IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

Yeah, sorry not to be more clear. I follow Maddie on Instagram and the pictures she posts are at the Vegas houses, and have been for a while. She doesn’t post a ton with her husband, which leads me to believe that he is gone for work and then comes back to be with her and then baby. Pure speculation, of course. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I don't think it's the WORST thing to have 400 people, if you really know that many -- but it's SO obvious they aren't paying for anything, and it just comes across as taking advantage :/

Having 400 wasn't my issue. It was more so the wanting a big wedding. Wanting her parents to pay for it. Wanting them to pay for it 2 months after her sisters wedding. And then wrangling them into paying for her honeymoon. 

I should be fair and add that Mykelti has always gotten on my nerves. It's totally BEC but she just always came across as so young for her age but simultaneously almost condescending in how she speaks? Totally the stuff that bugs me about most people her age. 

13 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Methinks Truely needs speech therapy. Why do fundies resist getting needed services for their children?

Truely is what like 6-7 now? She's needed it for years. She should have gotten it when she was 3 and speaking like a baby. I have noticed, too, that a lot of fundies don't allow their kids to have services. But I'm also not familiar with Nevada laws. in NY, Truely would have been placed in an ESL class. But I think they call it something else now. 

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Truely is what like 6-7 now? She's needed it for years. She should have gotten it when she was 3 and speaking like a baby. I have noticed, too, that a lot of fundies don't allow their kids to have services. But I'm also not familiar with Nevada laws. in NY, Truely would have been placed in an ESL class. But I think they call it something else now. 

Truely does not speak English as a Second Language.  She may indeed have a speech/language issue and need therapy, but ESL is completely different.  If she is in public school, she may be receiving speech therapy.

Looking at the pictures of Madi on her instagram and oh my goodness she looks so young! and I mean I know she is "young" (22?) but she looks barely 18. 

Because the seasons on sister wives are scheduled so weird it feels like the "kids" are all still younger, like wasn't it just yesterday that Madi was bawling at Logan leaving for college? 

On 1/7/2018 at 9:23 PM, mango_fandango said:

I’ve seen bits about Sister Wives. I get confused; what religion are they??

The Browns used to be practicing members of the AUB church, but since they moved to Vegas they seem to have fallen away from their beliefs quite a bit. 

Does anyone know who the little (biracial?) girl is that was asked to be the flowergirl with Truely at Mykelti&Tony's wedding? 

They refer to her as Maya, and she has been "in the background" for what seems like ages now. 

Someone higher up referred to her as Tony's little sister, but she def isn't Tony's sister. She was shown on the show way before ... is she Mindy's child?

TLC must be paying for some of that wedding, otherwise that's a hell of a dent in their budget.  Many of their kids are college-aged now, so paying for expensive weddings on top of tuition, along with the normal high costs of four upscale homes and a gazillion kids, must be costing a small fortune.  TLC could be funding this as a story line.

Once the TLC cameras are gone and the Browns actually have to pay for weddings themselves, I suspect that the events will be much smaller.

Regarding Meri's B&B - my husband watched a few minutes of the show with me, and his suggestion was to have Meri sell the house that she is currently living in, and put the money down on the B&B.  It makes sense - if she lives alone, she's not using that much space.  A big house can be nice, but if she isn't really using it, it's just a money pit for utilities, property tax, mortgage payments, etc.  His suggestion was for her to stay with one of the other wives (though I don't think that would go over well) when in LV, since she'd probably spend a lot of time at the new place anyway.  That would reduce the debt load for the new place and hopefully make it profitable more quickly.

2 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

TLC must be paying for some of that wedding, otherwise that's a hell of a dent in their budget.  Many of their kids are college-aged now, so paying for expensive weddings on top of tuition, along with the normal high costs of four upscale homes and a gazillion kids, must be costing a small fortune.  TLC could be funding this as a story line.

Once the TLC cameras are gone and the Browns actually have to pay for weddings themselves, I suspect that the events will be much smaller.

Regarding Meri's B&B - my husband watched a few minutes of the show with me, and his suggestion was to have Meri sell the house that she is currently living in, and put the money down on the B&B.  It makes sense - if she lives alone, she's not using that much space.  A big house can be nice, but if she isn't really using it, it's just a money pit for utilities, property tax, mortgage payments, etc.  His suggestion was for her to stay with one of the other wives (though I don't think that would go over well) when in LV, since she'd probably spend a lot of time at the new place anyway.  That would reduce the debt load for the new place and hopefully make it profitable more quickly.

I agree that Meri could get a good chunk of the money for the B&B front he sale of her house in the cul de sac. Who is going to buy it though? Who would want to go live in the middle of that crazy? Fifth wife? 

@zephyr @crawfishgirl I wouldn't be surprised if they installed a gate at the start of their cul de sac. You never see any neighbors. Not even neighborhood kids just playing on an empty street. I don't know a single sane person who would want to live in the middle of that cul de sac. But I do agree Meri really doesn't need that house. The other wives have a bunch of kids at home. Meri didn't really need it when they first built it. Mariah was already almost gone. I have nothing against empty nesters having huge houses. It's just a different circumstance when there's 20 other kids to feed and educate and she wants a wet bar.

I don't actually watch the show, just read the recaps so I wasnt super annoyed by Meris catfish whining and moaning. I also have been in a loveless marriage and understand how easy it is to let someone online make you feel attractive and intelligent. 

I really hope Meris B and B works out for her and she lives a happily independent life in Utah while pretending to work on her marriage for the show. 

I didn't know until just now that Mariah is gay. Good for her! I do wonder why she was so adamant that she wanted to be polygamous as a teenager. Insecure because of her parents' religion? IDK. 

15 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I didn't know until just now that Mariah is gay. Good for her! I do wonder why she was so adamant that she wanted to be polygamous as a teenager. Insecure because of her parents' religion? IDK. 

Partially I think because she was always the "perfect" child and wanted to stay in that role...but also because polygamy was an acceptable way for her to explore her desire to have close relationships with other women.  

Maybe now that Meri has a new story line, they can drop the catfish nonsense. That was way too dragged out for me. I didn't want the premiere so thanks @Fun Undies for the recap! :) 

Thanks so much for the recap Fun Undies! I read one on Yahoo the other day but yours was way more entertaining.

I've been getting bored of the Duggars so I'll probably start watching Sister Wives again. I got bored with them right around the time they finished building the houses and stopped watching and only stayed up to date online.

I still think the whole "we're afraid of getting arrested so we're moving to Las Vegas in three days" was all kinds of messed up, considering they had so many kids in high school at the time. But that's just me.

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Maybe now that Meri has a new story line, they can drop the catfish nonsense. That was way too dragged out for me. I didn't want the premiere so thanks @Fun Undies for the recap! :) 

I hope the catfish story is over and done with. I don't want another season of her whining about it. 

12 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

9 hours ago, zephyr said:

I agree that Meri could get a good chunk of the money for the B&B front he sale of her house in the cul de sac. Who is going to buy it though? Who would want to go live in the middle of that crazy? Fifth wife? 

I literally "Rufus Bless"ed both of these posts, because I so want it to happen . . . it ain't gonna . . . but the whole season of Meri clinging to the wet bar, while a fifth wife is being courted would send the ratings through the roof.

I mean, hey, I really don't wish ill on anyone - but Meri has a special kind of way of really twisting downright anything into "Poor me", and though I still wish her well with this B&B endeavor, I'm also hoping we don't have a whole season of her moping about her family "not caring" enough to fund her going away for significant amounts of time.

Though then again . . depending on the way the rest of them feel about her now, maybe they're willing to pay, so she's gone?!  :P  Maybe if anything, they rent one of the five bedrooms for the married adults - Madison and Caleb, Mykelti and Tony, and eventually Logan and Michelle (and that's literally how "Sister Wives: Counting On - in one house - married style" starts :pb_lol: )

8 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Partially I think because she was always the "perfect" child and wanted to stay in that role...but also because polygamy was an acceptable way for her to explore her desire to have close relationships with other women.  

Yeah, I totally agree. I actually  rewatched the first season of the show after she came out last season and in one episode she even says, "I can't wait to have sister wives!" 

But if Merri's house wasn't there, where would they hold Cody's Church of Merri's living room?  (yes I'm being sarcastic)

On 1/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they installed a gate at the start of their cul de sac.

There is a gate.

So, when building/buying a home, one should always consider the end game....when you eventually need/want to sell it.  Buy across the street from the freeway cause it's cheap?  Same applies when you sell. 

Build a "compound" of McMansions behind a gate? Unless you unload all 4 of them at the same time, good luck finding a single homebuyer who wants to be in a compound with .... them.....

The most fun I used to have with this show was when I would turn off the sound, turn on the closed captioning and watch the body language. That family had the most miserable happy people I had ever seen.

24 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Build a "compound" of McMansions behind a gate? Unless you unload all 4 of them at the same time, good luck finding a single homebuyer who wants to be in a compound with .... them.....

I feel like this would be a great opportunity for another reality show. Just a regular Joe or Jane going "you would not believe what these idiots did today..."

Akin to a Big Brother-type show.... I'd probably watch it.  Snort.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived