IGNORED

Contortion, ballet and juggling for Jesus

lilah

13 hours ago, lilah said:

I'd love to hear your insights some other time. 

count me in, too.  i'm just a spectator of ballet (the one year of classes i took at age 6 in the 70s doesn't count anymore), but i've read a bunch of wikipedia entries on terms, history, and even the construction of pointe shoes.  it has made me appreciate watching ballet on Classic Arts Showcase even more, so i'd love to hear what @PopRox has to say.

I watched all that nonsense with the sound off, so pardon me if I'm being daft.  Just what is the point of all this trouncing about?  What does it have to do with Jesus?  I found her performance less than meh.  If they're not already, her parents should allow her to continue lessons if she wants to perform.  I did appreciate the loud colors of her modest leotard, though.  

The Power Team!!!  I remember watching them on.....TBN?.... late at night when I was in high school and an insomniac, often munching on gummy bears.  It was so damn cringeworthy.  I was just so befuddled as to how that was winning anybody to their brand of church.  

I was pretty much crying with laughter at the towel twirling (especially when she was too close to the bushes behind her) but I also really loved how the video had to slow down some moves to make it fit with the music...

Trained Classical Ballet Dancer here. Danced professionally for a while before it became a really unhealthy environment for me. More power to her if she enjoys creating these videos; which is seems like she does! However, as far as technique.... yikes. I am, however, a HUGE technique snob. I can hardly watch dance for fun anymore unless it is a professional ballet company performing. 

On 5/8/2017 at 3:15 AM, formergothardite said:

That is who it was! I just remember sitting there wondering how this was supposed to be saving people and that it was annoying when they would mention their trip to the Holy Land about every five minutes trying to sell spots. 

Now that you mention it, I remember a guy doing this.

It seems like they are still doing they same stuff. 

Reveal hidden contents

I remember watching them on TBN when I had insomnia, first found them when channel surfing.

:TrainWreckMotion:

i'm incredibly envious of her level of fitness and flexibility, and she clearly enjoys it, so i'm glad she has the chance to pursue it.  but the whole for-Jesus thing is just preposterous.  let's all do hobbies for Jesus--knitting, coloring, gardening, dog-walking, triathlon!  all for Jesus!

On 5/7/2017 at 9:51 AM, Palimpsest said:

I have nightmares about at some point being stuck in an Assisted Living or NF and having to sit through something like this.  Juggling for Jesus, indeed, with added preaching.

Every Sunday you get wheeled to the room where the Maxwells are preaching and caterwauling for two hours. As a special treat, we have the Rodrigues family singing for you next Saturday. And, for Christmas, every scout troop and elementary school class will be in to entertain you, day after day after day. And, yes, attendance is mandatory as long as you're Poseyed into that wheelchair.

This is exactly why I am glad to live in a state that allows death with dignity. Although finding a doctor to assist is sometimes a challenge.I might have to take matters into my own hands when I hear the offspring whispering about how it's time to put mother in a home.

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Every Sunday you get wheeled to the room where the Maxwells are preaching and caterwauling for two hours. As a special treat, we have the Rodrigues family singing for you next Saturday. And, for Christmas, every scout troop and elementary school class will be in to entertain you, day after day after day. And, yes, attendance is mandatory as long as you're Poseyed into that wheelchair.

This is exactly why I am glad to live in a state that allows death with dignity. Although finding a doctor to assist is sometimes a challenge.I might have to take matters into my own hands when I hear the offspring whispering about how it's time to put mother in a home.

This is literally my nightmare about having a stroke or something where I can't escape....

But I know something worse than the Rods - Captain Brett and his blatantly unhappy children doing a song-and-dance at me, and then preaching, especially knowing the "Captain" is supported his accused-of-child-rape son over the victims of his son...

@Lurky,  it's my nightmare as well.  I don't live in a state with death with dignity though.  I'll probably have to set an alarm on my computer like Alice did in Still Alice.  She had a prompt set to remind her of the steps she'd need to take to overdose on sleeping pills.

Archived