IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever really introduced myself, so I'm happy for a chance to do so now!

I was Squirrely at the old board, but messed up when registering here, so I'm SquirrelySquirrel now. I'm 30 and live in Indiana with my awesome husband, our 5 year-old daughter (who very likely will remain an only child), a dalmatian, aquatic turtle, and fish. I am extremely liberal, an atheist, and I work from home for a parenting website. I'm an avid birdwatcher and love being outside in nature in general, and have all the neighborhood squirrels trained to come to my yard for peanuts, hence the username. I like to kayak, camp, read, watch too much tv, and persecute poor fundies in my free time.

The Duggars were my gateway fundies and I found FJ through TWoP. Like so many others here, I lurked for-freaking-ever before posting.

Thanks again to all who were involved in facilitating this move!

Keeperrox here; keeperrox there; keeperrox everywhere.

29-year-old Homemaking Home Economics Family & Consumer Science teacher. 1 husband, 2 dogs, no kids yet. I can kind of be a bitch, and will totally judge you if you spew intolerant bullshit unless you're 12, and then I'll just try to use it as a teaching moment.

Guest Anonymous

Hi. I'm still SnarkyJan. I'm 61 and work freelance designing websites and video game backgrounds. I'm childless but am mommy to a lovely, velvety little black cat. My husband and I have lived in Portland for 2 years, but lived in New York for over 27 years before that. I was brought up and still am Lutheran, and my husband is a (very) lapsed Caholic. I am happy to say neither of us have, or want, fundie credit.

Ooh, I don't think I ever posted an introduction on the old board.

Hi, I'm dramallama - 30, agnostic, female, and married in western Ohio, where I often feel like the only dirty heathen liberal for miles around, apart from my equally-dirty heathen liberal husband. I was raised in a secular home by a single mother, and I have an empty quiver that I fully intend to keep that way. I hope to someday have a quiver full of furbabies, though - damn the "no pets" policy of my apartment complex! I work full-time while going to school full-time, but I always find time to waste on internet snark.

I don't remember how I found FJ. I'm interested in fundies/dominionism because I see their not-unsuccessful efforts to infiltrate the political system as a real and growing threat to my way of life and the future of the US, and ignoring or brushing off that threat is done at our own peril.

Hi!

I've been a lurker since the very beginning of FJ, and have finally registered an account so that I can join the conversation. I am 45 years old, a woman, with five arrows in my quiver. One of them, an adult woman, I gave up for adoption but she found me several years ago, and we have been building a beautiful and complex relationship. Two of my other children are grown and married, and my youngest two are high schoolers.

I grew up charismatic catholic, but walked away from the church after a bad divorce many years ago now. I don't know what I believe these days, it seems as though I have been wandering a spiritual desert for a good long while. Sometimes I can feel the hand of something deep and holy pressing against my own, and other times I feel alone in the galaxy, adrift, waiting, waiting for a message that never arrives.

My two teenagers and newly found daughter are each experimenting with atheism, and I smile, because the universe is strange and unknowable, and who is to say they aren't right.

I own a small home based business, and have been a SAHM for the four children I raised, even though much of it I had to do on my own.

This community is incredible, and I have been timid to join as I don't feel as knowledgeable and eloquent as most here. But the new forum is so inviting and gorgeous, that I could no longer stay quiet. Thanks to Alecto and the wonderful mods for creating such a cool home!

Thehippieswereright

Hi! I'm Lilyc from the old site.

I've been a little inactive lately on FJ, but I intend to start up again! I miss fundie watching!

I'm Lily, heathen hippie homeschool mom of 7. My kids are 10, 8, 5, 4, 2, and two 1-year olds. I live in the PNW, bastion of sanity in this fundified country, with many animals, friends and family nearby.

I have a morbid fascination that borders on obsession with fundies, whether borne of intellectual curiosity, paranoia, or just plain schadenfreude, I have yet to figure out.

I have no fundie cred. I'm agnostic/atheist/culturally Jewish/general pantheism. Depending on which day you ask me.

My gateway was the Duggars. My drugs of choice now include Botkins, Maxwells, criminals such as Roy Lessin and the Pearls, and fundie wedding watching.

Hello all. I am a mother to lots of children. I love science fiction. My favorite is ST, Firefly/Serenity, Stargate and the others of that series.

I was on the old board, but due to family matters I have to change my name for here! (I pretty much just posted in my one thread....) I wanted to participate in the other board, but due to family matters, couldn't. Anyway....I will probably pipe in on some thread or another.

(Sometimes I wish this board would be private because I do know some are lurking about around here that we snark on.)

Nice to meet you all. And thank you for your kindness to me on the other board.

Hello all. I am a mother to lots of children. I love science fiction. My favorite is ST, Firefly/Serenity, Stargate and the others of that series.

I was on the old board, but due to family matters I have to change my name for here! (I pretty much just posted in my one thread....) I wanted to participate in the other board, but due to family matters, couldn't. Anyway....I will probably pipe in on some thread or another.

(Sometimes I wish this board would be private because I do know some are lurking about around here that we snark on.)

Nice to meet you all. And thank you for your kindness to me on the other board.

EMILY!?

I am on the fundie blog reference list.

I sure wish I could tell you what my name was because you all were so supportive in my family crisis. I would certainly hate for some of the uber-fundie lurkers to figure out who I was. I have already given them forgiveness for what they smeared about me. (The fundies!!!! not the FJerites....!!!)

Darn this post count thing too, because I already had a good number to get my name out of the "you are all going to hell" catagory! All from one thread!

I am on the fundie blog reference list.

I sure wish I could tell you what my name was because you all were so supportive in my family crisis. I would certainly hate for some of the uber-fundie lurkers to figure out who I was. I have already given them forgiveness for what they smeared about me. (The fundies!!!! not the FJerites....!!!)

Darn this post count thing too, because I already had a good number to get my name out of the "you are all going to hell" catagory! All from one thread!

I am pretty sure I know who you might be :)

SquirrelySquirel:

Hey! I'm an Indiana dweller also. Don't you hate being a liberal in a conservative state. Sometimes I wish I lived on a coast.

SquirrelySquirel:

Hey! I'm an Indiana dweller also. Don't you hate being a liberal in a conservative state. Sometimes I wish I lived on a coast.

I think Indiana has gotten pretty co-opted. While it was never the hotbed of liberalism when I lived there and went to high school/some college there I remember it as being much more liberal than it is these days.

It was the blue collar sort of liberal..

I kept my name from the other board even though I think I only posted 2-3 times. I found FJ through my roomate and I mostly lurk because I don't have time to get too involved.

I grew up fundie. My family was the skirts only, ATI, quiverful type (there are 11 in my family). I even lived in the same area as the Duggars for a little while. My dad started relaxing a little bit during my teen years and we started wearing pants, etc. I went to PCC for a couple of years and then it all fell apart. I decided that I didn't want to put up with my parent's crap anymore and moved myself in with my best friend who lived halfway across the country. I am currently attending a secular college and plan to graduate in the next couple of years. I am still Christian just not fundie.

I'll probably go back to lurking now :)

I kept my name from the other board even though I think I only posted 2-3 times. I found FJ through my roomate and I mostly lurk because I don't have time to get too involved.

I grew up fundie. My family was the skirts only, ATI, quiverful type (there are 11 in my family). I even lived in the same area as the Duggars for a little while. My dad started relaxing a little bit during my teen years and we started wearing pants, etc. I went to PCC for a couple of years and then it all fell apart. I decided that I didn't want to put up with my parent's crap anymore and moved myself in with my best friend who lived halfway across the country. I am currently attending a secular college and plan to graduate in the next couple of years. I am still Christian just not fundie.

I'll probably go back to lurking now :)

Yay for you! You've got some metaphorical balls, man.

Thanks GenerationCedarchip and Childless (not anymore!)! I will reach 35 next year. I know I have many blessings (sorry for the fundie word!)- even being single can be a blessing- but it is hard to look at my life and know it is halfway over and I am yet "unloved, unwanted. and unsung" and the biological clock I never believed existed when I was younger is blaring loudly. On the other hand, I don't have in-law problems, I can watch whatever I want when I want, etc. BUT I'm not trying to make this thread about me so I'll just say "thanks!" for the commiserating and understanding.

So because I'm slow and just saw this post, I'll do an intro.

I am a 20 something year old gay boy who grew up Reorganized Latter Day Saint (now called Community of Christ, blah). My parents were fundie light, mainly because my dad liked my mom working. We were raised to be conservative... but alas, I fell off the truck ages ago! I am in a long term committed relationship with the best guy ever and we are looking towards adoption in the next few years to extend our family. His parents are pretty cool with his gayness... mine haven't spoken to me since I turned 18. We have two doggies and a whole hoard of fish.

I joined up on the other board just before it closed, but I have been reading FJ for a loooong time. My partner thinks my "obsession" with fundies is odd, but he lets me indulge myself. We don't have cable or anything, so watching the Duggars is out, but I still enjoy reading up on them.

I hope everyone doesn't mind a male presence around here a bit. I promise I won't make you submit to me ;)

Guest Anonymous

I hope everyone doesn't mind a male presence around here a bit.

Welcome! We are mostly women but we do have a few regular posters of the dudely persuasion. doggie and Lewis come to mind, but I know there are others.

SquirrelySquirel:

It is pretty painful at times. I'm more or less ashamed to call myself a Hoosier lately. My dream state is Vermont, I think. I have mad love for Bernie Sanders.

But then I remind myself that our state NEEDS liberals to stay. If we don't come out of the woodwork and speak up, who will? We have a responsibility to speak out against the misogyny and idiocy of the likes of Pence and Daniels, and teach our children to speak up for what's right.

I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd take the plunge! I've been "following" the Max wells since before Nathan was married. I remember seeing photo's of him and his then "girlfriend" touching before their wedding. :o

I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd take the plunge! I've been "following" the Max wells since before Nathan was married. I remember seeing photo's of him and his then "girlfriend" touching before their wedding. :o

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Touching before the wedding, surly you jest. If true, I'm surprised the church did not collapse upon them at the wedding ceremony.

I've never been able to find much info on Nathan and Melanie's courtship. Their earliest blog posts seem to be after they are married. I wonder how the Maxwell's evolved their thinking from touching-ok to touching-you will burn in hell.

Archived