IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

Dayam, missed Axl Rose by a hair and a bandanna.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Axel definitely has that old man look down pat. :P Oh those cheeks! 

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the middle name James is shared with Caleb.

If Maddie didn't already have a brother named Hunter that would've been my guess for the name. I bet Caleb wishes he could've used it. 

I think we stikk have time to see Curtis used as a middle name option but I don't see them using it as a first name for future children, they seem to like modern names.

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 9:07 PM, Carm_88 said:

So much Kody weeping. The kid's middle name will probably be Kody. ;) 

I'm pretty sure Solomon's middle name is Kody :pb_rollseyes: that poor kid has such an odd name. 

• 1 month later...

Good for them. They seem like a perfect match. :)

I'm following Janelle on Instagram and her motivation to make better life choices (exercise, food etc.) is really inspiring. She seems like she's really thriving. 

6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Will there ever be another season of sister wives? TLC hasn't listed them, but I don't know if they only list shows that are currently airing.

If there is, I hope they stop beating the dead catfish horse with a stick. We don't need that again.

4 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

If there is, I hope they stop beating the dead catfish horse with a stick. We don't need that again.

I totally agree. A tiny list of things that would be more interesting than the infamous catfish shebang: What does Kody do all day? How does he earn a living? Is the jewellery atrocity called My sister wife's closet still alive? Does Robyn really design all that crap? How does Janelle's garden look? How did she build it, was she successful this year (according to her Insta, yes she was), how is her weight loss journey going? How have the family's eating habits changed? What does Christine do with the many hours Kody doesn't (want to) spend with her? How's Mykelti and Whatshisname's marriage going? Madison and Caleb's baby's birth? Why do they live with her folks in the Cult de Sac and not in Montana (was it Montana or Wyoming? Or another state?)? How are the other kids doing in school (Kudos to the Browns for having chosen public school over homeschooling one day and encouraging a college education!)? What are the older kids' career aspirations? Does Aspyn still live with Robyn and how do they get along? Have Mariah and Meri reconciled? How's Mariah doing after her coming-out? What did Logan sway to propose to Michelle? When are they going to marry? Big wedding vs. small(ish) wedding with just his and her families? How are the older boys doing in the military? Will Meri ever go back to school and work with teens (I think she did pretty well in that field)? Does Christine have a steady job? Will Robyn ever get pregnant again? How is Dayton doing by now (he seemed miserable at first, later seemed to do much better within the family)? Will Janelle and Meri ever find something they both like to do, some common ground? And the most intriguing question of all: How much money has family therapist Nancy made over the years and why is it that the Browns (seemingly) have learned so little from their sessions?

• 5 weeks later...

Saw photos in numerous Disneyland Facebook groups yesterday that Kody, Meri and at least Christine were at Disneyland.  Apparrently there a Lu La Roe convention in Anaheim. 

It confuses me that some of the Browns decided to get into LulaRoe? But I suppose because they have somewhat of a fan following they may have an easier time making money? 

I love @Pretzel's show ideas, and did see that My Sisterwife's Closet still has an active Instagram that is just as cheesy and un-hip as the jewelry itself... 

• 1 month later...

Sister Wives is finally available in Finland! Or at least I hadn't noticed it before. I had previously just seen random clips on YouTube and deemed it cringy as hell... watching a couple episodes, yup, it's still so cringey. Last time I watched it was a trip they did with two RVs and visited some historical site for mormons where a lot of shenanigans happened... it was really interesting when their guide said that a lot of people opposed their visit as they're polygamous. Totally understand their POV, I mean, it's pretty damn controversial.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge surprise!! I felt like this family had run its course and now that the cameras were gone the adults would go their separate ways richer but worse for wear. There's got to be a biblical 7 deadly sins story here somewhere. 

I agree, I didn't expect these folks to do another season. So Meri wants to open a B&B in Utah, yet resume an "intimate relationship" with Kody. Huh. Can't wait for the secondhand embarrassment while watching those discussions. Also, opening a business in another state doesn't exactly scream "happy big family".

The B&B is open.  There was a local newspaper article about it.

31 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The B&B is open.  There was a local newspaper article about it.

How should I search for the article? I would like to read it.

Ooops don't trust my memory today.  It's been shot ever since my mom got a $6K tax bill.  The good news is that I know it's in error so I'll deal with it next week, but still another hassle in life.

https://starcasm.net/archives/380673

https://lizziesheritageinn.com/

One of the links no longer works but these should give enough info.

Thank you, and I'm really happy for her. I know she's not the most popular wife but I've always really liked her. I hope the inn supports itself and her and she had a very happy life in Utah. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Rachel333 for posting sneak peek!  I hadn't seen it yet, and dare I say - I'm kinda interested to see this season?  Of course with our luck, it will be seven boring two hour episodes, and then they show the B&B for like fifteen minutes in the season finale, with Maddie giving birth, and then that's it :P

But fingers crossed we see some actual reflection of their daily lives - and not just "emotional fodder".  On one hand I don't blame Kody for slowing down the Meri ride, and saying he's not ready for the "full" intimacy of their relationship to resume.  I mean, we all know that if that Sam guy had been real, she would have been g-o-n-e.  But I do find it a bit weird for him to be all "You're always my wife, I love you, we're still married, we'll get through this" (paraphrasing), and honestly I felt like he was more into their marriage than she was (at least at that point), but now he's not su sure?  I mean, the guy can change his mind of course, and emotional intimacy, is certainly different than physical, but still - it just seems interesting to me that he seemed so gung ho to repair their marriage, but in that area, isn't so sure after all.

Though of course it could just be TLC's usual sneaky commercial editing, and the scene isn't really like that all by the time the episode airs!

On 12/15/2017 at 6:59 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Ooops don't trust my memory today.  It's been shot ever since my mom got a $6K tax bill.  The good news is that I know it's in error so I'll deal with it next week, but still another hassle in life.

@Coconut Flan, thanks for posting those links for Meri's B&B!  I'm actually kinda happy for her, because it's obviously been a big dream of hers, and what an amazing family history!  My family members are like the Romani people, we don't really stay anywhere long, we're wanderers and love exploring new places <3  So anyways, I can't really imagine having a property where multi generations built, stayed and lived in :D

But I'm definitely curious to see if she's living there full time, or maybe Annie does, to do the day to day stuff?  (I think the commercial said her and Annie were looking at the house, right?).  Anyways, between the B&B, Maddie's pregnancy, Mykelti's wedding, and maybe Logan's engagement, and Mariah's first girlfriend, and some medical issues for Christine's daughter (her name escapes me now!) . . .  I mean, wow, there's a lot going on!

Alsoplusalso, CF, fingers crossed you were able to get that tax issue resolved for your mom ~ what a headache!! 

5 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Anyways, between the B&B, Maddie's pregnancy, Mykelti's wedding, and maybe Logan's engagement, and Mariah's first girlfriend, and some medical issues for Christine's daughter (her name escapes me now!) . . .  I mean, wow, there's a lot going on!

I know, they've actually got a lot to cover!

The first episode is actually already out on TLC GO. It mostly covers meeting Tony's family and Meri buying the B&B. She's doing it with Christine's mother, which was interesting because the two of them seem to be fairly close and I hadn't noticed that before.

Kody also made a comment about being done with having kids himself, and it kind of looked like Robyn might not entirely agree with that.

Kody and Meri have very similar hair in that photo. 

Kody is just not an attractive man at all. Hard to believe FOUR women find/found him attractive enough to have kids with! 

@mango_fandango I don't find him aesthetically *unpleasing*, but I know over on the Cynical Jinx blog, they've often described him as the man with the "beady little eyes" and glaring daggers, and now I can't unsee that :pb_lol:

And thanks @Rachel333, I'll see if I can go check it out :)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived