IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

56 minutes ago, gustava said:

Do they space by not having sex?

My guess is that she and Anna probably don't get their periods back right away due to nursing. I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing runs in families. I didn't get my period back until my son was almost 14 months old. So I would be forced to space my kids at least 2 years apart if I was quiverfull. Or wean early.  

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that she and Anna probably don't get their periods back right away due to nursing. I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing runs in families. I didn't get my period back until my son was almost 14 months old. So I would be forced to space my kids at least 2 years apart if I was quiverfull. Or wean early.  

Their spacing also matches Suzette's early spacing fairly closely (24 months, 21 months, 17 months, 24 months, 47 months, 47 months, 27 months), although I know Suzette had 9 miscarriages, several of which were probably in those two 47 month gaps. I find it interesting that Esther's gaps are so much shorter than her mother and sisters' gaps.

6 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Their spacing also matches Suzette's early spacing fairly closely (24 months, 21 months, 17 months, 24 months, 47 months, 47 months, 27 months), although I know Suzette had 9 miscarriages, several of which were probably in those two 47 month gaps. I find it interesting that Esther's gaps are so much shorter than her mother and sisters' gaps.

There can be some differences in BFing. Like if you night wean early one, you might get your period back sooner. 

Obesity is a huge risk factor for a plethora of serious health problems. Even if your blood work is perfect now, just being obese puts you at higher risk of developing these problems. But here's the main point: Josh's health was far from perfect years ago. He was only in his mid 20s when the doctor told him he had metabolic syndrome. It's not like he was obese but his doctor told him, "Well, you could lose some weight but your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. is perfect!" He was sick. And if he was sick then, he's probably at least as sick now. 

Re: baby spacing. Most women aren't like Michelle Duggar and Kelly Bates. They're on TV for a reason.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Re: baby spacing. Most women aren't like Michelle Duggar and Kelly Bates. They're on TV for a reason.

Didn't Michelle say her babies would stop nursing around 6 months because she would get pregnant again and it changed her milk or something? I always wondered if she just preferred to wean or cut down on nursing at 6 months. 

I've always believed I'd have a mega-family if I didn't use birth control. Exclusive breastfeeding only ever delayed my period by a few months. I can easily believe Michelle and Kelly have never really had to "try" to get pregnant. 

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Didn't Michelle say her babies would stop nursing around 6 months because she would get pregnant again and it changed her milk or something? I always wondered if she just preferred to wean or cut down on nursing at 6 months. 

Michelle said she used to wean at 6 months or earlier, but also she said some of her kids were breastfeed for a very little time, at least one of them was breastfeed just for weeks. Probably she weaned in order to have her period back and become pregnant the sooner the better. But also it can be other reasons. Breastfeeding takes a lot of time and energy and sometimes it's an emotional issue, so it's not always easy, specially for a large family mother who is terribly busy. 

Anyway, there are women who have their periods back just some weeks after delivery, despite breastfeeding.

Both times, I have had my period back on my kids first birthday. What a present for me! If I were fundie, I would have a kid every other year. Maybe 10 kids for me. Maybe 11-12 if twins. I writing this and I'm scared just imagining!

11 hours ago, Evangeline said:

I've always believed I'd have a mega-family if I didn't use birth control. Exclusive breastfeeding only ever delayed my period by a few months. I can easily believe Michelle and Kelly have never really had to "try" to get pregnant. 

Except they have had. They tracked cycles and had sex on the right days. They, the "modest queens" said it publicy on TV.

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There can be some differences in BFing. Like if you night wean early one, you might get your period back sooner. 

My midwife friend always said once the baby stopped waking up to feed at night then you needed to be careful. Some of her clients didn't listen to her though and are now repeat clients. :D 

18 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Obesity is a huge risk factor for a plethora of serious health problems. Even if your blood work is perfect now, just being obese puts you at higher risk of developing these problems. But here's the main point: Josh's health was far from perfect years ago. He was only in his mid 20s when the doctor told him he had metabolic syndrome. It's not like he was obese but his doctor told him, "Well, you could lose some weight but your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. is perfect!" He was sick. And if he was sick then, he's probably at least as sick now. 

I don't follow the show any longer so I did miss that. 

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Anyway, there are women who have their periods back just some weeks after delivery, despite breastfeeding.

A good friend of mine nursed her girls for 14 and 12 months (maybe even longer) and after both births her period only took two months to come back. 

My ex-boyfriends mother had Irish twins. She had only given birth 10 weeks ago and was nursing baby number 2 when she got pregnant with number 3. My ex-boyfriend who is the oldest was only 2.5 and that point. And although I was never really fond of her I was always impressed how she managed to have 3 very young children, graduate from university and made the transition into working life (part time at least) while having a husband that worked 40 hrs the week and building a house. Mothers have super powers.

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The milk's taste doesn't usually change early in pregnancy, but it can.  It most often changes mid-pregnancy when the milk begins to change over to colostrum.  Some kids are bothered by the change and other aren't.  My own granddaughter weaned when my daughter's milk changed early in pregnancy and that's how mom found out she was pregnant again. .  Btw,  Happy Birthday, Sweet Granddaughter!

I think in J'Chelle's case she weaned to get pregnant.

My periods returned with my first three around the middle of the first year.  With my premie my period returned at two months and with my  last, at 4 months.  Pumping or having a baby that sleeps long stretches is not a recipe for having a lactation amenorrhea that lasts months.

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always thought it was the other way around: she stopped nursing so she could get pregnant again. And hand the baby over to a sistermom, which also happens at 6 months. 

Personally I hit the jackpot with returning  periods: 6 weeks with #1 and just 4 weeks with #2. My body was just screaming at me: "Baby? What baby? I can't hear you! Lalalala", so not a single drop of breastmilk for me either. 

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:
21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always thought it was the other way around: she stopped nursing so she could get pregnant again. And hand the baby over to a sistermom, which also happens at 6 months.

She always said the baby would stop nursing around 6 months because it could detect a change in breast milk. Which may be true - lactational amenorrhea is not universal. That's one reason why Zsu sounds so ridiculous when she talks about the wonders of "natural" child spacing with no need for birth control. It works for her, to give her a mega-family with babies neatly spaced about 24 months apart. That doesn't mean it works for everyone. 

Or maybe Michelle was just saying the baby stopped BFing, and she was actively trying to get pregnant. That way she has an excuse to pass the baby off to a buddy and be pregnant again, which, as we all know, is what Jesus would want. 

On 5/14/2017 at 0:28 PM, Bethella said:

*Nine* miscarriages?? Holy shit. That's awfully sad.

I EBF'd until my baby was 5.5 months old, and then continued nursing after I introduced solid food,  but got my period back when she was 7 months. Right on time for our first plane trip, to a YWCA convention halfway across the country. Oh, and my breasts started leaking, too. Good times!

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

*Nine* miscarriages?? Holy shit. That's awfully sad.

My paternal grandmother (b. 1901) had nine live births and about a dozen miscarriages, at least one of which was twins.  When she found out about condoms, her husband told her that nice women didn't use such things. 

I'm surprised TFDW didn't do a #family post for #mothersday - how else will everyone find out about Priscilla's hidden talent of squeezing out #blessings ? It's not like he trots out #childrenareablessing on the regular. I swear he says that constantly to himself, hoping to convince himself that #familylife is better than his dreams of Judy Garland, Liza Minelli, and glittery red tap shoes.

17 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Yes but when real sistermom thing really started? I mean, an 8 years old can change diapers o give baby a bottle but that's just helping, not a whole baby caring. I don't think those girls were real sistermoms before 12-14 years old. This means younger Duggars (maybe from Justin) were lucky to have someone doing a parenting role, but a lot of Duggar kids have been kinda orphans.

17 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I'm surprised TFDW didn't do a #family post for #mothersday - how else will everyone find out about Priscilla's hidden talent of squeezing out #blessings ? It's not like he trots out #childrenareablessing on the regular.

I know! He has been slacking lately. How are we to know that they are a #family and having #family, if he doesn't tell us! :o 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I know! He has been slacking lately. How are we to know that they are a #family and having #family, if he doesn't tell us! :o 

Maybe he's upset because Pris doesn't want him to borrow her underwear and heels to prance around the house in. 

13 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Maybe he's upset because Pris doesn't want him to borrow her underwear and heels to prance around the house in. 

I'm not sure why I have a strong, negative reaction to this comment, since I also have a feeling that TFDW is not honest with himself about his own sexuality.  Perhaps it is because what you are describing is cross-dressing and while I do not know anyone who engages in the practice, cross-dressing is not an indicator of homosexuality.

New post up about the house renovation! They did a beautiful job, quite amazing actually!

And they have a prayer closet! I almost spit my coffee at my computer screen!

New post up about the house renovation! They did a beautiful job, quite amazing actually!
And they have a prayer closet! I almost spit my coffee at my computer screen!

Haha an actual prayer closet. I guess they can go in there and individually at times in Christenese, go essentially FML time to put on a smile and continue the charade.

They did do a good job. I did get a chuckle out of the mention of the "whole" in the master bedroom. SOTDRT strikes again.

They did do a good job. I did get a chuckle out of the mention of the "whole" in the master bedroom. SOTDRT strikes again.

Oh good I wasn't the only one who had a chuckle at the whole mishap. The person writing may have been thinking about the work of replacing the whole floor due to the hole in the floor. Still though if you're going to tout the benefits of homeschooling remember proof reading and editing are essential friends. I will say though the house does look lovely.

I have been waiting for this post!!! I'm such a house Reno nerd! They did a really nice job. And they seemed to make it much more functional for a larger family. The stairway to the prayer closet is weird. I hope they allow the children to use it when they are older for when they want to be alone and away from all their siblings. 

Had to check out the pictures and totally agree they did a amazing job with a house that was quite damaged and just overall a mess.   Working in khakis notwithstanding, David had a pretty big job on his hands to fix this home.

Didn't realize that the round entryway was so short that only someone under 5'6" would pass through.   Thought it was an interesting feature but with the short height it made sense to remove it.  

What surprises me is how nice the blue exterior looks.  I am normally not into bright colors on exterior siding as too many times it's bad color choice but in this case the color / shade works very well here. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived