IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I'm not quite sure what motivated me to finally post. I've been a lurker for... maybe a year and a half now? Anyway, I'm a left-wing, feminist married lady who sells booze for a living. Plus, I grew up Fundie! Homeschooled, stay-at-home mom, we attended an Assemblies of God church, young-earth creationist, so definitely Charismatic if not Fundie? Think Jesus camp. More populist than V.F. or the Maxwells.

Personal Fundie Faves include Lina, (Have you checked out Taliban Tony's brother on Facebook? He's a redneck Messianic and always looks slightly meth-ed out?) and the Life in a Shoe crowd, the Wissmanns, and a few other juicy blogs that somehow never get discussed here. Looking forward to actually contributing not just lurking. If you can believe it that was actually a New Year's Resolution of mine from last year on several sites. Better late than never?

@letgo, No I've been out of the movement for years and years now. I have a pretty deep knowledge of these blogs, though, just from obsessive reading. I do have 2 aunts who are married to fundie (lite?) ministers though. Lots of funny stories there.

Yup, that's Cole! He's definitely slightly hot. Not Tony- he def. fell out of the ugly tree...

Yeah, I'm not sure why a girl as pretty and smart (if utterly obnoxious and offensive) as Lina fell for someone as ugly and dumb at TT.

Yeah, I'm not sure why a girl as pretty and smart (if utterly obnoxious and offensive) as Lina fell for someone as ugly and dumb at TT.

I honestly think she has very low self esteem and an anxiety disorder.

Welcome, what made you leave the movement? and do you still believe in a God or did you left that behind as well?

Jesus no, I am a huge atheist, with a hugely dirty mouth. I'm a level 7 blasphemer! We left gradually, after my sister broke off and went to college. Parents ended up divorcing, another sister developed a drug problem and ended up in jail and rehab, I went to college, met my husband moved cross-country twice and ended up in the booze business.

Jesus no, I am a huge atheist, with a hugely dirty mouth. I'm a level 7 blasphemer! We left gradually, after my sister broke off and went to college. Parents ended up divorcing, another sister developed a drug problem and ended up in jail and rehab, I went to college, met my husband moved cross-country twice and ended up in the booze business.

Wow, sounds like quite a story. You don't have a blog do you? ;-)

Wow, sounds like quite a story. You don't have a blog do you? ;-)

I did years ago, but it wasn't about this particular topic. My sister (the older one) and I have been interested in stay-at-home-daughters blogs for several years now, though. "Maidens of Worth" was one of our gateway blogs.

The funny thing is, actually, that my younger sister, the one fresh out rehab, is now a Christian!!! I LOLed.

So glad we can be an encouragment to you! Welcome...you aren't the only one whose brain is invaded by FJ (see my Dream on the Botkin thread). Also, I saw a license plate that said ZSU 09. Yesterday, and immediately thought of FJ.

Anxiously awaiting your big reveal post. You could make it blind item syle, eg, "Which Manly anaconda hunter has more than mentoring on his mind, surrounding himself with pretty young boy interns...?"

I await, as I do weekly for my copy of People. With guilt tinged, baited breath.

:greetings-waveyellow: HI! I'm a fellow lurker as well who occasionally finds the time when baby is sleeping to post a few thoughts. Glad I'm not the only one!

Wissmanns!!!! I love them, and I obsessively read a whole lot of other blogs in their community.

The Wissmann boys are slightly defrauding, too. I've been reading Bethany's blog for a long time, and also the Beasly's blogs. Dan's sister Anna has a blog sillypippi1.blogspot.com that I follow. She's so awkward as to be cringe-worthy.

edited to remove link

So glad we can be an encouragment to you! Welcome...you aren't the only one whose brain is invaded by FJ (see my Dream on the Botkin thread). Also, I saw a license plate that said ZSU 09. Yesterday, and immediately thought of FJ.

Welcome! I am the same way. I was at Goodwill and saw the typical fundies in jean skirts/tennis shoes/long hair in buns and I actually followed them around hoping for something good to post. :clap: They didn't do anything good, but the girls were staring at my son in his pink jacket and black t-shirt/ skinny jeans.

Archived