IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

Pris is pretty dressed up too.  I'd wager this photo was taken before/after a nice anniversary date, so the suit is probably appropriate.  

Pris really is gorgeous.  Shame about her cult.  

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13 April 2017 at 10:18 PM, hasunah said:

I was sitting next to child  on flight back from Malta to Germany . The girl was telling me all about her holidays while her parents were sleeping in their seats behind us . Sadly I was lacking duct tape to tape her mouth shut . 

I can't help feeling sorry for both of you. You wanted a peaceful flight but you must have a kind face because a child needing the reassurance that her selfish sleeping parents couldn't give her turned to you instead. You probably helped to lower her stress levels simply by listening to her. You deserve a big pat on the back.

Did anyone notice that TFDW wrote "our parents?" As in they share parents rather than each person having their own set of parents. 

2 hours ago, Exposed Collarbone said:

Did anyone notice that TFDW wrote "our parents?" As in they share parents rather than each person having their own set of parents. 

I'd rather have "our parents" than have TFDW mangle the sentiment with his shitty grammar.

2 hours ago, Exposed Collarbone said:

I think i've seen non-fundie married couples do the same thing, and I think it's meant to reflect how they're all in one family unit. I feel a little weird about it - just because referring to his parents as 'our parents' would make me feel like I've married my brother, but eh. 

also, I LOVE your username, Exposed Collarbone. So good.

2 hours ago, freealljs said:

I'd rather have "our parents" than have TFDW mangle the sentiment with his shitty grammar.

I just noticed that there was no mention of #family or #fun, and the writing wasn't completely mangled.  Maybe Paul has been doing the captions over the last few years?

And does anyone else find it odd that these two aren't with their family on Good Friday?  This seems very out of character for them.

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I just noticed that there was no mention of #family or #fun, and the writing wasn't completely mangled.  Maybe Paul has been doing the captions over the last few years?

And does anyone else find it odd that these two aren't with their family on Good Friday?  This seems very out of character for them.

Yeah, that seems very out of character for TFDW. He normally takes every holiday as an opportunity to showcase his #family. 

15 hours ago, Exposed Collarbone said:

They do look alike. If it turned out that one of their parents cheated on their partner with one of the other's parents, I would not be surprised in the slightest.

On 4/11/2017 at 9:13 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

However, I have the volume that includes a few recipes and it doesn't include the "banana rockets" that I remembered.

I finally found it in the 60s Betty Crocker Kids Cookbook:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170411-215630.thumb.jpg.aba4b4385d8d910d5f1af48f5eddc287.jpg

"Rocket salad"? This is made all the more hilarious when I recall that "rocket" was my little boy cousins' word for "penis" back in the '50s.

Happy Easter from TFDW and his sockpuppet who couldn't come up with anything original to say. 

Indoctrination has begun with Paul. I wonder if he's already confessed his sins to his parents. Isn't he about the same age as TFDW was when HE claims to have done so? 

10 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Indoctrination has begun with Paul. I wonder if he's already confessed his sins to his parents.

This kind of thing makes me so mad. Poor babies.

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Happy Easter from TFDW and his sockpuppet who couldn't come up with anything original to say. 

Indoctrination has begun with Paul. I wonder if he's already confessed his sins to his parents. Isn't he about the same age as TFDW was when HE claims to have done so? 

Looks like they're doing the #family thing again, which means that poor Pris will probably be in the #familyway again very soon. 

Wait, didn't TFDW and Pris have adult braces together??

When did they come off?

I was always reminded of the Swans (Parker Posey's character) from "Best in Show" .

(I can snark on adult braces because SADLY, I HAVE ADULT BRACES. and they're terrible) 

15 hours ago, Kak said:

This kind of thing makes me so mad. Poor babies.

In the normal world, we say kids will be kids. In the fundie world, they're convinced that they are sinners from the very beginning. Yikes. :( 

Kids in Fundie families can't be kids.  The parents or grandparents expect them to be perfect from the beginning.  They probably figure if we keep them away from the "world" they will not act like worldly kids. 

Can someone fil me in.  Why do they say, " according to the scriptures?"  Are they leaving room for retraction later?  I just haven't heard it before when people recite verses.

2 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

Can someone fil me in.  Why do they say, " according to the scriptures?"  Are they leaving room for retraction later?  I just haven't heard it before when people recite verses.

I think they're saying it's therefore unarguable. 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

In the normal world, we say kids will be kids. In the fundie world, they're convinced that they are sinners from the very beginning. Yikes. :( 

And this always makes me really mad and sometimes feels like the worst thing in fundieworld to me. That children are raised with shame and guilt because of their so called "sin". And it is not only hardcore fundies that do that - I know quite a lot evangelical christians in Germany that raise their kids like that. They might go to public school and be less sheltered than the Paul and his siblings, but they are still evil sinners that aren't allowed to be real kids. So so sad and to me this is not according to Scripture.

On 4/13/2017 at 0:35 PM, Kak said:

ITA @church_of_dog, I would feel very uncomfortable, and would hate to feel that I had to explain that to random strangers. I get that it comes from a good intention, but that doesn't make it acceptable to me. 

This is kind of an extreme example, but when I think of how there were people in the Mormon faith who would baptize Holocaust victims, I get really pissed off.  If you want to pray for someone, just go do it quietly and privately.  They don't need to know you're doing it, and you're not putting them on the spot.  If the subject of your prayer is not of your faith, then it can be really offensive to that person.  

The Mormons have stopped doing baptizing Jews, but every now and then some Mormon group will continue to do it, and it just pisses me off to no end.  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/us/jews-take-issue-with-posthumous-mormon-baptisms-beliefs.html

@Hmmm_idolatry agreed a million! They are rightfully outraged!

I have an acquaintance who is very religious (Baptist I think) and I was raised in an atheist household. She sometimes takes the stance of "if you dont believe in it then it cannot bother you" e.g. why not baptize your children? It is just water to you anyways and it would ensure live after death for your children (she is sure they would need it).

She does not understand that it still offends me even thought I do not believe in any religion. It is a question of free will. You may never force (even through politeness) your religious believes on others! 

By the way,  I have no problem participating in religious ceremony's when I decided so myself (to gratify a family in India who invite me to their temple or similar) I think it confuses my friend why one is okay for me and the other is not.

48 minutes ago, epic fail said:

why not baptize your children? It is just water to you anyways and it would ensure live after death for your children (she is sure they would need it)

But what a strange way to look at life.

As a non-believer how could you choose one religion as a just-in-case? Even if you limited yourself to one type of Christianity you would have to deal with Islam, Judaism, Mormonism (that's probably not right), Hinduism etc etc.  You'd never get yourself properly covered. :doh:

1 hour ago, epic fail said:

I have an acquaintance who is very religious (Baptist I think) and I was raised in an atheist household. She sometimes takes the stance of "if you dont believe in it then it cannot bother you" e.g. why not baptize your children? It is just water to you anyways and it would ensure live after death for your children (she is sure they would need it).

By the way,  I have no problem participating in religious ceremony's when I decided so myself (to gratify a family in India who invite me to their temple or similar) I think it confuses my friend why one is okay for me and the other is not.

I find there to be a big difference between going to someone's religous ceremony and choosing to baptize your child into something you don't believe. It does make a difference because it's disputing your right to know what is best for your child. If the shoe was on the other foot, they would cry persecution. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived