IGNORED

The Golden Couple (Ivanka and Jared)

GreyhoundFan

I know many people don't like Bill Maher, but I love his "New Rules" about Jared. Put under a spoiler, because it's NSFW.

My favorite line, about Kislyak, "this guy is recorded so much, he's up for a Grammy."

Spoiler

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww... Ivanka's fee-fee's hurt because everyone's so vicious.

Ivanka Trump opens up about ‘viciousness’ that has surrounded her father’s administration

IVANKA Trump has opened up in a candid television interview, admitting she was “blindsided” by the “viciousness” that has dogged her father’s administration.

Appearing on Fox & Friends, the former fashion model was asked how she was impacted by the Russia investigation and other issues that have plagued Donald Trump’s administration.

“It is hard and there’s a level of viciousness that I was not expecting. I was not expecting the intensity of this experience, but this isn’t supposed to be easy. My father and this administration intends to be transformative and we want to do big, bold things and we’re looking to change the status quo so I didn’t expect it to be easy.

Oh yes, he intends to be transformative and do big, bold things. Like kicking 23 million people out of healthcare, obliterating EPA and Paris-deal regulations, giving massive tax-breaks to the top 1% richest at the cost of the poorest, decimating education, selling arms to Saudi Arabia so they can keep up the civil war in Yemen, ignore the emoluments clause left, right and center, obstruct justice, give highly sensitive and classified information to the Russians, visit his properties and go golfing, and last but not least, tweet until his tiny fingers drop off.

Ms Trump told host Brian Kilmeade that she was doing her best to ignore the distractions and focus on the task at hand.

“For me, I’m just trying to keep my head down, not listen to the noise and just work really hard to make a positive impact on the lives of many people,” she said.

“I mean, if you want to at the end of the day, if you want to think about difficult, it’s the factory worker who has been laid off. Difficult is, you know, the mother who has lost a child to opioid abuse.”

Hmmm. Would that be because your products are being made by exploited Chinese factory workers, perchance?

Speaking on her recent trip to Israel, Ms Trump said it was an “unbelievable” experience.

“I feel blessed and privileged to have been there,” she said.

“It was deeply personal for me, as you know standing at the Western Wall in a moment of privacy because it was really just us ... it was beyond special.”

Because privacy is having your picture taken by dozens of photographers, while you pretend to be reverently praying to the wall you are touching. 

Please.  The one policy she's suggested was nothing more than a tax break for rich people and did nothing to help poor and middle class individuals afford good childcare.  The only big things the Trumps have planned are those that line their own pockets.  Her little act doesn't fool me.

"The 2 big questions Ivanka Trump wouldn’t answer on ‘Fox & Friends’"

Spoiler

Ivanka Trump on Monday breezed through the first of two interviews this week on “Fox & Friends” (the second airs Thursday) with her characteristic poise and perpetual smile. But there were a couple of big questions she would not answer — not in any substantial way, at least.

Both came from Brian Kilmeade, the most likely among the show's three co-hosts to ask real questions. This being “Fox & Friends,” however, there were no follow-ups.

After some opening small talk, Kilmeade broached the subject of last week's congressional testimony by former FBI director James B. Comey. This was the ensuing exchange:

KILMEADE: What did you think? What do you think came out of that? Where did you watch it? What do you think emerged?

TRUMP: Well, my father felt very vindicated in all the statements that he's been making and feels incredibly optimistic. But, you know, at the White House and throughout the administration, we were incredibly focused on the reason we all went to Washington and what we're fighting for. So, last week — while it didn't get the level of headlines, will ultimately have a much more important impact — was infrastructure week, focusing on the commitment to rebuild this country, rebuild rural locations which have fallen into great disrepair, repair our waterways, air traffic control. So there were a series of very important and big and far-reaching initiatives on infrastructure.

Trump went on to talk about workforce development — the White House's theme for this week — and ignoring the “noise” of media coverage.

This was a masterful pivot from an unfavorable subject to a better one. But rewind to the first sentence of Trump's response and notice how she answered for the way her father felt, even though she was asked for her own thoughts.

It's not too hard to figure out what was going on here. Trump knows as well as anyone that Thursday was not a good day for the president. Sure, Comey confirmed telling President Trump on three occasions that he was not personally under FBI investigation, but the former director's testimony was sharply critical, on balance. Comey accused the president of lying and of inappropriately trying to quash an FBI probe of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

To say that President Trump was vindicated by Comey's testimony is such a stretch that Ivanka Trump wouldn't say it in her own words. In fact, she declined to share any of her own words about the Comey hearing. Instead, she paraphrased one of her dad's tweets before changing the subject.

The second question Ivanka Trump dodged was about her husband, fellow White House adviser Jared Kushner: Can you say unequivocally that there was nothing illegal or inappropriate about Jared's meetings with a Russian banker and ambassador?

I'm totally kidding. “Fox & Friends” didn't bring that up, you silly goose. But Kilmeade did ask about reported infighting at the White House, most notably between Kushner and chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

KILMEADE: What about the talk of Jared clashing with the inside? Is any of that true?

TRUMP: There is a 24-hour news cycle that gets fed by and is encouraged by lots of salacious details. But, at the end of the day, we're all focused on the work, and that's very true for Jared. So, he, you know, he's somebody who just likes to get things done. So, he doesn't get involved in, sort of, all of that.

That wasn't a direct answer, and it certainly wasn't a “no.” Trump gently scolded the media for covering palace intrigue without actually denying the “salacious details.”

She didn't even try to convince viewers that Kushner's relationship with Bannon is better than press accounts indicate.

Typical non-answers from the golden child.

Ok, did anything actually get done during "Infrastructure Week?" And how sweet of Fox to have her on twice this week! Let's bring beautiful Ivanka out to distract the viewers from what will predictably be another week of disasters. She's the ultimate shiny thing.

But she has managed to drag her gilded ass out of Daddy's dog house. Guess she left Jared there.

Shut up, mean girl.

16 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Ok, did anything actually get done during "Infrastructure Week?"

Well, they did that proposal to sell off air traffic control. Other than that, I didn't see any major infrastructure initiatives.

Can I just say how reassuring it is that there are others who share my loathing of Ivanka et al?

Based on her answers in the interview above, she certainly seems much smoother (oilier? ) at the political sidestepping answers than her father. She definitely knows how to stay on message better than he ever does. I shouldn't be surprised at weasel words from the ultimate weasel family. 

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"The 2 big questions Ivanka Trump wouldn’t answer on ‘Fox & Friends’"

Reveal hidden contents

Ivanka Trump on Monday breezed through the first of two interviews this week on “Fox & Friends” (the second airs Thursday) with her characteristic poise and perpetual smile. But there were a couple of big questions she would not answer — not in any substantial way, at least.

Both came from Brian Kilmeade, the most likely among the show's three co-hosts to ask real questions. This being “Fox & Friends,” however, there were no follow-ups.

After some opening small talk, Kilmeade broached the subject of last week's congressional testimony by former FBI director James B. Comey. This was the ensuing exchange:

KILMEADE: What did you think? What do you think came out of that? Where did you watch it? What do you think emerged?

TRUMP: Well, my father felt very vindicated in all the statements that he's been making and feels incredibly optimistic. But, you know, at the White House and throughout the administration, we were incredibly focused on the reason we all went to Washington and what we're fighting for. So, last week — while it didn't get the level of headlines, will ultimately have a much more important impact — was infrastructure week, focusing on the commitment to rebuild this country, rebuild rural locations which have fallen into great disrepair, repair our waterways, air traffic control. So there were a series of very important and big and far-reaching initiatives on infrastructure.

Trump went on to talk about workforce development — the White House's theme for this week — and ignoring the “noise” of media coverage.

This was a masterful pivot from an unfavorable subject to a better one. But rewind to the first sentence of Trump's response and notice how she answered for the way her father felt, even though she was asked for her own thoughts.

It's not too hard to figure out what was going on here. Trump knows as well as anyone that Thursday was not a good day for the president. Sure, Comey confirmed telling President Trump on three occasions that he was not personally under FBI investigation, but the former director's testimony was sharply critical, on balance. Comey accused the president of lying and of inappropriately trying to quash an FBI probe of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

To say that President Trump was vindicated by Comey's testimony is such a stretch that Ivanka Trump wouldn't say it in her own words. In fact, she declined to share any of her own words about the Comey hearing. Instead, she paraphrased one of her dad's tweets before changing the subject.

The second question Ivanka Trump dodged was about her husband, fellow White House adviser Jared Kushner: Can you say unequivocally that there was nothing illegal or inappropriate about Jared's meetings with a Russian banker and ambassador?

I'm totally kidding. “Fox & Friends” didn't bring that up, you silly goose. But Kilmeade did ask about reported infighting at the White House, most notably between Kushner and chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

KILMEADE: What about the talk of Jared clashing with the inside? Is any of that true?

TRUMP: There is a 24-hour news cycle that gets fed by and is encouraged by lots of salacious details. But, at the end of the day, we're all focused on the work, and that's very true for Jared. So, he, you know, he's somebody who just likes to get things done. So, he doesn't get involved in, sort of, all of that.

That wasn't a direct answer, and it certainly wasn't a “no.” Trump gently scolded the media for covering palace intrigue without actually denying the “salacious details.”

She didn't even try to convince viewers that Kushner's relationship with Bannon is better than press accounts indicate.

Typical non-answers from the golden child.

Kind of OT, still an interesting video about Trump's relationship with Fox & Friends

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/04/media/trump-london-fox-and-friends/index.html

"Ivanka Trump company ended talks with Japanese firm over government ties"

Spoiler

Ivanka Trump's business ended talks with a Japanese clothing company after learning that the company was backed by the Japanese government, according to a letter made public Monday.

The potential deal caused an uproar in December, during the presidential transition, when photos showed Ivanka Trump sitting in on a meeting with her father and the Japanese prime minister.

Her company had been in talks with the Japanese apparel maker Sanei International for two years. But the company backed away in January, "after learning that Sanei's parent company had ties to the government of Japan," Abigail Klem, president of the Ivanka Trump company, wrote in the letter.

The letter, dated May 17, was made public when House Democrats on the Judiciary Committee published their correspondence with the company about conflict-of-interest concerns.

Ivanka Trump took a job as a White House adviser in March.

She has stepped away from the management of her fashion business, though she retains an ownership stake. She is not required to sell all her assets, but as a federal employee she is subject to rules that prohibit her from participating in matters in which she has a financial interest.

The Democrats still have questions. On Monday, they asked for details of how, when and why the first daughter's company has sought trademark protections or pursued deals in foreign countries.

"We remain concerned that Ivanka Trump may have used and may continue to use her official position within the White House to benefit her private interests," wrote the Democrats, who raised similar concerns in May.

Ivanka Trump's company declined to comment on the new letter.

In the new request, the lawmakers asked why the Ivanka Trump company filed 14 trademark applications in China on March 28, one day before her official start as a White House adviser.

"Did Ms. Trump's decision to join the staff of the White House play any role in the company's decision to file those applications or the timing of that decision?" the letter said.

The Democrats also mentioned Ivanka Trump's meetings with foreign leaders, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel. And they noted that she traveled with President Trump on his first trip abroad to last month, to Saudi Arabia, Israel and Italy.

The lawmakers said they want to know whether the company has any pending business with any government whose officials were at meetings that Ivanka Trump attended while traveling with her father.

In early May, the Democrats asked about 30 pending trademark applications in China, and 180 more in emerging markets.

In that letter, the lawmakers focused on China's decision to give provisional approval to trademarks on April 6, the same day Ivanka Trump dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago. Xi went to the Trump-owned resort as part of his official state visit.

Klem, the company's president, told lawmakers in her May letter that its decisions were similar to those made by other companies that protect international trademarks. She also reiterated Ivanka Trump's resignation in January.

Oh, I guess people are just too mean, pointing out her conflicts of interest.

7 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Ok, did anything actually get done during "Infrastructure Week?"

If screwing up traffic in my region counts as "anything"...

Otherwise, no.

@nvmbr02 , great article!

I particularly appreciated the factory worker who burst out laughing when she was told the gist of Ivanka's tone deaf book and commented that work life balance for her (the factory worker) would be the ability to see her children more than once a month.  There is something heartening about a person in her situation having the intelligence to see through Ivanka and her worthless stupidity. 

I know I can be an awful person, but is it awful that this article made me cheer a bit? "Special counsel is investigating Jared Kushner’s business dealings"

Spoiler

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is investigating the finances and business dealings of Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, as part of the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to officials familiar with the matter.

FBI agents and federal prosecutors have also been examining the financial dealings of other Trump associates, including former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Carter Page, who was listed as a foreign-policy adviser for the campaign.

The Washington Post previously reported that investigators were scrutinizing meetings that Kushner held with Russians in December — first with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, and then with Sergey Gorkov, the head of a state-owned Russian development bank. At the time of that report, it was not clear that the FBI was investigating Kushner’s business dealings.

The officials who described the financial focus of the investigation spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

At the December meeting with Kislyak, Kushner suggested establishing a secure communications line between Trump officials and the Kremlin at a Russian diplomatic facility, according to U.S. officials who reviewed intelligence reports describing Kislyak’s account.

The White House has said that the subsequent meeting with the banker was a pre-inauguration diplomatic encounter, unrelated to business matters. The Russian bank, Vnesheconombank, which has been the subject of U.S. sanctions following Russia’s annexation of Crimea, has said the session was held for business reasons because of Kushner’s role as head of his family’s real estate company. The meeting occurred as Kushner’s company was seeking financing for its troubled $1.8 billion purchase of an office building on Fifth Avenue in New York, and it could raise questions about whether Kushner’s personal financial interests were colliding with his impending role as a public official.

Mueller’s investigation is in a relatively early phase, and it is unclear whether criminal charges will be brought when it is complete.

“We do not know what this report refers to,” Jamie Gorelick, an attorney for Kushner, said in an email. “It would be standard practice for the Special Counsel to examine financial records to look for anything related to ­Russia. Mr. Kushner previously volunteered to share with Congress what he knows about ­Russia-related matters. He will do the same if he is contacted in connection with any other inquiry.”

Kushner has agreed to discuss his Russian contacts with the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is conducting one of several investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Kushner rarely speaks publicly about his role in the White House, but he has become a major figure in the administration with a sprawling list of policy responsibilities that includes Canada and Mexico, China, and peace in the Middle East.

Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller, declined to comment for this article but said that “the Special Counsel’s Office has undertaken stringent controls to prohibit unauthorized disclosures and will deal severely with any member who engages in this conduct.”

Mueller, who was appointed as special counsel by Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein on May 17, is investigating possible coordination between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign to influence the 2016 presidential election and related matters. The inquiry has expanded to include an examination of whether Trump attempted to obstruct justice, The Post reported Wednesday.

Trump on Thursday tweeted that the investigation was “the single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history — led by some very bad and conflicted people!”

Trump compared his position with the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server in another tweet.

“Crooked H destroyed phones w/ hammer, ‘bleached’ emails, & had husband meet w/AG days before she was cleared — & they talk about obstruction?” he wrote.

After Trump fired FBI Director James B. Comey, Trump said that Comey had told him three times that he was not under investigation. Comey confirmed that in his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee last week. The first time he told Trump was in his first meeting with the then-president-elect before the inauguration, on Jan. 6.

Before he met with Trump, Comey gathered his leadership team at the FBI to discuss whether he should be prepared to assure the president-elect that the FBI was not investigating him personally.

Comey testified that not everyone on his team agreed he should. Comey did not name the dissenter, but The Post has learned it was FBI general counsel James A. Baker. Comey testified that the member of his leadership team said that although it was true at the moment that Trump was not under investigation, it was possible that could change.

“His concern was, because we’re looking at the potential — again, that’s the subject of the investigation — coordination between the campaign and Russia, because it was President Trump — President-elect Trump’s campaign, this person’s view was, inevitably, his behavior, his conduct will fall within the scope of that work,” Comey said.

“And so he was reluctant to make the statement that I made,” Comey said.

Baker’s views did not change, even as Comey told Trump a second and third time that he was not being investigated.

“His view was still that it . . . could be misleading, because the nature of the investigation was such that it might well touch — obviously, it would touch the campaign, and the person at the head of the campaign would be the candidate. And so that was his view throughout,” Comey said.

Baker declined to comment.

In the days following Trump’s firing of Comey on May 9 and before Mueller’s appointment, the obstruction-of-justice investigation of the president began, according to people familiar with the matter.

Discussing the firing of Comey, Trump said in an interview with NBC, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

Comey took notes after each of his nine meetings or phone calls with Trump, including one alone with the president in the Oval Office on Feb. 14, the day after Flynn was forced to resign. Comey testified that Trump said to him, “I hope you can let this go.” The president has denied that he told Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

Comey told lawmakers he gave his notes to Mueller.

Two senior intelligence officials, Daniel Coats, the director of national intelligence, and Mike Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency, agreed to be interviewed by Mueller as early as this week.

Trump spoke to Coats and Rogers about the Russia investigation, according to officials. Coats told associates that Trump asked him whether he could intervene with Comey to get the FBI to back off its focus on Flynn, the officials said. Coats later told lawmakers he did not feel pressured to intervene.

Trump later telephoned Coats and Rogers to separately ask them to issue public statements denying that there was evidence of coordination between Trump’s campaign and Russian officials. Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the president’s requests, officials said.

I hope some indictments come out of this. Many indictments. Jared will look lovely in an orange jumpsuit.

Aw, poor Ivanka doesn't understand where all the meanness is coming from. "Ivanka Trump has noticed a new ‘level of viciousness.’ Its sources are clear."

Spoiler

Now we’ve done it. We’ve hurt Ivanka Trump’s feelings.

“There’s a level of viciousness that I was not expecting,” the presidential daughter and senior White House official told Fox News this week, adding that she was “blindsided” by the “ferocity.”

The poor dear.

Here are a few sources the blindsided footwear magnate might consult to understand why things are so vicious:

●Her brother Eric. The previous week, he called the head of the Democratic Party a “total whack job” and declared that “morality is just gone” from Democrats. “To me, they’re not even people,” he said.

●Her brother Donald Jr. On Wednesday, after the shooting at the Republican congressional baseball team practice, the president’s son retweeted with approval a claim tying the shooting to “NY elites glorifying the assassination of our President.”

●Newt Gingrich. On Thursday, the informal Trump adviser and surrogate tweeted a conspiracy claim that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III “is now clearly the tip of the deep-state spear aimed at destroying or at a minimum undermining and crippling the Trump presidency.”

●Her dad. The president on Thursday went on yet another Twitter tirade. He declared himself the victim of the “single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history — led by some very bad and conflicted people!” And he renewed his attack on his vanquished opponent, saying, “Crooked H destroyed phones w/hammer.”

This is why Washington is so vicious right now. Plenty bad before Trump’s campaign and presidency, it has gotten markedly worse. This is what happens when the president and his surrogates portray opponents as immoral, subhuman and criminal, when they hack away at the courts, the press and other pillars of a free society — and when they promote conspiracy theories suggesting American justice is tainted.

In attacking Mueller, Trump is attacking the man whom George W. Bush named to head the FBI and who was selected for his current role as special counsel by the deputy attorney general Trump himself appointed. And everybody should react with cheerful goodwill when these honorable public servants are defamed, said to be part of a “deep state” conspiracy?

It was sickening that a lunatic apparently converted his hatred of Trump this week into violence, shooting House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and others on a baseball diamond. The would-be assassin’s act — the ultimate assault on the rule of law — is the antithesis of the principled opposition to Trump.

Revolting in a different way is the speed with which a few on the right have tried to use the shooting to delegitimize the justifiable and widespread anger that Trump has generated. Rush Limbaugh called the gunman “a mainstream Democrat voter.” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said of the shooting: “I do want to put some of this at the feet of Barack Obama.” Sean Hannity of Fox News, broadcasting from the scene of the shooting, alleged a “record level of vicious left-wing hate,” claiming this is the “biggest issue we have to face as a country.”

Some have gone in search of precedent to justify this attempt to smear Trump’s opposition by blaming it for a madman’s bullets. A writer for the conservative Washington Examiner falsely claimed this week that in 2011 I “blamed” Sarah Palin for the shooting that injured then-Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.) and killed others. In fact, I wrote then that “there’s no evidence that either Palin or [Glenn] Beck inspired the Tucson suspect” but that they both deserved to be “held to account for recklessly playing with violent images.” Now, as then, nobody but the shooter is to blame for a depraved act, but we all should be careful with violent language and imagery that could be misconstrued by the unhinged.

Kathy Griffin’s severed Trump head was grotesque. Though I doubt those who watch Shakespeare performed by the Public Theater in New York are violence-prone, I wouldn’t have cast the assassinated Julius Caesar as Trump-like. As The Post’s David Weigel noted this week, many of the alleged calls to violence by the left have been misrepresented. But when they happen, they should be roundly denounced.

The deep and broad anger with Trump, however, has nothing to do with this. Part of it comes naturally from being out of power: Liberals were more vitriolic late in the Bush years, conservatives were nastier during Obama’s presidency, and the pendulum is swinging again.

But now there’s a new variable: The president himself is stoking fear and fury. Seven months after the election, he is still attacking Hillary Clinton as a criminal. He is frightening allies, attacking the courts, discrediting the intelligence community and the “fake news media” and suggesting there’s a major conspiracy against him in the justice system.

This recklessness causes enormous fear, which generates the “ferocity” Ivanka Trump perceives. President Trump could calm the anger — if he could calm himself.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Her brother Donald Jr. On Wednesday, after the shooting at the Republican congressional baseball team practice, the president’s son retweeted with approval a claim tying the shooting to “NY elites glorifying the assassination of our President.”

TT Jr. IS the NY elite for fucks sake.   

7 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

TT Jr. IS the NY elite for fucks sake.   

Just another example of why we call him and Eric Dumb & Dumber.

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Her brother Donald Jr. On Wednesday, after the shooting at the Republican congressional baseball team practice, the president’s son retweeted with approval a claim tying the shooting to “NY elites glorifying the assassination of our President.”

How is the shooting connected to "the assassination of our President."  Trump wasn't assassinated, and he wasn't even at the game.  It was a Congressional game because Congress was there.  It wasn't a Presidential game.

9 hours ago, JMarie said:

How is the shooting connected to "the assassination of our President."  Trump wasn't assassinated, and he wasn't even at the game.  It was a Congressional game because Congress was there.  It wasn't a Presidential game.

Remember it's all code words for the brainwashed followers. Doesn't have to make sense, just has to have the right words.

My mom does believe someone will try to assassinate Trump, and that no other President has been in such danger. I'm sure this will be used as proof in some way. Sigh.

11 hours ago, JMarie said:

He is referring to the his father's look alike in "Julius Caesar." Was he outraged when there was an Obama look alike? I guess I am guilty of making "but Obama" arguments now. :kitty-wink: 

LOL

rawstory.com/2017/06/whats-a-good-gift-for-a-dad-going-to-prison-soon-ivanka-trump-mocked-for-offering-fathers-day-advice/

Ivanka Trump's company recently released a list of gift ideas for Father's Day ahead of the June 18 holiday. Twitter responded by offering alternative gifts for the first daughter to give President Trump, referencing the various investigations into possible collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russian government during the 2016 election.

Ivanka Trump's gift ideas were posted on June 4 on her company's website. They included "something chilled" — with a picture of a glass of alcohol — "a grooming gift set" and "golf essentials." The picture of alcohol is noteworthy since President Trump doesn't drink.

However, Twitter users didn't respond to the gift ideas given by the website, instead responded with humor about President Trump's ongoing investigations.

"What's a good gift for a dad who's heading to prison soon? Asking for a friend...," replied one Twitter user "fine" on June 6 adding the hashtag "#ComeyWeek" — a reference to former FBI Director James Comey's testimony to a congressional hearing that took place on June 8.    

53 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

My mom does believe someone will try to assassinate Trump, and that no other President has been in such danger. I'm sure this will be used as proof in some way. Sigh.

I think in this day and age it is impossible to get close enough to the president to attempt an assassination. Unless someone is going to kill him with one of the billion pens he's given away by now at his executive order signings. If it were even remotely possible, Obama wouldn't have made it to a second term.

It's pretty sad when the fact that Jared spoke in public is news. "Jared Kushner speaks in public. And Washington takes notice."

Spoiler

WASHINGTON (AP) — Jared Kushner spoke in public on Monday. And that alone counted as news.

In a White House full of loud voices, the powerful senior adviser and son-in-law to President Donald Trump tends to keep his mouth shut. He shuns televised interviews, avoids public speeches and rarely addresses a meeting when cameras are rolling, preferring to work behind the scenes.

So Washington took notice Monday when Kushner presided over a White House meeting of technology executives and actually took the microphone. It took a few moments for Kushner to get the attention of the dozens of suited executives gathered in an ornate room at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. But eventually the room quieted and he could finally be heard.

The slim, stylish former real estate executive addressed the crowd in a soft but confident tenor, revealing the New York influences around his vowels. He pledged that “by modernizing these systems we will meaningfully improve the lives of tens of millions of Americans.”

News outlets pounced. “Jared Kushner Actually Has A Voice,” read a headline on the Huffington Post. Time’s online headline read: “Hear Jared Kushner Speak in a Rare Public Appearance.”

Kushner sometimes speaks at sanctioned background briefings for reporters. He also briefly popped in to an interview that his wife, Ivanka Trump, did with CBS at the White House last month. He declined to join the interview, but when asked if he enjoyed their late-night walks on the Washington Mall, Kushner said: “Beautiful. Great company. Beautiful scenery.”

While his public speaking has been limited at best, Kushner has been busy with an expansive policy portfolio, charged with modernizing government and leading an effort to broker a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. He will head to the Middle East this week to take part in talks toward that goal.

Kushner has also come under scrutiny for his contacts with Russians during the transition as part of the widening probes into whether Trump’s team coordinated with Moscow during the election. Kushner has denied any improper contacts with Russia.

I don't know that I'd call him "stylish".

37 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It's pretty sad when the fact that Jared spoke in public is news. "Jared Kushner speaks in public. And Washington takes notice."

Reveal hidden contents

WASHINGTON (AP) — Jared Kushner spoke in public on Monday. And that alone counted as news.

In a White House full of loud voices, the powerful senior adviser and son-in-law to President Donald Trump tends to keep his mouth shut. He shuns televised interviews, avoids public speeches and rarely addresses a meeting when cameras are rolling, preferring to work behind the scenes.

So Washington took notice Monday when Kushner presided over a White House meeting of technology executives and actually took the microphone. It took a few moments for Kushner to get the attention of the dozens of suited executives gathered in an ornate room at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. But eventually the room quieted and he could finally be heard.

The slim, stylish former real estate executive addressed the crowd in a soft but confident tenor, revealing the New York influences around his vowels. He pledged that “by modernizing these systems we will meaningfully improve the lives of tens of millions of Americans.”

News outlets pounced. “Jared Kushner Actually Has A Voice,” read a headline on the Huffington Post. Time’s online headline read: “Hear Jared Kushner Speak in a Rare Public Appearance.”

Kushner sometimes speaks at sanctioned background briefings for reporters. He also briefly popped in to an interview that his wife, Ivanka Trump, did with CBS at the White House last month. He declined to join the interview, but when asked if he enjoyed their late-night walks on the Washington Mall, Kushner said: “Beautiful. Great company. Beautiful scenery.”

While his public speaking has been limited at best, Kushner has been busy with an expansive policy portfolio, charged with modernizing government and leading an effort to broker a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. He will head to the Middle East this week to take part in talks toward that goal.

Kushner has also come under scrutiny for his contacts with Russians during the transition as part of the widening probes into whether Trump’s team coordinated with Moscow during the election. Kushner has denied any improper contacts with Russia.

I don't know that I'd call him "stylish".

Haha, yeah, @GreyhoundFan. So, first, thank goodness the world is saved because he's going back over to the Middle East. And I think we know now why he doesn't speak in public. It was, um, underwhelming. He has adjective disease, like his FIL.

And every time I see him I think "Pinocchio." He doesn't look real to me! He looks like he's made of plastic.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/06/23/ivanka-trump-faces-criticism-off-the-shoulder-dress-picnic/22759950/

I call foul on Ivanka wearing a dress from last season.  Last season?

And then there's this gem from Melania:

Despite primarily living in New York City from the inauguration to earlier this month, the first lady said she is "not really" missing Manhattan.

"I'm so busy and we are doing so many great stuff," she said. "So, it's really special place. I love it here."

"So many great stuff."  We could have had an Ivy League educated Rhodes Scholar lawyer for a First Gentleman, but instead we get Ms. Great Stuff.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived