stuff about how toy story/disney proves the illuminati & is affecting the subconscious minds of children with hidden sexual and demonic images. 

Come on John, just because *you* and those like you have a dirty mind & see genitalia, boobs, & dirty words in every kids show...... :brainbleach:

1 minute ago, clearingthingsup said:

In other news...... Woah. 

Wow, so the "threats" must be his own church members asking him to resign as pastor. No wonder it is inducing such great crocodile tears...

Roderick just posted something on his Facebook as well (not public so I'll paraphrase) about being summoned to the police station & quoting 1 Corinthians 6 where it talks about how Christians should not be having legal disputes with one another. I think maybe John called the police on Roderick or something!? Or someone else called the police on John...... Please please please let John's time in Zambia be coming to an end!!!!!

I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall in that police station.

I sure hope Roderick has seen the light. He should get the church since he has done the work and has started doing the preaching.

download.jpg.d4c1a4f6d7ae8fe040bd7412de2c9fc3.jpg

If he's lost Roderick and Boyd...it might just be over. 

I'm sure he's making plans to come out of this smelling like a rose, but...saving him this time might be even beyond Daddy Rick.

Oh wow!  Things are really heating up!  If Handia's public FB message is to be believed, it sounds like Roderick AND Boyd have seen John's utter selfishness, lack of Christian spirit, and abysmal hypocrisy.  Thank goodness! Asking him to step down must have taken some bravery, especially knowing how dramatic John gets about everything.  Wonder if he went to rage or crocodile tears after the request.

Just saw this response to Handia's message, "It is about time someone showed him for what he truly is & put their foot down. He is a manipulator."  He most certainly is.

18 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

Roderick just posted something on his Facebook as well (not public so I'll paraphrase) about being summoned to the police station & quoting 1 Corinthians 6 where it talks about how Christians should not be having legal disputes with one another. I think maybe John called the police on Roderick or something!?

I can see it now:

Roderick: John, we're asking you to step down as pastor.

John: You can't kick me out of MY church!

John: *to Esther* Oh my goodness, they're threatening to take MY church from me! And MY print shop! And MY...

*runs to police station to report Roderick for threats and attempted theft*

And Shrader's Facebook goes private. Again.

Finally!  Both Roderick and Boyd have seen through John.  That is a very clear and dignified statement from Handia.  Would any of us be surprised to find out that John lied in order to get and keep Arcade in Kafue.

Well, Handia was spot on with his assessment. If John did call the police, he'd better hope Handia does not rat him out over Burundian visa issues. 

I was riding along on my bike thinking about John:

• Bi-polar like mood swings
  • Hoards to some degree
  • Lack of consideration for others, like his wife and kids
  • Arrogant, self centered and obsessed with his narrow version Christianity being the only correct version
  • Believes he is being persecuted, and not just by Satan
  • I'm reading between the lines here, but I suspect that John gets very, very angry and unhinged when confronted 
  • As Handia has noted,  deceitful, dishonest and manipulative (whew)
  • He is very successful at alienating people, but has failed at every project that he has pursued, including pastoral pursuits in the US

He is the very portrait of a difficult man.  

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And Shrader's Facebook goes private. Again.

I think it's still public. I can see it and we're not friends. 

1 minute ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I think it's still public. I can see it and we're not friends. 

It's up again now for me too  I think he deleted some stuff though.

He's closed his FB to obliterate incriminating evidence at least twice in the past.  I can't help wondering what other missionaries are thinking about this.

6 hours ago, formerpastorswife said:

If I remember correctly, I believe there was a church split years ago over Daddy's insistence on unquestioning support for John-Boy. (I believe it was about the time they came back from WA and decided to go to Africa instead.) I was married and out of the family by that time, though, so I haven't heard much since...

Wow, this is exactly what I've suspected because of the cryptic way John talks about that time and also because it's really similar to something that happened in my family of origin's IFB church. Some of these pastors want so badly to turn their churches over to their golden sons, regardless of whether their sons are capable or deserving of that. And God help anyone who questions it.

I'm also really curious about whether our circles overlap at all. 

It went private for me too, but now it is back. I think he must be deleting things. He should be worried since I don't doubt he has violated more than one law and it sounds like he no longer has any Zambian citizens who will be a buffer for him or protect him in any way.

6 hours ago, formerpastorswife said:

If I remember correctly, I believe there was a church split years ago over Daddy's insistence on unquestioning support for John-Boy. (I believe it was about the time they came back from WA and decided to go to Africa instead.)

If there were a split in Daddy's church I suspect it was earlier than that.  It might explain why John went off to pastor elsewhere for a few years although he was still listed as Assistant Pastor to Rick.  

His original Sending Church for Deputation was in WA.  Grace Baptist, IIRC.

Then he had the huge split with his Sending Church and David Rea about a year after he reached Kafue.  He lost a lot of his original supporting churches then and Daddy has been carrying him ever since.

Aw man, I so want to ask Handia a million questions about John. I really hope this it and John heads home. It'll be better for Esther and the kids.

Though, what they all must be going through now putting up with John, yikes. 

I wonder if Roderick was actually summoned bc they're investigating John - would make sense timing wise since handia just found out about it, pee his post. i.e. Maybe handia was also just called upon during the investigation. 

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Given what Handia has said I'll be not at all surprised if he gets deported. 

Please, please,please let this happen Rufus. 

Let the good folk of Kafue get back to normal. Having John boy  there must feel like a madness has hit their town. 

Another thought, Esther's tears may possibly be tears of joy at the thought of going home, being nearer to her family and having her mother's help with the children. They landed in Zambia in June 2014. This is Esther's third baby since then. (she was pregnant when they emigrated). Poor Esther is homeschooling , trying to give the children a good life, whilst supporting John boy in his foolishness and fake illnesses. The poor woman must be at her wits end. 

John boy will automatically think she is crying for him. It's always about him. Nasty man.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived