IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

Welcome! I'm a bit confused, are you married or not, because you say SO and not DH. Either way, you go girl, and explore the world!

Married. TY for the welcome!

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome! I'm glad you found us and I hope you can continue to heal. You're safe here no matter what you decide to do, we come from all walks and backgrounds, but we all care. I'm very happy you're here. Welcome!

Welcome! I'm glad you found us and I hope you can continue to heal. You're safe here no matter what you decide to do, we come from all walks and backgrounds, but we all care. I'm very happy you're here. Welcome!

TY Ladypuglover!

Welcome to the group :) Don't be afraid to ask questions and stuff...most everybody here is nice, and glad to help...especially "escapees". :D

TY ladies! I do have a question for any of you who are former fundies: How do you cope with a spouse who is still fundie.

TY ladies! I do have a question for any of you who are former fundies: How do you cope with a spouse who is still fundie. Like IFB fundie-someone who still holds onto all the dogma. What do you do to survive?

Counseling from a secular counselor would be a good idea.

Thanks to all who replied. I've lurked here abt 6 months and think I first heard abt this forum at no longer quivering. Synchroswimer, did you attend HAC also?

Guest Anonymous
TY ladies! I do have a question for any of you who are former fundies: How do you cope with a spouse who is still fundie. Like IFB fundie-someone who still holds onto all the dogma. What do you do to survive?

I handled it by getting the hell away. I can't say that is best for everyone, but it's certainly an option. Mind, this guy spouted the Christian/fundie stuff when it suited him, but he was an utter shit who was cheating on me and terrorizing me when it suited him, too. Now I would never get or stay in a relationship with someone who showed fundie leanings.

Yikes! I feel for you! Have the two of you talked about where you stand belief-wise and if so, what was his reaction? You say he "holds onto all the dogma", which if true, I guess it might be pretty hard to have that conversation.

My husband is a man of faith (former fundie-lite) and I've told him about my diminishing faith. We don't discuss it very often, but I think he worries for me sometimes (hey, I worry about me sometimes!) We just respect each other and recognize that we all have our own spiritual journeys and that's a journey you can't do with another person.

But then again, he does not come from a place of believing that women should submit or any gender-based roles at all. I think that might be a horse of a completely different color.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Long, long time lurker coming out and proud here. Basically I decided i'd been visiting this site too much to not become an active participant.

Blogs I read on a daily basis are the Maxwells (duh), Zsuzsanna, Razing Ruth and occasionally A Living Sacrifice, Tomato Soupcake, Botkins, Jeubs and A Rather Unusual Maiden.

Do you know any other staples to add to my fundie diet?

Welcome and check out the blogger list pinned to the top of this page. And if you want crazy, check out Emily's now defunct blog, Under 1000.00 a month. She was something else.

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time now (actually even back on the old ones) and figured it was time I stopped creeping and participated. I'll share a little about me, it's kind of nice to find people that I believe will understand where I'm coming from as most people in my life nowadays can't fathom the lifestyles you discuss on here. I was raised in a maybe-not-quite-fundie, but very Conservative, Evangelical Christian household and I was also homeschooled for 10 years (1st-10th grade). During this time I was indoctrinated w/ a lot of the fundie beliefs-- everything from evolution is EVIL, purity rings, dressing modestly to not "defraud" the opposite sex, etc, etc. I grew up with a massive guilt complex and never felt like I was a good enough Christian and that there was always something wrong with me, whether it was my "worldliness" when I was a little too interested in makeup or hair (I'm' now in cosmetology school and have realized that is my true passion, but thanks for trying to beat that out of me) or what immodest little hussy I was whenever I tried to dress even remotely fashionably (sorry I have big boobs, I'm not going to wear clothes 4 sizes too large to hide them despite plenty of attempts from my mom). Thankfully my parents were not quite so far gone when I was younger that they believed in girls staying at home and I was able to go to college, get away from that environment which I was already having a lot of difficulty accepting and learn to think for myself (obviously that's the short version of the story). Just in time to because my parents are now part of a full-on fundamentalist church that scares the crap out of me and our relationship has become very strained. I'm not going to lie, I'm very bitter about how I was raised and some of the issues that I have that I'm now able to more clearly identify... just learning how to actually think for myself and get over the prejudices and beliefs that were pounded into my head for so many years has been quite the challenge. But at the same time, I finally feel as though an incredible weight has been lifted and I am enjoying the journey of discovering the world for myself. ( and helllllloooooo Harry Potter! :) )

Anyway enough on that... I probably got a bit long-winded. I'm so glad to find a group of people I think will "get" where I'm coming from. Plus you guys are hilarious. So, feel free to ask me any questions you want and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Guest Anonymous

Welcome! Harry Potter is awesome, you've probably noticed that a lot of us are fans.

What particular flavor of evangelical is your family if you don't mind my asking? Southern Baptist? IFB? FIC, or other?

But at the same time, I finally feel as though an incredible weight has been lifted and I am enjoying the journey of discovering the world for myself. ( and helllllloooooo Harry Potter! :) )

Hi there, welcome :) I resemble your remarks... In fact, a few weeks ago I was emailing a far away friend of mine and mentioned that I had discovered Harry Potter was not at all what I thought it was and quite enjoyed reading it and she just emailed back saying, Oh, you've joined the cult of HP! I was like, LOL. But it really is nice not to have to keep an iron grip on yourself for fear of, well, pretty much everything being bad.

Welcome! I hope you love every minute of cosmetology school and build a rockin' career for yourself!

Welcome! Harry Potter is awesome, you've probably noticed that a lot of us are fans.

What particular flavor of evangelical is your family if you don't mind my asking? Southern Baptist? IFB? FIC, or other?

Ha, I have noticed and I love it! In just a few months time I've become as big a fangirl as any although I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to grow up with it.

And I'm not 100% what exactly their church now is, I've only been a few times, but I believe they identify as something like Independent Fundamentalist?

Hi there, welcome :) I resemble your remarks... In fact, a few weeks ago I was emailing a far away friend of mine and mentioned that I had discovered Harry Potter was not at all what I thought it was and quite enjoyed reading it and she just emailed back saying, Oh, you've joined the cult of HP! I was like, LOL. But it really is nice not to have to keep an iron grip on yourself for fear of, well, pretty much everything being bad.

SO TRUE! And I agree w/ you on HP as well, I was so pleasantly surprised considering the evils I was always told it contained and after finishing just the first book I was convinced that everyone so adamant against it had clearly never read it!

Welcome! I hope you love every minute of cosmetology school and build a rockin' career for yourself!

Well thank you so much! So far it has been amazing.

Welcome! Oh goodness I couldn't imagine not having Harry Potter in my life. Especially the last two movies *swoon*. Okay, question though... when you were growing up were you allowed to wear make-up and hair how you wanted to? What made you want to study cosmetology? (I riffled when I typed that word and thought of how some of our other friends like Latisha would probably think cosmetology was the study of weather...)

Archived