IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh I should have done this a long time ago, what a warm welcome.

My gateway fundies were the Duggars, naturally. Reason I dug into the duggars, (pun intended) was that I grew up around a crap ton of Irish people named Duggar and Duggan and they all pronounce their names Doo-gar and Doo-gan and I thought that was odd.

I also know a fair amount of Opus Dei people IRL, and religious people in general make me nervous and uncomfortable, so I think I found a home of sorts in FJ.

Welcome aboard!

You must share your gateway fundie. It's a FJ rite of passage. :mrgreen:

I really love the concept of "gateway fundies"

Welcome!

Welcome, and love your username and the title to this thread. I thought for a moment that is it was some fundy FJ has been snarking on for a long time coming out and saying they actually read here :)

You sound more interesting though :)

• 3 weeks later...

And oh my gosh, can I just tell you how awesome it is I found this site :). I have been watching the Duggars since their first tv special and since then have been hooked on all these fundie. In the past year I've found fundie family blogs and subscribe to at least 30 of them on my Reader. It is entertaining and my husband likes to say, almost an obsession. I do not agree with these people in any way shape or form but for some reason it's entertaining to me :). I've been stalking this forum today and learned of a few new blogs/people to stalk now, too :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I look forward to contributing to conversations here. No one else wants to dissect the whole quiverfull movement with me IRL so I'm glad I found this site!

Hi. I'm new here too, and I love what I've read so far. I've been on another board for an ex-religious sect and the people there clearly have bias towards those of fundie Christian persuasion (you can never say anything mean or you might hurt feeeeelings), yet they think they aren't fundies. They are openly biased against anyone showing skepticism - especially those sneaky agnostics and atheists! Nice to see you've got some free speech going here. And snark. I am MADE OF snark.

And good grief, if the Duggars don't want comments made about their families, they should quit flinging themselves in front of cameras. Also, someone needs to show Michelle that you can collect stuff other than human babies. Hell, even cats would be preferable at this point.

Anyway, hi!

Nice to see such an influx of non-hand slappers signing up for accounts and posting- I see all the guests browsing every day, and the number gets larger. Join us...there are cupcakes sometimes.

Welcome, all.

Welcome both! About Michelle and cats, at least with humans her body puts a limit on how many she can have. If she starts collecting cats...

Welcome and Happy Snarking!

ETA I am now Secretly Bill Gothard! :dance:

Welcome to the newbies. Snark away, but be warned, we're an opinionated bunch of bitches and someone is going to disagree with you at some point. Those who can defend and debate survive, those who don't....flounce. :snooty:

Have fun! :dance:

ETA: I'm a VF Intern and I didn't even notice until 12 posts in! I feel the hand of Dougie...on my husband...already!!!!111

ETA: I'm a VF Intern and I didn't even notice until 12 posts in! I feel the hand of Dougie...on my husband...already!!!!111

:lol:

Thanks for the welcome! And don't worry - I'm pretty sure my name at the other board was "that opinionated bitch" so it looks like I'll fit in here just swell!

Isn't it great? I was amazed to find that yes, there are OTHERS out there who like peeling up the rock that is crazy fundamentalist blogs and forums and just boggling at what is found underneath!

Most people I know in actual life always wonder "why do you READ that stuff?" Well, for the entertainment value of course! :D

Isn't it great? I was amazed to find that yes, there are OTHERS out there who like peeling up the rock that is crazy fundamentalist blogs and forums and just boggling at what is found underneath!

I know!

So, yesterday we took my daughter to see the Nutcracker ballet. During the whole part where they have the Russian Dance, Arabian Dance, etc, the show here has the woman with all the little circus performers under this HUGE hoopskirt, and they all come out and dance (Mother Ginger, apparently). The future Mr. Vixen made a comment referring to the whole Duggar demotivator "Vagina: "It's not a clown car". At dinner, it came up again in the conversation, and I said that they were one of the families/blogs we talk about here - the subject of J20 being brought up as well.

His response: "You mean that's a REAL family?"

I didn't realize more people didn't understand they were an actual family and not some bad photoshop...

Archived