IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

Unless the 5-year-old has a disability or is a total slob, he should be capable of feeding himself without messing up his clothes. Normal kids his age are in school all day. Nobody in kindergarten wears a damn bib.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Unless the 5-year-old has a disability or is a total slob, he should be capable of feeding himself without messing up his clothes. Normal kids his age are in school all day. Nobody in kindergarten wears a damn bib.

Hmmm. 

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. He's also been spotted in a high chair at the age of 3.

Of course, this is none of our business, and it's not like they'd ever post about it (and why should they?) but I just really really hope he's getting the treatment he needs, if that is the case. 

On 5/6/2017 at 0:35 AM, Dandruff said:

Joshua and Lydia are wearing the bibs too, by why would they need them at all if they're eating outside?  To avoid stains?  What if they get dirty while playing?

The spawn of Prissy Chrissy can't ever get dirty.  (Also, am I the only one who has ever wondered in NR Anna irons Chris's socks & underwear?)

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Or because MDs generally do nothing for a fracture toe.

Or Steve is just too cheap for medical care.

I vote with option #2.

26 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

The spawn of Prissy Chrissy can't ever get dirty.  (Also, am I the only one who has ever wondered in NR Anna irons Chris's socks & underwear?)

If they use a "solar dryer" to dry their stuff, I. e., a clothesline, the clothes usually come out pretty wrinkle-free.  However, the laundry is mighty stiff and scratchy, which is why Grampwych does NOT want his tighty-whiteys line-dried.

Come to think of it, this might be why Christopher always looks so prissy.  Scratchy-even-though-ironed BVD's would do that.

Best time to dry clothes on the line:  sunny day, with a stiff breeze, but it's rained within the last couple of days so the dust is minimal, and a neighbor upwind is mowing their lawn.  The clothes come out fairly soft, not too dusty, and have a nice breezy scent with a touch of grass.  I think it happened twice when I had to dry my clothes on the line.

Also, put up a four strand clothes line so you can hang sheets on both of the lines facing the public, and the rest of the clothes in the middle.  Make sure to put the unmentionables in the center so as to keep them as hidden as possible.

OK I just got home from camping at a local state park with friends and we did not "fellowship", we had FUN!  We are also church going Christians, Sat we picked up litter on the park grounds cuz we care about keeping the park clean and the environment.  Also on Sat we had a potluck in the evening and said grace too.  We also sat around the campfire and sampled homemade wines some of the club members brought and rum I brought back from what some might call a vacation which was delicious.         I agree Ruthie looks like she is over it.  Free Ruthie!      I think Amish Anna is just too lazy to deal with  cleaning up her kids after a meal and Prissy Chris probably thinks its wimmens work.   Stud John made an appearance.  Funny he wasn't at the Easter dinner.  LMAO at picnic eggs.

I also grilled brats for my supper on Fri, one ejaculated but caused no damage.

Sarah is wearing a thin braid in her hair in that picture. I'm 2 years younger than her, and I was thinking the other day that I'm way too old to do that. Sarah, still trying to look young. 

Joshua and Christina are the same age. Ruthanne is a little older than Drew. The stark differences in how those kids are being raised is going to cause issues at some point, if they aren't already.  

6 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah is wearing a thin braid in her hair in that picture. I'm 2 years younger than her, and I was thinking the other day that I'm way too old to do that. Sarah, still trying to look young. 

:my_confused: Now I'm a little paranoid. I'm thirty-two and I still wear my hair like that, especially when I'm going somewhere beach-y or a concert (granted, not exactly Sarah Maxwell destinations).  She is 35, not exactly an old lady. Non-fundie women her age still go to Coachella and Bonnarroo. A lot of people would still qualify her as young (though yeah, the little girl flower headbands maybe need to go).

It looks like Joshua is feeding himself with a spoon, so I'm hoping it's not developmental delays and is just Chris and NR-Anna being super anal. I would really feel for a developmentally delayed/disabled kid stuck in the Maxwell clan.

That's an interesting point about how the cousins are going to see the differences in how they're being raised as they get older. Though Steve and Teri would probably criticize Nathan's family for being too worldly if the differences ever caused any problems.

The bibs are absolutely ridiculous on the two older ones. I can't believe that thing actually fit the almost five year old. It was probably practically strangling the poor boy. My kids haven't worn bibs since they were one. Because they hated them. So I didn't force the issue. Those kids don't get a choice though. About anything it seems. Poor kids. 

The Maxwells remind of a friend of mine's family. Her parents were religious and crazy strict and overprotective. They forced she and her siblings to wear "aprons" at the dinner table until they were 12. They were glorified bibs. On 12 year olds....

I think you are supposed to rape two goes together when you break one. I hope Sarah at least asked Dr Google what to do about her toe.

I think Chris and NR-Anna might hate when their children get stains on their clothes hence the bibs.  

On 5/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, nausicaa said:

It looks like Joshua is feeding himself with a spoon, so I'm hoping it's not developmental delays and is just Chris and NR-Anna being super anal. I would really feel for a developmentally delayed/disabled kid stuck in the Maxwell clan.

I'm going for super anal.

I'm guessing NR-Anna expects to have lots more kids and wants to be able to hand those clothes down.

We know she sews very well, do you all think she makes all the kids clothes?

Bibs are very useful for older kids, and you can often 'liberate' some from their last hospital stay or the school nurse. I like the kind with canvas/waterproofing on one side and terry cloth on the other. You can use the edge as a washcloth when doing g-tube feedings and they catch drool and vomit too. Great for people with low muscle tone around their mouth.

.........wait, we aren't talking about special needs kids? Most kids can pull it off at some point between 1-2 and it never goes back on. Little kids are super messy. They will run, get muddy, etc. Bring a change of shirt.

21 minutes ago, kpmom said:

We know she sews very well, do you all think she makes all the kids clothes?

Yes, between labor contractions.

On 5/4/2017 at 10:49 AM, nausicaa said:

@sparkles was the best! Come back oh sparkly one!

And ditto to the posters above who don't understand why the Maxwells didn't stick with their contracting company. They seemed really good at it, it's a constantly in demand business, it met all of their religious requirements, and was all manly man. The only thing I can think is that the sons really didn't like it? But John comes off as a guy who likes more active work. Maybe they didn't like being in non-believers' homes? 

Contractors need to be insured & licensed. They have to follow local government codes & regulations & get permits and someone needs to inspect their work. Meaning, real life interaction with what may be non godly people; they can't learn it at home like they can their computer certifications - it's hands on. 

They also have experience & references - small time contractors rely heavily on references. They start small to get the experience. They accept the input of others to learn more and progress. 

Basically, being a contractor is too worldly for a Maxwell to be successful at. They can't hide in their bubble to learn or earn.

I am pretty sure that no matter the quality of their work there are far too many non-godly regulations and obligations in order to be successful.

Sarah wrote a reply stating she spoke to a nurse about her toe. It seems that nurse would have at least told her to tape the toe to the next one to immobilize it. Also, an x-ray would have been wise. Sometimes a sliver of bone breaks away and needs to be pinned. My son broke a finger in kickball years ago. He had to have surgery to insert two pins. It was amazing, actually, that the hand surgeon could pin those slivers - one was extremely tiny. 

I wonder how the Maxwell family defines "a nurse."  

12 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Sarah wrote a reply stating she spoke to a nurse about her toe. It seems that nurse would have at least told her to tape the toe to the next one to immobilize it.

she may have had a conversation with a nurse at the assisted living facility where they annoy minister to the residents.  and i wonder if the nurse actually examined her.

22 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

A godless hell bound heathen who is not woman enough to live under the umbrella of protection of her dad or husband. 

But handy when a Maxwell needs a professional opinion!

Per Sarah: Almost two weeks ago, a 30 pound kettlebell rolled out of a vehicle onto my foot and made its impression on my big toe.

This sentence is about as clear as mud. How exactly did the "kettlebell" roll out of a vehicle and onto her foot? She couldn't have been in the vehicle with it because she said it rolled out. So, was she on the street and a vehicle stopped and it rolled out? I don't understand! It's worded so strangely. I guess she was trying to sound creative with the part about it leaving its impression on her big toe. What a convoluted mess!

My thought was that maybe it was in the bed of a pick-up truck and the tailgate was down.

i really hope  they don't store kettle-bells in pickup beds; if that were ejected during a crash, it could kill somebody.  i stopped putting groceries in the back seat of my car after reading that an airborne gallon of milk has the potential to break your neck.

today i was with people who were discussing some of the insane shit we did in cars back in the 70s before they were illegal and our parents understood how dangerous they really were--standing up in the back seat, riding in open pickups, sitting on the console between front bucket seats, sitting on laps in the front seat, three or four children in the backs of station wagons, children with no seatbelts, basically anything that could kill you in even a minor accident.

Not to skip back a topic, but I'm shocked they were able to get a company like Marlow White as a client.  That is business with clients worldwide has a heck of a lot more traffic to its site than Titus2.  

My friend is a 40 year-old lawyer and sometimes wears a braid like Sarah's in her hair. It looks cute. I don't see a problem with it. You are never too old to do what you want with your own hair. I have seen women in their 60s/70s with hot pink hair. I get irritated with the you can only do something with your hair at a certain age. 

As to the toe thing, I am a slight hypochondriac so i would rather have the doctor tell me they can't do anything than worry i am damaging my entire foot because I didn't have the doctor take a look at it. 

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

:my_confused: Now I'm a little paranoid. I'm thirty-two and I still wear my hair like that, especially when I'm going somewhere beach-y or a concert (granted, not exactly Sarah Maxwell destinations).  She is 35, not exactly an old lady. Non-fundie women her age still go to Coachella and Bonnarroo. A lot of people would still qualify her as young (though yeah, the little girl flower headbands maybe need to go).

That's an interesting point about how the cousins are going to see the differences in how they're being raised as they get older. Though Steve and Teri would probably criticize Nathan's family for being too worldly if the differences ever caused any problems.

Yeah, Nathan's family would be branded the less-godly one. Their kids actually went on an Easter egg hunt once. (Hopefully more than once.)

Sarah's braid is kinda hippie -- I'm surprised Stevie allowed it.  Braids of all kinds have been popular again for a few years, but hers definitely has that "I'm stoned at an outdoor concert" vibe. 

ETA:  She's making that coffee an idol, and is it possible that braid is a clip-on from the dollar store?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived