IGNORED

Post-Rapture Introductions

snarkykitty

:clap: Hi! I haven't seen the word "slatternly" since my college boards. Welcome!

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome. We do seem to have more than our fair share of medical personnel and also INFP/J personalities.

Fellow slattern here.

Welcome! How did you find out about FJ /who was your "gateway" fundie?

I actually found it by googling for a small forum. This place kind of fits me. I am no fundie but I am not a liberal either. I am as middle of the road as it gets.

Guest Anonymous

Why have you been hotlinking images in threads that have little or nothing to do with the subject of the thread?

You may be legit, but there's more than a whiff of trollishness about your behavior thus far.

Why have you been hotlinking images in threads that have little or nothing to do with the subject of the thread?

You may be legit, but there's more than a whiff of trollishness about your behavior thus far.

Hot linking funny stuff. I am not a troll. If I were I would proxy my IP.

Guest Anonymous

Hot linking funny stuff. I am not a troll. If I were I would proxy my IP.

Hotlinking is stealing bandwidth. It's very bad netiquette.

Hotlinking is stealing bandwidth. It's very bad netiquette.

Its done on most forums. I guess I am just a bad netizen.

Damn. You called it before I had the chance.

Either a troll or a 12 year old with bad online manners.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm a former fundie-lite if I understand that term correctly. Never got into the quiverful movement but was very involved with Hyles-Anderson College and First Bapt Church of Hammond, IN and the churches they support. When I realized they didn't practice what they preached, i left. But am still fascinated by their world and am not sure why. I'm a Christian but am not affiliated with any church and doubt I ever will be again. I just don't trust preachers and never want to be in the middle of church politics again. I stayed as long as I did because of fear that God would zap me if I left It took years to realize that God doesn't give us the spirit of fear but He gives us love, power and a SOUND mind. So I've been gone from the movement for 20 years now but it will always be part of who I am.

I have been a lurker on the old board for a couple of years & now I joined this new board home. Never posted until today. I don't know if I have anything of value to add in the forum but who knows? A lot of you made me think. Hard. Thanks for that.

Updated this evening: I just edited my original post because I thought that I may have been too revealing. I'm always paranoid someone I know will figure it out. Sorry. Thanks for all the warm welcomes ladies!!

Good for you for making changes! It sounds like you're on a much more balanced path. Sorry to hear that your SO is pulling hierarchical control BS on you.

I think the little things like clothing or jewelry really do make a big difference when you add them up. I was raised to be a perfectly pleasant, accommodating young lady, which of course means that I now have a hard time even KNOWING what I want, much less saying it. Little things like saying what I want to watch on TV or eat for dinner when I'm hanging with my SO are actually fairly significant to me. The more I speak up in little ways, the easier it is to broach larger, more sensitive issues. It helps that he loves me and treats me as an equal. :-) Yay for non-patriarchal men.

Talking with friends has really helped me to see that I am good and that I deserve to be treated with respect and kindness. Everyone does. I feel like I interact with people in a much more genuine way now, even though I'm less hung up on being "sweet and loving" than I was as a fundy.

Welcome, and best of luck as you continue to sort things out!

Welcome! I'm a bit confused, are you married or not, because you say SO and not DH. Either way, you go girl, and explore the world!

Glad you're here and that you are following your heart and not a path somone told you to follow!

TY Buzzard! BTW, I love your avatar. So funny!

Archived