IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been lurking forever and finally decided to join. i probably won't post much because i don't have internet at my house [at the fiance's parent's house atm]. i do have internet on my phone, which i use to browse fj, but it's hard to type out a long reply on my phone. a little reply, probably, but nothing long. hope that's not a problem.

anyway, a little about myself. my name is lizzy, and i'm 24 and engaged. no kids yet cuz we're too poor [birth control is a wonderful thing]. currently living in western pennsylvania, though i was born in georgia and also lived in minnesota and wisconsin. i was raised in a very strict christian home, but am non-religious atm. i guess you could say i am christian, but i highly dislike organized religion, if that makes any sense. in fact, at one point when i was really young, my parents got into ATI. thank god they left! [i don't know why they left, perhaps as a teacher my mother found their homeschool material to be inadequate].

i don't remember when i first became aware of the duggars, but i remember liking them at first and actually wanting to be a part of their family! of course, nowadays, i know better. ;)

any questions, feel free to ask. i'm just going to jump right in. :)

Welcome!

i guess you could say i am christian, but i highly dislike organized religion, if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. My dad is the same way, and I respect him way more than most Christians... :)

birth control is a wonderful thing

Heathen!!! If we've learned anything from our fundie friends, its that it doesn't take money to raise a large family!! You can have 11 kids in a studio apartment eating ramen and thats okay, the bible says so.

Welcome to FJ!

Also, I love that you have a Hyperbole and a Half avatar! Quite a few of us have them here. Such a hilarious blog! :D

Also, I love that you have a Hyperbole and a Half avatar! Quite a few of us have them here. Such a hilarious blog! :D

why thank you! i just discovered her last year and tbh her childhood stories sound similar to things i would do. i was a strange child.

I kind of just jumped right in and started posting on the board, but I figured that it would be nice if I introduced myself. I'm Melissa, the almost 37 year old, slatternly, wordly, librul, beer-swilling single mother of a 16 year old son.

I am a recent graduate of nursing school, so in between my job search and studying for NCLEX I have been lurking here. The Yuku board was one of the things that kept me sane when I was actually in school, but I really didn't have the free time to post. Now I have too much free time. The hours. Oh the hours, Mrs. D.

Since my world view is quite similar to many of the cool people who post, I figured I'd jump in and see what happens. I look forward to getting to know all of you better. :)

I kind of just jumped right in and started posting on the board, but I figured that it would be nice if I introduced myself. I'm Melissa, the almost 37 year old, slatternly, wordly, librul, beer-swilling single mother of a 16 year old son.

I have no idea why I have not used "slaternly" to describe myself lately. :lol: It is an excellent word and now I shall try and insert it into every day conversation on a more regular basis. BTW, welcome to officially posting on FJ!

edited because I can't spell or proof read

Archived