IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is the wind blowing Pricilla's dress? She can't be pregnant again, right?

Hardly, she's usually two years in between babies. Philip was only born toward the end of October! 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

David R. actually converted as a young adult.  The recent converts often fall harder and chant the slogans louder than those raised within the belief system.  Jill is definitely in the driver's seat.  Quite aside from her personality, she is the expert on things theological having been raised in the cult.  David strikes me as unbelievably passive and lazy but there may be things in his past that made and make him vulnerable to a narcissistic powerhouse like Jill.  

The fact that David's father committed suicide has made me much more sympathetic to him than I would otherwise be. From what I recall of Jill's horrendous video, discussing his suicide and the fact that he might not have been saved, that occurred when David was a young adult.  Losing a parent at a fairly young age is always an incredibly hard event, but suicide?  That seems to be significantly more to deal with.  And rather than seek secular help, David seems to have turned to the cult for support and succor. He was yoked to Jill and now, 12 kids later, there they are!  

While I absolutely agree that he should be doing more and providing for his large family, given his family background and how he tends to look and act, I suspect that there may be untreated depression or something else going on (though I'm not a psychologist, obviously, or else I wouldn't even speculate online).  Jill's energy and attention were probably very attractive to a mourning young man...but now he has 12 children with her, no job, and likely few skills.  Minimum wage isn't going to keep everyone fed in that big family.  David has to be able to see that he has a ton of children that he struggles to feed, even though he is supposed to be the headship and provider for the family.  Seriously, how would a man with that many children be able to provide for them all without a solid education and a serious work ethic and background?  If I awoke with that many dependents, few job opportunities with a gap in my resume, and likely little education, I'd have a panic attack.  While David seems passive and lazy, I suspect there's some depth and definitely darkness there.  I wish he'd gotten real help after his father passed, and perhaps some secular help now...which is also something I wish for Josh.  But if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride, right?

I suppose it's possible DRod is just along for the ride, but I just don't see it. Jill has always struck me as one who is desperately trying to polish the turd that is their life. She needs everyone to believe David is a hard worker, she just loves living in the RV with 12 kids, and that not knowing where the next meal is coming from is not really that bad. Everything from the way she dresses her kids to the foolish purchases she makes just SCREAM poverty and insecurity. The kids don't have shoes that fit, but she hopes the matching colors obscure that. I think she spends money on luxuries when they have it because she has no idea when that will happen again. I think she resents the hell out of the fact that she has to beg people to buy Plexus because they don't have enough money to survive. I feel like David is getting the better deal and playing the headship card behind the scenes. But, who knows. Maybe I'm just projecting.

SOTDRT strikes again! Commas, please! Or if you would rather #commas #please! 

On 4/21/2017 at 11:41 PM, Hane said:

But was Phillip named after her favorite cat? (Sorry--couldn't help it--recent "The Office" binge on Netflix.)

No, after her grandfather. :)  (same binge happening here)

Ugh, Davia and the new little Waller look just like Pa Keller to me.

And what the what? TFDW always looks like he is going to break into a hymn and begin directing everyone around him. You know, like his weird wedding antics. He seems so ENERGETIC all the time...

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Josh is looking seriously rough! The facial hair is very odd, to me.  Do we know any other Gothard fundies with full beards like that? For some reason I thought "clean shaven" was a commandment.  You have to wonder if he's trying to change his entire appearance to hide from his past, and its not working out well.

I'm guessing there's a bit of trying to camouflage his chubby face. 

On 5/1/2017 at 8:24 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Even running away it's not a solution. He's known as a molester! Who would hire him? His life is kinda prison. Maybe he deserves it but anyway junk food os the only drug/pleasure he has. So I predict he'll only go fatter. 

I'm sorry to say I agree with you. I'm slowly learning to eat only when I'm truly hungry, but after decades of treating food as drug, I can attest that it's a real problem with very obvious consequences.  

I've never felt sorry for Josh but I sure do now. The Duggar parents have well and truly and royally and pretty much completely screwed up their kids' lives, ex-Golden Boy Josh's probably most of all. Ironic. 

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm guessing there's a bit of trying to camouflage his chubby face. 

I figure that a beard and a hat substantially reduce the number of random people who recognize him (and give him dirty looks or comments).

5 hours ago, amandaaries said:

The fact that David's father committed suicide has made me much more sympathetic to him than I would otherwise be.

This I did not know.  But, yes.  David was probably a perfect victim for cult indoctrination after that experience at an early age.  

I'm sure Jill + cult glommed on to him.  I feel sorry for him.  I feel even sorrier for the children.

I admit I do not, cannot, keep up with the Rodrigues.  I have a pretty strong stomach and can talk with some objectivity (while gagging) about a whole lot of really dreadful stuff.  Death, destruction, decay, gangrene, abuse (including sexual), cockroaches, and fecal explosions don't bother me as much as they should.  I did my time in the trenches of Protective Services.

In retirement, the babies in cages stuff and Jill's obsessive self-promotion makes me unable to follow the Rodrigues family.   It is personal and just something that I cannot stomach.  

I am very glad that others can follow them, document them, and call them out.  She pushes my buttons.

Damn it, that woman is dreadful!  And the destructive cult she belongs to enables it.  As much as it enables John Shrader.  

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:
SOTDRT strikes again! Commas, please! Or if you would rather #commas #please! 

Paul looks a lot like Michael. I know that they're cousins, of course, but in this picture especially they look like they could be brothers. And the wee lad (sorry, his name is escaping me at the moment) is Davia's mini-me.

Only one #hashtag on that #picture Davy?? Are you OK?   How will I know that these two are #family instead of two random kids?

I was so disturbed last night by the latest video on davidlovespriscilla blog that I had a hard time getting to sleep. These poor little innocent toddlers (I'd call them pre-schoolers, except we know they'll never go to school) were dressed up in their sweet little Easter outfits and hunted plastic eggs. Their dumbass parents made them sit in a circle and listen to this sick, perverted creep abuse them with his horror story. The kids naturally wanted to open their eggs, but he kept stopping them and insisting they wait 'til he gave them permission. Of course, they kept opening them and he would grab them and close them again. So, he breaks into this whole crucifixion saga. Inside each egg, instead of jelly beans or chocolates, were symbols of said saga. A donkey! Cuz Jesus rode in on a donkey!

He starts regaling them with all the gory details about Jesus' suffering and death. THESE ARE THE NAILS THEY DROVE THROUGH HIS HANDS! THEY STUCK HIM WITH A SPEAR AND BLOODY WATER CAME RUSHING OUT! HERE'S THE WHIP THEY WHIPPED HIM WITH! HERE'S THE CLOTH THEY WRAPPED HIS DEAD BODY IN!

Yes, I'm yelling because that was his delivery to little toddlers and nonverbal babies.

These were little bitty kids who had NO way to comprehend what he was talking about. He was so enthusiastic about the blood and gore and torture. It was one of the grossest things I've ever seen. I found it nauseating and bordering on child abuse. These people are sick

Those are called Resurrection Eggs and are becoming a real thing. To take Pagan connotations out of Easter and what not. 

That is horrifying. Children shouldn't be exposed to the gory bits of the Bible at their ages, it will traumatize them.

23 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I figure that a beard and a hat substantially reduce the number of random people who recognize him (and give him dirty looks or comments).

THIS!  It's camouflage. 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:30 PM, ILoveJellybeans said:

That is horrifying. Children shouldn't be exposed to the gory bits of the Bible at their ages, it will traumatize them.

Many moons ago, I was babysitting a young-ish boy (he would've been 10 at the time, I think). There was a children's bible in his room, & we happened to be looking at it (for me, it was out of curiosity's sake). We came across a picture of the Four Horsemen (sadly, not the wrasslin Four Horsemen), & he asked who they were. I told him their identities, & he seemed genuinely bothered by their concept.

Kids can be traumatized by any part of the Bible, be it something gory or not. Maybe it depends on their age, perhaps, & comprehension skills?   :: shrugs ::

On 4/21/2017 at 1:58 PM, MayMay1123 said:

Davia looks drunk LOL and Paul looks terrified :lol:

I do get the humor of Davia's expressions and how we attribute them to her not being able to stand her parents posturing but all snark aside for a moment, she looks chronically worried and pained to me. Many of her expressions remind me of Priss when TFDW is trying to get her to speak on camera. 

I am probably projecting here but I can easily see Davia as spending her life more obsessed than the usual fundie that she is not serving God the right way.That is a depressing and cruel way to raise a child, with the message that they are failing the deity that is the center of their lives and the lives of everyone around them.  

On 5/1/2017 at 7:10 AM, JMO said:

I can see it now, in 5-10 years he'll be on My 600 Lb Life and we'll get the true story.  

Isn't Josh diabetic or close to being diabetic? If he continues to pack on pounds Anna may not have to worry about producing many more of his blessings. 

If Josh were to eat himself to death would Anna be radioactive as a fundie widow or in high demand as a chance for assorted fundie men to show off their godliness in taking her and her children in while filling the remainder of her child bearing years with their own blessings? 

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Isn't Josh diabetic or close to being diabetic? If he continues to pack on pounds Anna may not have to worry about producing many more of his blessings. 

i think way back in the JB/Josh wight-loss challenge, he was told he might be at risk.  despite his current weight, Josh's risk level could be anywhere high or low:  Mr. CL is 44 and has been overweight much of his adult life.  his current GP has been after him for about 2 years to drop some and be cautious as both his parents developed diabetes in their late 70s (ages are correct here, they were 38 & 39 when he was born).  so we've changed our eating habits--far less fast food, junk snacks, processed meals; no sugared soda and less diet, no chickenetti, etc--but haven't lost much weight.  he did get a glucometer last year, and his blood sugar has been consistently normal, around 100 to 110.  meawhile, my cousin-in-residence has the same eating habits and weighs about 85 lbs less than Mr CL, but had bloodwork come back in December with a reading of about 600 despite being normal as recently as 8 months earlier.  so while Josh's current appearance may signify any number of potential ailments, it's pretty much impossible to guess his diabetic risk.

Huh...so I just read some articles about overweight/obese men and fertility (particularly one entitled "Impact of obesity on male fertility, sperm function, and molecular composition") and even if the woman has a normal BMI, if the father is overweight or obese, the time to conception increases, and the risk of pregnancy loss increases. Furthermore, the sperm of overweight men show increased rates of mutations/DNA damage, which in turn increases the chance that the sperm will have mobility issues or that the embryo will have implantation problems, or that the offspring will have unexpected genetic mutations.

And from another study, researchers measured ejaculate volume from men with normal and overweight/obese BMIs (:my_sick: I'm a scientist-in-training but idk if I would want to be a part of that study) and found that overweight/obese men ejaculate a smaller volume of semen, which could be due to fewer protective chemicals for the sperm to swim in the pretty inhospitable vagina, or due to low sperm count, which is also correlated with high BMI. 

I guess it all makes sense but I personally hadn't thought how the BMI of the male partner affected reproduction!  Josh's increased BMI could indeed affect his and Anna's reproductive rate. And now you probably know way more than you want to about sperm and fertility...sorry!

Links to my "research:"

http://www.medicaldaily.com/male-infertility-more-common-overweight-men-low-sperm-count-part-overall-poor-semen-quality-265504

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3521747/

So back on the TFDW flight buddy. I would have so much fun arguing all points with him. I would try my best to get him so flustered that maybe he would crack. My favorite thing as a left wing liberal is poking right wing conservatives..  I wonder if he has a vein that throbs. Lol 

On 5/2/2017 at 2:46 PM, Carm_88 said:

Hardly, she's usually two years in between babies. Philip was only born toward the end of October! 

Prissy spaced her first three like Anna. So I'm guessing she won't have another baby until the fall of 2018.

you cannot tell health just by looking at weight. I'm in the process of losing 70 pounds but my bloodwork is fantastic and healthy with not even a hint of being pre diabetic. I have better stamina than my thin friends and I eat a hell of a lot better than them too  

Growing up in my fundie homeschooling group there where a lot of overweight dads with 7-13 kids so idrk how much it actually affects sperm or not. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived