IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, I'm a no-longer-fundie Christian married mom of 2. I'm a college student, I love to cook (but hate to clean the kitchen), and I believe that God loves me just as much as He loves my husband, which helped me to let go of a lot of what I was taught when I was growing up. :)

I'm going to go by Anaya on this site; it's not my real name, but that's ok. Anonymity for the win! Anaya means "freedom" according to baby names dot com, and they're never wrong, so I thought I'd go with something that alludes to me feeling a bit like a phoenix now that I'm moving away from... all of that crazy.

:) Thanks for the welcome, y'all!

ridethekick wrote:

Wissmanns!!!! I love them, and I obsessively read a whole lot of other blogs in their community.

The Wissmann boys are slightly defrauding, too. I've been reading Bethany's blog for a long time, and also the Beasly's blogs. Dan's sister Anna has a blog sillypippi1.blogspot.com that I follow. She's so awkward as to be cringe-worthy.

edited to remove link

I love the wissmans! I frequently visit their blog. Along with Bethany's and Kori's. And several others from family's in their community. All their boys are sexy! The oldest is kind of homely looking but Kori's husband, and the 2 boys still at home are delicious! Bethany's husband dan can be rather defrauding sometimes, too.

Welcome!

Also, I think "Level 7 Blasphemer" should be a new title at FJ, 8-)

I love it! That could be for when you reach 7,000 posts (I'll be tired of being WalMartha by then! - lol)

So I've been obsessed with the Duggars and their "friends" for a few years now, but only just found this site recently! Had no idea how many peers I actually had. My husband is so glad I found more of my people, because most of the time he could care less.

But anyway, hope this hasn't been brought up before, but after watching that 20/20...Dateline...whatever it was on the Bates family, I found a very hypocritical issue. They claim to leave their offspring # up to God, yet Kelly Bates seemed to be turning to some pretty extreme fertility treatment measures in order to try to get pregnant. Isn't this COMPLETELY going against "letting God decide" how many children to have?!?!?!?

---new FJ addict---

Welcome jellyhope! U are not the only person to feel that way about the bates and their fertility treatments. Then again, I find most fundies to cross the hypocrisy line often over a wide variety of issues.

Glad u found us, u have friends here :)

Welcome to FJ!

We actually have a thread on that very topic, whether or not taking fertility treatments goes against "letting God decide." Gil and Kelly said they only take progesterone so that any pregnancy that does happen can continue, because it's a baby that needs help or something. Their last couple of kids have had some serious problems at birth too...

I didn't really care about the Duggars before I found FJ; I'm writing a story about an entirely Dominionist/QF country and needed some minor info about them, that's how I found FJ in the first place :D

I did years ago, but it wasn't about this particular topic. My sister (the older one) and I have been interested in stay-at-home-daughters blogs for several years now, though. "Maidens of Worth" was one of our gateway blogs.

The funny thing is, actually, that my younger sister, the one fresh out rehab, is now a Christian!!! I LOLed.

I had forgotten all about the "Maidens of Worth" girls! Sad to see that their blog has shut down. :( Welcome to FJ!

I would guess that conception is the part where they rely on God and and once that is accomplished they are free to partake in medical intervention in order to sustain a pregnancy.

The line on letting god decide is the dumbest thing.

Dear god, I have this yummy cotton candy sitting here next to me. If thou willest, I shall consume all of the cotton candy you have provided to me since I wouldnt have bought it and opened it if it were not your will. Thank you and Amen... chomp chomp chomp.

The Quiverfull view sets itself up for this complication. On one hand, they are supposed to leave it up to God/nature/chance/whatever, although I think that would make more sense if they didn't have sex at all and then it truly would be God's will if they had a kid.

But on the other hand, children are considered blessings, and are even viewed as a sign that God is pleased with them and is rewarding them with children. So it encourages QF families to have as many "blessings" as possible, as a trophy of how much God loves them.

It becomes "children are unequivocally good and you should have as many as possible" versus "don't try either way and just see what happens". And I don't believe for a second that the famous QF families are leaving it up to chance. Michelle charts her cycles and tried for every one of those kids. Kelly probably did too. It's a competition between them.

Welcome. And the line really does seem to be drawn at conception. I remember hearing on the episode how Kelly said that once the "baby" was conceived then they would do everything to help it live. I believe she compared the fetus to one of her middle children, like if something had happened to one of them they would do anything they could to help the child so why wouldn't they do the same for the one Kelly is carrying. Fundy logic at the best.

when the whole family prays to god for more children and even fast then no they are not leaving it up to god. I think they are desperate for more kids I think they think they will get god brownie points doing it.

Hi I've posted here before but I've never introduced myself. My name is lovelyinblack ,I'm a senior in highschool, and I'm interested in fundies because I attended a fundie-lite Christian school that made my elementary through early highschool years hell on earth. I will post my whole story later if you want me to. I did not post it now because it is a very long story.

Anyway, I'm here to rant and I also want to ask for your advice and opinions on something; since I don't feel like I can talk to anybody else right now. My best friend still goes there and the only way I can put this is... she's up the school's butt. She knows about the crap that goes on there but she just pretends that it does not exist. She also gets pissy and tells me to lighten up with me whenever something negative is said about the place. Which really pisses me off because she knows I'm not a negative person and knows how much that school damaged me emotionally. She also knows that I'm still suffering from it. It's so bad that i can't go into a church without getting nauseas. It's not like I bring up the school in our convos either it just happens we usually both bring it up unintentionally. I really don't want to lose her to this place; they've definately brainwashed her to a point where I'm beginning to wonder if our friendship is going to last. I really don't see how going to a school that dehumanizes anyone outside their school makes her a "better Christian". I'm sick of this bull.

Hi Lovely -- I empathize with your situation. It sounds like you have significant scars from the trauma at that school and I don't think it's a great idea for you to tackle this alone. Do you have a counselor at your new school who could help you? I think it is a really natural inclination we ALL have to try to help our friends/family see the error in their ways but if that is triggering your emotions because of past traumas then you need some help - call in the troops. You might not be the best person to help your friend out, even though you desperately WANT to be. You can't be a good friend unless you care for yourself.

Hi bionicmlle thanks for replying it really means alot to me. At this point I'm not sure if i can talk to a counsellor because I have a hard time trusting people. I can talk to my mom about it but she'll probably just get very upset with my friend and I don't want that. I do have one more adult friend that I can talk to though. I'm doing what i can to take care of myself emotionally it's been a slow process but I'm getting there :)

Archived