IGNORED

Donald Trump and his Coterie of the Craven (part 16)

Destiny

Do they want Gilead? Cos fucking with the Johnson Amendment is how you get Gilead! I feel compelled to point out to these assholes yet again that The Handmaid's Tale is not a god damned how to manual! ARGH!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Do they want Gilead? Cos fucking with the Johnson Amendment is how you get Gilead! I feel compelled to point out to these assholes yet again that The Handmaid's Tale is not a god damned how to manual! ARGH!

I'm about to give up on organized religion altogether.  It's seems most churches now are a force for evil rather than any good at all.

Oh no! :pb_surprised:

I have no words. I don't know what to say to you guys right now. I feel so, so bad for you. :shakehead2:

I honestly can't decide which I'm more angry about: the ACA vote that is gonna kill people, or the fucking with the Johnson amendment that I firmly believe is going to give the fucking religious nutbars even more power. RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it. Why this time does the healthcare bill not need to be reviewed by the Budget Office?  

16 minutes ago, Fascinated said:
I don't get it. Why this time does the healthcare bill not need to be reviewed by the Budget Office?  

Because they are the party in power and they will do what they want and cos fuck you that's why?

Seriously, separate from my obvious disagreement with this bill, how is that even legal?

37 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I honestly can't decide which I'm more angry about: the ACA vote that is gonna kill people, or the fucking with the Johnson amendment that I firmly believe is going to give the fucking religious nutbars even more power. RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

What they don't understand, though, is that mainline churches that believe in Christian principles can also talk to their congregations about things the Conservative Christians are against. You know, things like immigration, healthcare, workforce pay, gender equality, marriage equality, and others. As much as I disagree with messing with the Johnson amendment, this sounds like a way to develop and energize a religious left. It's not just white evangelicals, now African American pastors can get very political in their church services, and I strongly doubt they'll favor Ryan, McConnell, Webster, or many others who paint themselves with a religious brush.

15 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I don't think Paul Ryan gave them time to review it. He was looking to force this through as quickly as possible with as little notice as possible. Less time for the opposition to mobilize. 

So, congratulations Paul Ryan! You really showed everyone that you won't stand for helping any of those uppity pregnant women, special education students, the elderly, those with preexisting conditions, SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIMS...

Remind me again which party is pro-life? Cause I'm starting to think it's actually the Democrats - you know, the ones who didn't vote for this monstrosity that could end up seeing countless people uninsured, sick, or dead.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

REMIND ME AGAIN WHICH PARTY IS PRO-LIFE? CAUSE I'M STARTING TO THING IT'S ACUTALLY THE DEMOCRATS - YOU KNOW, THE ONES WHO DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS MONSTROSITY THAT COULD END UP SEEING COUNTLESS PEAOPLE UNINSURED, SICK, OR DEAD.

I'm quoting this because it is so true it needs to be said twice. Bolded. Preferably in ALL CAPS. And blue  - certainly not red!

Fucking hypocrites.

@audrey2 I sincerely hope you are right, but I really really dislike giving religion any more power in our lives.

I really hope the Senate votes it down. For a lot of reasons. But the biggest for me is that I've come to realize I really do want a second child. Considering my history (miscarriage, really bad morning sickness, premature birth, and a NICU stay) I don't know if it would be a financially safe decision under Trumpcare.

And it kills me to write that. I live in Connecticut. My husband gets insurance through his employer. That employer is based only in this state and wouldn't have the option of offering less essential benefits than the state demands for that reason. We have the money saved between savings, our HSA, and our retirement accounts to pay for another pregnancy and birth identical to the one I had last year. It would wipe us out almost entirely, but we could make it work. I shouldn't really have to worry about another pregnancy and birth... And yet, I'm still really scared of having another baby if this becomes law. :( 

Found this on a friend's Facebook page.  I had no idea!

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/05/under-new-healthcare-bill-rape-is-a-pre-existing-condition.html

An amendment in the GOP health-care-reform bill will allow states to deny coverage for preexisting conditions, including sexual assault.

Pre-Obamacare rape survivors who sought treatment for their injuries could be denied health care later on. Under Obamacare, preexisting conditions were guaranteed to receive coverage — among them, sexual assault. The American Health Care Act is going to change that.

The new MacArthur-Meadows Amendment will allow states to discriminate based on medical history, reportedly without addressing the subsequent high cost of health care for millions of Americans.

In addition to rape, postpartum depression, cesarean sections, and surviving domestic violence are all considered preexisting conditions. Companies can also deny coverage for gynecological services and mammograms.

President Trump, who thinks Bill O’Reilly has done nothing wrong, has a litany of sexual harassment claims against him, and is responsible for the quote “grab ’em by the pussy,” tweeted that he will “[take] care of pre-existing conditions!”

The amendment also reads, “Nothing in this Act shall be construed as permitting health insurance issuers to discriminate in rates for health insurance coverage by gender.”

Maybe Ivanka will stand up this time and explain that the majority of people who get pregnant, are domestically abused, or are raped are women.

At least, my House member isn't an asshole as he voted No on this bill. I'm also glad that living in California means that both of my Senators will do what they can to defeat it as well. Unfortunately, some of House districts here have those assholes who voted yes, because FUCK YOU to the rest of us.

To those who supported this:17626610_10211158827960903_3127004911055779836_n.jpg.a72412532d1d5db98edb8d9559f18ff0.jpg

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

What they don't understand, though, is that mainline churches that believe in Christian principles can also talk to their congregations about things the Conservative Christians are against. You know, things like immigration, healthcare, workforce pay, gender equality, marriage equality, and others. As much as I disagree with messing with the Johnson amendment, this sounds like a way to develop and energize a religious left. It's not just white evangelicals, now African American pastors can get very political in their church services, and I strongly doubt they'll favor Ryan, McConnell, Webster, or many others who paint themselves with a religious brush.

Well, I hope that it will be used by all sorts of religious leaders, but it's not even thinly veiled that it's to benefit white evangelicals.

At least the Senate rules require the deathcare bill get scored through the CBO. From this article:

Additionally, members of the House voted on their bill before they received a score from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which measures how much the legislation would cost and how many people stand to lose coverage under it. Senate budget rules require a CBO score, and that proves the legislation will not increase the deficit after 10 years. the Senate parliamentarian can’t even start reviewing the AHCA without a score from the CBO,which is expected to take several weeks.

From the same article, Davey Douchecanoe just had to weigh in:

“If they revise it, there’s no way,” Rep. Dave Brat (R-Va.), another Freedom Caucus member, said earlier this week. Brat refused to support the Ryan bill until provisions were added for states to opt out of more insurance regulations.

“Have you been watching for the last few months how tight this is, and you’re going to shift this one or the other?” Brat said. “Good luck. You don’t have to be Einstein to game theory that one.”

57 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

At least, my House member isn't an asshole as he voted No on this bill. I'm also glad that living in California means that both of my Senators will do what they can to defeat it as well. Unfortunately, some of House districts here have those assholes who voted yes, because FUCK YOU to the rest of us.

To those who supported this:17626610_10211158827960903_3127004911055779836_n.jpg.a72412532d1d5db98edb8d9559f18ff0.jpg

I don't think a single Rep from Connecticut voted for it. Thankfully. And both Senators (Blumenthal and Murphy) have zero chance of ever voting for this.

Anyone curious, check here to see how people voted. Anyone else think someone needs to identify at risk Republicans who voted yes? I think husband and I may just be happy to donate to some of their next political opponents.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/04/us/politics/house-vote-republican-health-care-bill.html?_r=0

2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

@VelociRapture - Good idea!! I live in a reliably blue state, so donating to whoever runs doesn't feel like much. 

I'm thinking Paul Ryan needs to top any list made. Not because I think his job is at risk, but because I'd love to see him cry over how unfair it is to be voted out of the job. His tears sustain my soul.

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't think a single Rep from Connecticut voted for it. Thankfully. And both Senators (Blumenthal and Murphy) have zero chance of ever voting for this.

Anyone curious, check here to see how people voted. Anyone else think someone needs to identify at risk Republicans who voted yes? I think husband and I may just be happy to donate to some of their next political opponents.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/04/us/politics/house-vote-republican-health-care-bill.html?_r=0

I'm guessing my fornicate stick of a Representative voted for it.  I know for damn sure the House's Resident Dipshit Steve King voted for hit, and he was being a Nazi out loud about it on Twitter.

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm thinking Paul Ryan needs to top any list made. Not because I think his job is at risk, but because I'd love to see him cry over how unfair it is to be voted out of the job. His tears sustain my soul.

Now all I want is for him to cry.

Yeah my fornicate stick of a representative voted for this piece of feces.

In other news according to the ACLU the whole thing about religious freedom was a photo op for fornicate head in chief;

aclu.org/news/aclu-statement-so-called-religious-freedom-executive-order

After careful review of the executive order covering the Johnson Amendment signed by President Trump today, the American Civil Liberties Union has determined not to file a lawsuit at this time.

American Civil Liberties Union Executive Director Anthony D. Romero issued the following statement:

“Today’s executive order signing was an elaborate photo-op with no discernible policy outcome. After careful review of the order’s text we have determined that the order does not meaningfully alter the ability of religious institutions or individuals to intervene in the political process. The order portends but does not yet do harm to the provision of reproductive health services.

“President Trump’s prior assertion that he wished to ‘totally destroy’ the Johnson Amendment with this order has proven to be a textbook case of ‘fake news.’

@47of74 that makes me feel so much better. I hadn't had a chance to look at their site yet today. Thank you!

@47of74 that makes me feel so much better. I hadn't had a chance to look at their site yet today. Thank you!

2 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Oh, wouldn't that be a sight to behold!

A march of resistance against AHCA consistent of protesters ringing bells and crying SHAME at all the GOPers who voted for it!

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

You're welcome! :) 

I'm an Episcopalian so I don't have to worry about that kind of bullshit at my church.  I left the Roman church because of all the Republican bullshit the Bishops were spewing, especially idiots like Bishop Jenky of Peoria (the one that compared President Obama to Hitler).  It was the best thing I ever did too, I just wish I had done it years ago instead of staying in the Roman church as long as I did.

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh, wouldn't that be a sight to behold!

A march of resistance against AHCA consistent of protesters ringing bells and crying SHAME at all the GOPers who voted for it!

As long as it doesn't involve Republicans being made to march through the streets in their birthday suits.  My stomach is churning just thinking about that.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived