IGNORED

Brad Phillips, Doug's brother

thoughtful

From the other thread:

SamuraiKatz wrote:

Marian the Librarian wrote:

T.W. Eston, whoever he or he is, strikes again, with a very long (I won't copy it here) article on Jen's Gems entitled "Open Letter To Chalcedon Foundation Regarding Its Defense of Doug Phillips."

jensgems.wordpress.com

Very long article. Take away from this one... Doug the Tool has a younger brother named Brad. Brad is evil in his own right... and Brad is in league with Matt Chauncey.

debrand wrote:

A Brad Phillips started the Persecution Project. Is it the same person?

http://persecutionproject.org/about/

Yes - he's Doug's brother. Howard Phillips' obit from the New York Times lists him as one of the six Phillips siblings:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/us/po ... .html?_r=0

ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/2006/12/28/film-fraud-a-phillips-family-tradition/

Wow, brad Phillips may be an even bigger tool than Doug Phillips.

Brad being interviewed:

tZyTB2DEd5A

and . . .

GddtxUP.jpg

Brad is not just a tool, this sounds like something a sociopath would do

Brad Phillips had been personally apprised of Hammond’s intelligence concerns while in the field, and he was told of it several times subsequently. Any footage that Matrisciana had shot of churches, hospitals, schools, and supply depots would have to be carefully edited so as to not make their location apparent and make them easy targets for the Islamic Khartoum government. Brad Phillips was well aware of the long history of the brutal Khartoum government, and the fact that for years they had engaged in a ruthless campaign of forced “Islamic conversion†and the imposition of Sharia through murder, rape, amputations, slavery and forced “relocations†to “peace camps†where they would be starved to death. Even crucifixions of numerous Christians have occurred. Millions of Sudanese have suffered genocide at the hands of the Muslims, so Hammond’s caution was well justified.

However, immediately prior to Matrisciana being able to forward a copy of the edited video to Hammond, a master of the video disappeared from Matrisciana’s Hemet ranch. Brad Phillips disappeared from the ranch at the very same time. Matrisciana and Hammond were subsequently able to track down Phillips and contact him by phone in his Virginia office. He acknowledged taking the video but made no apologies. He intended to begin selling it immediately without additional editing. By this point, Hammond had viewed a master of the video himself and knew that additional editing was required. He pleaded with Phillips to not release the video in its unfinished state. He explained that as soon as the video fell into the hands of the Sudanese government it would provide a wealth of intelligence. Hammond feared that a fresh round of bombing campaigns would result

Unfortunately, Hammond’s fearful predictions came true. Not long after Phillips began selling his unedited version of the video, every single church, hospital, school and supply depot shown in the video came under heavy bombardment by artillery, helicopter gunships and bomber planes. In fact every single structure that was shown in the video was totally destroyed in a matter of weeks. It became only too apparent that the Khartoum government was working directly off “intelligence†acquired from Phillips’ stolen video.

But the destruction is actually far more horrific than just buildings. From all accounts, at a minimum hundreds of Christians died as a direct result of Brad Phillips’ theft and premature release of Sudan, the Hidden Holocaust. Brad Phillips managed to gain a name for himself in the U.S. among a number of big-name evangelicals as a so-called champion of the cause of the persecuted Sudanese Christians. Since then Persecution Project has grown into an actual supporter of the relief and evangelism work in Sudan. But it was done at a terribly high cost, and it was done by Brad Phillips taking credit for things he had little if any part in.

That is horrible. Brad Phillips is a bigger tool than Doug.

What a sociopathic thing to do. Not only did he steal a video from someone and release it to the public without their permission, he also did so knowing that it would cause the people in the video and many others from the locations to be killed.

That is just evil.

What the hell is wrong with the Phillips brothers, they're all tools.

When I read this, I wondered why the owners of the video didn't go to the police. Is there a different, parallel justice system for Christians[tm][/tm]?

Yes. In many (crazier/more conservative) parts of Christianity getting the law involved in a dispute between two Christians is, at very least, frowned upon. Between that bit in Matthew 18 (If your brother sins against you...) and that bit in 1 Corinthians 6 where Paul criticizes litigious members of that congregation they seem to have gotten the impression all conflict must be solved without the input of any external (secular) agent.

In theory, I'm sure there can be a place for hashing out an issue face-to-face, but it's just another situation where a bit of counsel in an ancient text gets taken completely out of context and used as a rug to sweep all sorts of crap under. (And I'm not even going to get started on the times I've seen it used as The Divine Approach for things like dealing with child sexual abuse).

It angers me that human beings were killed because of Brad Phillips and yet, he suffers no repercussions. If the allegations are true, the man is guilty of murder even if he didn't directly kill those people. This isn't the case of an overzealous, ignorant person who accidentally hurt others. He was told before hand that his actions could cause the deaths of many people.

It angers me that human beings were killed because of Brad Phillips and yet, he suffers no repercussions. If the allegations are true, the man is guilty of murder even if he didn't directly kill those people. This isn't the case of an overzealous, ignorant person who accidentally hurt others. He was told before hand that his actions could cause the deaths of many people.

Given how racist the Philips family seems to be, he probably didn't think the Sudanese Christians were really "people" in the first place. :music-tool:

I was done with the video at "I'd say there's definitely religious freedom--as much as you can have in an African country." I didn't even wait to see of he would qualify that statement.

That is horrible. Brad Phillips is a bigger tool than Doug.

What a sociopathic thing to do. Not only did he steal a video from someone and release it to the public without their permission, he also did so knowing that it would cause the people in the video and many others from the locations to be killed.

That is just evil.

What the hell is wrong with the Phillips brothers, they're all tools.

Part of the big "dominion over everything" is that government, etc will be easier to take over if you knock down the existing structure, to make it easier to put the new theocratic group in place. The full quiver is in part to help establish the new dominion government, but that won't do it alone--have to break things first.

Given how racist the Philips family seems to be, he probably didn't think the Sudanese Christians were really "people" in the first place. :music-tool:

If the allegations are true(and there is the chance that they aren't), then he must not see the Sudanese people as humans. :( How could you knowingly endanger the lives of so many people just to satisfy your own ego? Anyone who would be so cavalier about human lives has to be a sociopath. I hope that the allegations aren't true because it is very dark to believe that someone could be so evil.

It still doesn't make sense to me that the original film crew hasn't pressed charges or come forward with their stories.

According to Charity Navigator Ratings 90% of the funds are used for the services that the organization provides. That sounds positive at least.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... o0OR8SbP3w

Archived