IGNORED

Darla Shine (Fox News's Bill Shine's wife who is like Lori)

luv2laugh

I have found Lori Alexander's clone: Darla Shine. She is the wife of ex Fox News president, Bill Shine, who was fired yesterday for allegedly enabling the sexual harassment of women at the network.

She runs an INSANE ultra right faith based stepford wife blog dissing working mothers and says mothers need to be staying home. She rants about feminists and her blog reads just like Lori's. She also has a book. This lady is one of the snobbiest I have come across! I am SHOCKED the mainstream media hasn't picked this up yet!

Here is her blog post titled Women Going Back Home:

"So a new study is out showing that women are starting to leave the workforce and go back home. I am thrilled to hear this. The role of mother has been devalued in our society. I don’t understand how it every became more prestigious to drop your children in the care of complete strangers all day just so you can have a hot shot career. I have said over and over again, of course my heart breaks for any mom who is financially struggling and with no other choice, must resort to childcare. I don’t have a problem with those mothers. I have a problem with the women who are putting their career ambitions over their children’s needs. I have a problem with women working for the Mercedes, bigger house, and nicer things in life. All that can come, when your kids go to school. Why don’t you think you need to stay home while your children are young? Why can’t you just work part time? How is seeing your child for an hour a day acceptable? I am concerned that the feminist movement has put out this message to our young girls to be greedy, materialistic, and promiscuous. Looking at the young women of today such as Beyoncé, and Kim Kardashian, I am more than disgusted by their actions. If this is the example of success I say it is shameful. Where is the class? Where is the decorum? I would argue that with the feminist freedoms women have become too sexually free and are now in the same low level category as men. Don’t we want to be ladies? Is that outdated? I think not. I am raising my daughter to be a lady. I am raising my daughter to get an education, work for a while, then go home and have her babies. I am raising her to believe in the traditional roles that I was raised with. I am married 20 years. I left my career to be home. I am proud and I am happy. I cannot imagine how my life would be better if I was at the office 10 hours a day all these years missing out my children’s lives. But I am lucky to have a husband who can support me. If you have a man who can support you it is a blessing."

http://www.happyhousewivesclub.com/2014/04/women-going-back-home/

IMG_6271.PNG

IMG_6272.PNG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to be so utterly crass, but the term "arrogant twat" is all over that girl like white on rice.

Oh, dear Rufus. They're multiplying. :shock:

Tomorrow I will be attending my ungodly for realz job. So I need some dinner advice for when I get home....Hey there lady with the prom/pageant wearing black lace strapless get-up with vintage floral apron in the kitchen.  I am so confused... do I wear this to cook a canned beef dinner with peas or to #45's inauguration?

Because she's chosen to decorate with pinup housewife images, I feel I'm allowed to mention that she looks like a ferret. But not cute.

She looks like she's on something... like Cindy McCain in her prescription abuse days.  Maybe it's just bad squinty pictures.

Also, it must be nice to judge from her extremely wealthy ivory (bronzer filled) tower.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm sorry to be so utterly crass, but the term "arrogant twat" is all over that girl like white on rice.

If anyone's being crass, it's Darla AKA Lori Alexander #2 on her blog! 

I think she's inhaled too much household cleaner.

She strikes me as being  the type that  needs a lot of "me" time because of how hard she works at being a SAHM to one child and, you know, just being a SAHW to a wealthy man.  And blogging. 

I'm confused as to why she thinks working women only spend an hour a day with their kids.  Was that based off of Ivanka's stupid statement to that effect?  Hell, I work 12 hours a day and still manage to cook dinner every night, spend 5 hours with my kids, help with homework, give baths, pack lunches, and read bedtime stories.  Sure, I get up at 3am everyday, but I manage to get it all done.  It's possible to do most everything if you're willing to work hard enough.  I'm going to go out on a limb though and guess that this woman doesn't like having to work hard.

Well, if her husband just got fired, then she no longer has a husband who can support her. If they don't have savings, she might regret a lot of what she's said. Working women provide more financial stability to families. If she had a job, she wouldn't have to worry now about paying the bills. Karma is a bitch!

4 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Well, if her husband just got fired, then she no longer has a husband who can support her. If they don't have savings, she might regret a lot of what she's said. Working women provide more financial stability to families. If she had a job, she wouldn't have to worry now about paying the bills. Karma is a bitch!

Hubby will drift gently to earth, courtesy of a golden parachute.  They may have to get rid of a house or two overseas, but not the one in the Hamptons.  Can't even guess what their burn rate would be for a typical week.

Ah yes, the golden parachute! That's what I should aspire to - getting paid lavishly to leave work & keep my mouth shut. Only the 1% are ever offered a golden parachute. Must be nice.

Orangatang?  Really?  Please tell me that she isn't a homeschooling mommy. 

16 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

She's high as Cooter Brown in that picture. That can't be real.

I'd never heard this expression before, but it's going into my line up. Rufus bless you richly. :my_biggrin:

Oh, sweet Rufus, she truly is Lori's long-lost twin.   Listen to these gems: 

A lot of women are worried they can’t make it in the work world because they have been home taking care of kids for 20 years. But really, what better experience could you have? And you need to be proud of that. You handled the family budget. You raised smart, healthy people. And there is a lot you can offer the world. What is it that you always wanted to do? Do you bake? Are you an artist? Do you play piano? Do you sing? Do you write? Are you interested in photography? Your hobbies could earn you big money. What about starting a faux finishing business? I just paid a woman $800 to paint a rooster on my kitchen door. And last week I picked up homemade granola at my grocery store that was made by two local moms. And one mom I know started handing out cards that she will come to your house and take your baby’s picture. Her phone hasn’t stopped ringing. The economy is in a rut. Getting back in the conventional work world may be tough, but we moms are savvy enough to reinvent ourselves and do something even more interesting.

This is so relatable.  I am always paying someone $800 for rooster murals in various locales, so this should work for a lot of people over a long stretch of time.  Very sustainable source of income.

What's even better is that she then mentions the economy's rut...so artistic renderings of roosters, infant photography (since that isn't a flooded field), granola making, or other various hobbies are easily converted into reliable, steady sources of income, and one need never worry about retirement nor emergencies.  Excellent!  :roll:

I'mmiddleagedbutwanttoholdontomytwenties over-processed hair.......check

botox............check

nose job.....check

And that's just from the neck up.  

Since she doesn't do her own cleaning, shouldn't her blog include cute caricatures of her housekeeper, instead?

And who the hell wants a rooster painted on their front door?

Now who does this sound like?

"I eat healthy, I am thin, I exercise, and really if I am not in perfect health I don’t know who the hell is. I take a multi-vitamin, C, A, B, D3, selenium, grape seed, kefir, wheat grass juice, and flax seed oil. I eat no processed foods and my big vice is coffee and a few glasses of wine each week. I buy organic chicken, and free range eggs. Every day I eat a salad and I drink about 8 glasses of water." 

http://www.happyhousewivesclub.com/2016/07/what-does-it-take-to-be-healthy/

"Kiss your husband in front of your children. There is no better gift to give your children than a loving marriage between her parents. Cook dinner. Children love homemade, nutritious meals that their mommy made. Keep your house clean. A happy home just cannot be a dirty, messy home. Keep yourself together. A happy home must be led by a happy mommy." 

Excuse me, lady? You hire MAIDS!!!

I got to stop. She's making me nauseous:

"My book Happy Housewives came out ten years ago last week. The first day it sold 20 thousand copies. Feminist leader Gloria Steinem went on radio and called for her minions to cover my book in book stores. She told the press I was setting women back 50 years. I have to laugh because ten years later, look at all the housewives shows there are on television. I was ahead of the time. I wrote about organic food and holistic remedies before it was mainstream. I was telling moms to go on date night with their hubbies and that sex is the most important part of marriage before it was in style. The women were grateful for my message. I received emails (I still have about 40,000) of them from women all over the world. Women who were educated and women who were not wrote me to thank me for letting them off the hook. One woman who was a rocket scientist wrote me and thanked me because she wanted to be home with her babies and I helped her not feel guilty about it. I took a lot of abuse from the media in the beginning. I was booked to go on The View and got word that Joyless Behar was going to go on the attack against me for basically telling women to be Stepford Wives. I was interviewed on radio shows where hosts mocked my message and said that I was insulting to the modern woman. Well looking back I can see that I was right and ahead of my time. In just ten years we have watched the family, and the mothers go down the drain in America. I pitched a show based on Housewives to We and other networks. Of course they said no. My show would have been focused on Real Housewives who actually are housewives happily married, raising good kids, taking care. The housewives portrayed on TV today are all out partying it up, having one night stands, acting like pigs, and it is totally disgraceful. So call me stuck up. Call me a prude. I don’t care. I am proud to be married 21 years. Proud that my two kids are healthy and good students. Proud to be cooking dinner (most nights) and keeping my house clean and beautiful."

http://www.happyhousewivesclub.com/2015/08/happy-housewives-was-published-10-years-ago/

OK gag me with a spoon:

"So when you are on your death bed who most likely will be there for you, your children or your boss? I wonder how it ever became more prestigious to give your time and energy to a boss, a company, rather than your own family and your home. There is nothing more important than raising good people. It is nearly impossible to have a happy and successful home with two parents working. But what is a successful household? And what does it take to keep it all together? And what are your priorities? My priorities are my kids, my husband, my home, and I am proud to say I am doing my job excellently. It is funny how women in business can brag about their accomplishments. When I was working in television I would be proud to share my promotions, bonuses, awards, but when we are home, are we allowed to gloat? I am married 21 years, First wife on the job, my son is graduating with Honor’s and is off to Boston College in the fall, we got through high school with no drugs, no drunkin nights, and no drama. My daughter is a freshman making great grades, and again, no drama. I am a lucky chick for sure. And on this Mother’s Day I am feeling proud of my choice to stay home full time and take care of my family. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it. Is it going to be the mother or the day care center or a nanny? I choose the actual mother to take care of her own kids. I cannot imagine having to drop off a little infant to a stranger. This must be heart wrenching for every woman. It kills me that some women who could afford to be home, choose to let someone else care for their baby. You are not too good to take care of your own child. You are not too good to clean your own home. It is not too old fashioned to be a homemaker. Just look at America over the past 30 years. It has all gone to shit. And what has happened over the past few decades? The family has broken down. It is not antiquated to want to support family values. Strong families make good people. It is not better to be working. In fact just as much as career women may look at me and wonder why I am home, I wonder why they would want to work every day when they could be home? As a nation we should be focusing on helping women be home with their newborns for a longer period of time. We should be doing more to support longer maternity leave. The Feminists don’t care about any woman but the career woman. I blame them for the breakdown of the family. They have convinced women that they are worthless without a career outside the home. So on this Mother’s Day I want to applaud all the mommies. To the moms struggling to hold it all together while working outside the home, you don’t have to try to do it all, no on can, and something will suffer. Give yourself a break. To all the moms who struggle with the idea that you are ‘just home’ and feel like you are not contributing to society’s greater good, there is no job more important than yours. And for all of us women, think down the road, and again, who is going to be with you when you are on your deathbed, it won’t be your boss."

This book review contains some background on her also from her crazy book: "Shine is quick to caution that being a housewife doesn't mean having to look like one. Book jacket illustration to the contrary, the days of the June Cleaver housedress and pearls are long gone. Today's housewives are sexy. In Shine's words, "We look cute, we're thin, we're in style, and we're hot mamas!" Her advice: Eat right, exercise, take vitamins and always wear makeup. T-shirts and jeans are fine ... as long as they are tight. And no tennis shoes, please. Sandals and mules are the order of the day for "hot mamas."

She's also a body shamer:

"It goes without saying that hot mamas make their marriages a priority; they turn up the heat in the bedroom. Reminiscent of 1950's home economics textbooks, Shine says, "What your husband needs from you is for you to look good, be attentive, give him sex, be independent and be happy." Please don't expect him to pitch in with the housework. Why should he? It's the wife's job anyway, Shine says, and besides, with all the luxuries available today, a housewife's life is a breeze. Instead, she recommends that wives refine the art of manipulating their husbands (see above) to get what they want. It's not difficult: "Men are sooo easy ... if he's happy, you'll be happy ... you'll get everything you want."

Shine also advises women to "bond" with their homes and get back in the kitchen. A proponent of organic, healthful foods, she pulls no punches with those who don't share her ideals. Observing an overweight mother buying junk food, she says, "I wanted to shake her ... [I was] so angry I wanted to smash my cart into her big fat ass."

"Like millions of other women, she had just signed a three-year, six-figure contract for a morning talk show when she learned she was pregnant. Although she realized the best thing for her baby would be to provide him with a full-time mommy, she resented having to make that decision. She grudgingly gave up her career to take on her new role, merely going through the motions (accompanied by a housekeeper and a baby-sitter), until she discovered a lump in her breast. Shine believes the non-cancerous tumor was her wake-up call -- divine intervention"

https://www.januarymagazine.com/nonfiction/happyhouse.html

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Quoting Darla Shine:

I was telling moms to go on date night with their hubbies...before it was in style.

I guess that's a minor difference between her and Lori Alexander. Lori was just bashing "date nights" on her blog. The Bible never mentions date nights, so they aren't going to help anybody! 

If Darla Shine is so happy and fulfilled being a housewife, why is she so bitter towards women who have made different choices for their lives? If she had a healthy sense of self-esteem, she wouldn't have to rant at women who work outside the home, or beg the world to approve of her life choices, because she'd be content with knowing that she is doing what she feels is best for her and her family. 

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'd never heard this expression before, but it's going into my line up. Rufus bless you richly. :my_biggrin:

The original expression is 'Drunker than Cooter Brown.' Cooter Brown being a figure of myth and legend during the Civil War. He was allegedly from a border state and had loved ones on both sides of the conflict, but avoided taking a stand on either side by being habitually drunk for the entirety of the conflict.

Archived