IGNORED

The Golden Couple (Ivanka and Jared)

GreyhoundFan

So it turns out Jared and Ivanka were partying in the Hamptons with George Soros, Chuck Schumer, half of the Koch brothers and other various extraordinarily wealthy politically connected types. I'm sure they all had a good laugh about the plebs who think they're enemies. 

DD_6NW2UIAE70sP.jpg-large.jpg

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ivanka Trump responds to Wall Street Journal editorial"

Spoiler

First daughter and presidential adviser Ivanka Trump penned a response to a Wall Street Journal editorial titled “The Ivanka Entitlement” that called her paid leave plan messy, arguing in her letter that the plan would benefit women nationwide.

In the letter, published Tuesday in the Journal, Trump defended the plan and argued that the greater presence of women in the workforce would buoy the economy.

“By now, many are familiar with the benefits of paid family leave: healthier children and parents in more tightly bonded families, greater financial stability and stronger attachment to the labor force are among the most important,” Trump wrote.

She also said the policy would support both mothers and fathers to encourage greater equality at home and at work. Trump emphasized that she still does not believe government benefits should substitute for private-sector investments and said the paid-leave benefits plan could serve as a foundation for the private sector to build on.

Trump added, however, that any plan should have "a reasonable time limit and benefit cap."

The initial Wall Street Journal editorial, published on May 25, argued that her plan would fund leave for people who did not need the financial assistance.

Um, does anyone here think Ivanka actually cares about any family other than her own?

23 minutes ago, milkteeth said:

So it turns out Jared and Ivanka were partying in the Hamptons with George Soros, Chuck Schumer, half of the Koch brothers and other various extraordinarily wealthy politically connected types. I'm sure they all had a good laugh about the plebs who think they're enemies. 

Kellyanne Conway on the dance floor?  Pass.

50 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Kellyanne Conway on the dance floor?  Pass.

I seriously can't imagine Kellyanne dancing at some fancy Hamptons party. I could maybe see her at a mosh pit since she has so much rage in side of her. At least she managed not to punch anyone this time...

22 minutes ago, milkteeth said:

I seriously can't imagine Kellyanne dancing at some fancy Hamptons party. I could maybe see her at a mosh pit since she has so much rage in side of her. At least she managed not to punch anyone this time...

I envision her dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld.

8 hours ago, milkteeth said:

Is that the entire menu? Nothing to drink but champagne, and no vegetables to go along with the filet or fried chicken? No entree selections for vegan or vegetarian guests? Except for the champagne and rare filet, it sounds like a menu that many toddlers would enjoy.

6 hours ago, JMarie said:

I envision her dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld.

Heh, definitely!

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Ivanka Trump responds to Wall Street Journal editorial"

Hide contents

First daughter and presidential adviser Ivanka Trump penned a response to a Wall Street Journal editorial titled “The Ivanka Entitlement” that called her paid leave plan messy, arguing in her letter that the plan would benefit women nationwide.

In the letter, published Tuesday in the Journal, Trump defended the plan and argued that the greater presence of women in the workforce would buoy the economy.

“By now, many are familiar with the benefits of paid family leave: healthier children and parents in more tightly bonded families, greater financial stability and stronger attachment to the labor force are among the most important,” Trump wrote.

She also said the policy would support both mothers and fathers to encourage greater equality at home and at work. Trump emphasized that she still does not believe government benefits should substitute for private-sector investments and said the paid-leave benefits plan could serve as a foundation for the private sector to build on.

Trump added, however, that any plan should have "a reasonable time limit and benefit cap."

The initial Wall Street Journal editorial, published on May 25, argued that her plan would fund leave for people who did not need the financial assistance.

Um, does anyone here think Ivanka actually cares about any family other than her own?

She's the best double-speaker of all of them. I can see how simple-minded folk might think she actually said something there. Carefully crafted wording and phrases. But all she's really saying is "Wouldn't it be nice if rich people like me stepped up and helped out you poor people? Maybe someone will come forward. Ho-hum. Oh, well, got to go, heading out to the Hamptons!"

18 hours ago, milkteeth said:

Just more proof that Trump's kids are nothing more than your average, boring spoiled rich kids.

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Just more proof that Trump's kids are nothing more than your average, boring spoiled rich kids.

I don't know if you've ever seen the documentary, "Born Rich". I was only able to watch part of it before wanting to throw something at the TV, but Ivanka is one of the featured rich kids. She totally sounds like a Valley Girl...totally. It would take effort to sound more vapid.

@GreyhoundFan, omfg, that was painful!  and boring.  i had to keep skipping forward because she had so little to say, but still rambled on.  but then, she still does that now.

@catlady -- I so agree, it was terribly painful. I can't imagine being forced to spend more than 10 seconds listening to her daily.

I saw an interview with her once.  She was pretentious beyond belief with an inflated opinion of herself.  It was pathetic.  She wouldn't know humble if it smacked her upside the head.

Ivanka Trump Briefly Stepped in for Her Father at a G20 Meeting and People Are Not Happy

Spoiler

Some are saying it was inappropriate for Ivanka Trump to step in for her father at a G20 Summit meeting, but German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the First Daughter didn't do anything wrong.

Merkel said Saturday that it is common for delegations to choose other people to sit in on meetings in place of their respective leaders, according to the Associated Press.

“Ivanka Trump belonged to the American delegation, so that is in line with what other delegations do. And it is known that she works at the White House and carries responsibility for certain initiatives," Merkel said.

Ivanka briefly took President Donald Trump's seat at an official G20 event when he stepped out of the room. Photographs show her sitting in between Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

The swap prompted backlash on social media.

One of former President Barack Obama's former advisors tweeted, "Sort of the whole point of America was that governmental authority was bestowed by the people not by birth."

"The G20 is not Take Your Daughter to Work day" :pb_lol:

I wonder if she was sent in to replace him 'after he stepped out the room' because he was sundowning again...

@fraurosena -- maybe she had to step in because he had to catch up on Faux News. The WaPo published some good reactions.  Of course Fredo I (Donnie junior) had to step in and be even more stupid than usual on twitter. His response is in the article.

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@fraurosena -- maybe she had to step in because he had to catch up on Faux News. The WaPo published some good reactions.  Of course Fredo I (Donnie junior) had to step in and be even more stupid than usual on twitter. His response is in the article.

How interesting that the only reason we know about her stepping in is because of a Russian leak.

:GPn0zNK:

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He just wants to travel around the world on The Candy Plane (AKA Air Force One), on the taxpayers' dime, like his sister does.

I want these arrogant grifters dispatched to that deserted island we talk about ASAP! :angry-cussingblack:

I WISHHHH Obama tried this with Malia cause we all know faux news would have been up in arms.

Obviously this man pisses me off to no end, but this really got me mad when I saw it online. Where the fuck was his cabinet members like Tilerson or Matthis?!

Ivanka makes me stabby. That is all.

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I want these arrogant grifters dispatched to that deserted island we talk about ASAP! :angry-cussingblack:

That picture, wth? She doesn't look thrilled to be there. And what is up with those huge freaking bows on her sleeves? No-sleeveless overkill?

Hey, Ivanka, here's a tip: if you want to try to fake professional, dress like a professional.

4 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

And what is up with those huge freaking bows on her sleeves? No-sleeveless overkill?

Ivanka thought the dress was a bit too plain, so she stopped off at a church that was preparing for a wedding and stole two of the pew bows. :kitty-wink:

5 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Hey, Ivanka, here's a tip: if you want to try to fake professional, dress like a professional.

Yeah, you need to know what a professional is, before you can even attempt to fake it. She's just a priviledged, arrogant rich kid who wouldn't know what professional was if it hit her in the face. She takes just after her daddy in that regard.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Ivanka thought the dress was a bit too plain, so she stopped off at a church that was preparing for a wedding and stole two of the pew bows. :kitty-wink:

Maybe she could take the next step and borrow some flower headbands from the Bates family granddaughters. That would add some "oomph". :pb_biggrin:

7 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

That picture, wth? She doesn't look thrilled to be there. And what is up with those huge freaking bows on her sleeves? No-sleeveless overkill?

And she's sitting when nobody else is.  Much like her father in this pic https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/883474845786284032/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freejinger.org%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgoldengateblond%2Fstatus%2F883474845786284032

Why does nobody want to sit with the Trumps?  {sarcasm}

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived