IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

He looks like he's pooping....lol.

That's what I thought too.  I love the picture on the right.  He looks like he's totally over it.  The reality is that he probably is making that expression because he's pooping himself. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

4 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

At the risk of downvotes, I'm not seeing 'cute'. The one time I dared to say Spurgeon was merely 'ordinarily cute' and not 'OMG adorable' the post was down voted.

I think Spurgeon is way cuter than any of the other Duggar kids I've seen (only fair considering he got the hideous name), but yeah, I see kids just as cute all the time.

3 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

I think Spurgeon is way cuter than any of the other Duggar kids I've seen (only fair considering he got the hideous name), but yeah, I see kids just as cute all the time.

I agree with this. Most kids are cute in their own way. Spurgeon just has a lot going for him, looks and personality. 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I agree with this. Most kids are cute in their own way. Spurgeon just has a lot going for him, looks and personality. 

He does seem like a fun, easygoing little guy. I'd be happy to babysit him for an afternoon (not that they'd let me :pb_evil:).

Jessa does a good job of showing Spuddy being cute. We haven't seen as much of the other kids. Spud is adorable and seems happy and spunky.

Now that we know Spurgeon's personality, I'm really hoping they start calling him Elliot when he starts to talk. I know, anything is better than Spurgeon. But he seems like a happy go lucky, laid back, playful, and go with the flow kind of kid. To me, the name Elliot captures him perfectly.

Now that we know Spurgeon's personality, I'm really hoping they start calling him Elliot when he starts to talk. I know, anything is better than Spurgeon. But he seems like a happy go lucky, laid back, playful, and go with the flow kind of kid. To me, the name Elliot captures him perfectly.

Interesting. You and I must consider the name Elliot differently. Elliot, to me, is about as far from go-with-the-flow as you can get. If Rory's bf Logan (from Gilmore Girls) had been a bit more straighlaced, I think he'd have been an Elliot. I have a *really* hard time seeing him as an Elliot as his personality comes out, even tho his first name is unfortunate.

The name Elliott will forever be connected with Mr. Elliott in Jane Austen's Persuasion in my mind. This character actually would fit right in with his smugness. Sadly I can see Spurgeon becoming like him. He is the golden grandson right now. If this continues and he stays adorable / handsome he might become a Josh 2.0 (without the molestation issues!). On the other hand, if the Seewald continue with this pregnancy rate they won't have time to produce him as the perfect grandchild anymore. 

I sometimes wonder if Jill/Derick and Josh/Anna are jealous or hurt because to me it looks like as if Spurgeon gets the most attention show wise and family wise. Of course I could be totally wrong. We only see a very small and heavily scripted version of their life, it is really hard to make a valid assumption about their feelings for each other or their character (apart from the believes they promote).

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Elliot just makes me think of law and order svu!

out of the two I vote Elliot from ET 

:D

and in the  newest picture from the Ark - it's time to cut Spud's hair 

8 hours ago, missegeno said:

Interesting. You and I must consider the name Elliot differently. Elliot, to me, is about as far from go-with-the-flow as you can get. If Rory's bf Logan (from Gilmore Girls) had been a bit more straighlaced, I think he'd have been an Elliot. I have a *really* hard time seeing him as an Elliot as his personality comes out, even tho his first name is unfortunate.

I find Elliot to be more formal as well. I still think they should have named him Charles. He looks like a little Charlie to me.

I think of Pierre Elliott Trudeau, not exactly the person that the Seewalds would want Spurgeon to emulate.  

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Henry looks like Aunt Jinger with those facial expressions. :P 

I'm seeing "You've GOT to be kidding me" on the left, and "Oh God, how did I end up with these people?" on the right

9 hours ago, missegeno said:

Ah I totally forgot about the other Elliots in pop culture. I know a few Elliots in real life who have Spurgeon's personality, but I guess most other people don't. 

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The name Elliott will forever be connected with Mr. Elliott in Jane Austen's Persuasion in my mind. This character actually would fit right in with his smugness. Sadly I can see Spurgeon becoming like him. He is the golden grandson right now. If this continues and he stays adorable / handsome he might become a Josh 2.0 (without the molestation issues!). On the other hand, if the Seewald continue with this pregnancy rate they won't have time to produce him as the perfect grandchild anymore. 

I sometimes wonder if Jill/Derick and Josh/Anna are jealous or hurt because to me it looks like as if Spurgeon gets the most attention show wise and family wise. Of course I could be totally wrong. We only see a very small and heavily scripted version of their life, it is really hard to make a valid assumption about their feelings for each other or their character (apart from the believes they promote).

I find this interesting. I agree that the public seems to heavily favor Spurgeon. Israel does not get as many "He's sooo cute" comments on instagram than Spurgeon does. I am not sure why, but I speculate it might be Jessa's skill at publicity, his looks (unfortunately), and of course his charm. But where do you see the Duggars themselves favoring Spurgeon? The show, too me, actually seems to treat Israel and Spurgeon equally while ignoring Josh's kids.

1 minute ago, ginger135 said:

I find this interesting. I agree that the public seems to heavily favor Spurgeon. Israel does not get as many "He's sooo cute" comments on instagram than Spurgeon does. I am not sure why, but I speculate it might be Jessa's skill at publicity, his looks (unfortunately), and of course his charm. But where do you see the Duggars themselves favoring Spurgeon? The show, too me, actually seems to treat Israel and Spurgeon equally while ignoring Josh's kids.

When the Duggar kidults were asked about the two of them, they described Spurgeon as easy going and laid back, while Israel got I think energetic and stuff that made it seem to some people like he was a handful. I don't know if that's what they meant. I don't know if they ignore Josh's kids either, it's hard to tell because they are so rarely seen. 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

When the Duggar kidults were asked about the two of them, they described Spurgeon as easy going and laid back, while Israel got I think energetic and stuff that made it seem to some people like he was a handful. I don't know if that's what they meant. I don't know if they ignore Josh's kids either, it's hard to tell because they are so rarely seen. 

Oh right. I wonder if there's an element of truth to their descriptions of each child, which would lead the Duggars to favor Spurgeon for much the same reasons the public does. Regarding Josh's kids, I meant that the show ignores them. I agree, we don't know if the Duggars themselves ignore them or not. I'd guess that they aren't as close as Josh's kids as they are to Israel and Spurgeon, but who knows.

29 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I would think they were pretty close to Josh's kids.  Didn't they live in the TTH while he was in Jesus jail?

Yes, I believe that Anna and the kids did move to the TTH, when Josh went to prayhab. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

out of the two I vote Elliot from ET 

:D

and in the  newest picture from the Ark - it's time to cut Spud's hair 

His hair looks perfectly fine, so why don't we let his parents decide when to cut it.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

His hair looks perfectly fine, so why don't we let his parents decide when to cut it.

Ahhh as a sage old grandma, I think when hair is dangling over the face and eyes, obscuring vision and little hands are constantly swiping it away, it IS time for a trim...My granddaughter MAY or may not be sporting the exact same hair as Spurgeon- and I MAY or may not have mentioned this same advice to my daughter like a thousand times. 

I know it's the parent's choice, but sometimes it does scream in my mind what an idiotic choice some parents might be making.

Let the down votes begin.

IMG_3696.JPG

Spurgeon's hair isn't even that long. It's not like it's forming a curtain over his eyes and he's walking into walls because he can't see. Same with the picture above. Not seeing it as a problem or an idiotic choice.

This will include lunch & meet and great with Jessa! Online ticket confirmation will be required for admission. Men, infants and children under the age of 9 will be regretfully ineligible to attend.

Why aren't men allowed? lol. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived